Best balcony cabins on Edge/Apex

cruise101

My apologies in advance if this question has already been asked and answered. I did a search with some key words and couldn't see what I was looking for. So, once again apologies in advance.

I have 2 basic questions:

1.  Which of the balcony cabins (NOT Aqua or Suites) on the Edge/Apex have the largest balconies?

2.  Are all balconies on the Edge class vessels Infinite Balconies? If not, when looking at the Deck Plans is there a way to know which cabins have regular balconies and which have Infinite Verandas?

Thanks in advance for your guidance/assistance.

The best balcony cabins are called Sunset Veranda Cabins. They are all aft with a view of the wake. The largest balconies are the two cabins in center of each deck. They do get a bit smaller as you go higher on the ship. Decks 7 and 8 are the largest. I have read a few reports that you may hear a bit of music from Eden on Deck 7 but I don’t think that is a reason not to book there. 

There are a few cabins at the front and back of the ship both port and starboard that have a small regular balcony but from your question I don’t think that is what you are looking for. 

I’m going to try to post a photo of the aft from Edge that shows the Sunset Veranda cabins. Be aware that they are quite popular and sellout quickly. All other cabins in the Veranda and Aqua categories are IV’s. 

image.jpeg.91497cc74deeb55687f423d6a377cc90.jpeg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, cruise101 said:

My apologies in advance if this question has already been asked and answered. I did a search with some key words and couldn't see what I was looking for. So, once again apologies in advance.

I have 2 basic questions:

1.  Which of the balcony cabins (NOT Aqua or Suites) on the Edge/Apex have the largest balconies?

2.  Are all balconies on the Edge class vessels Infinite Balconies? If not, when looking at the Deck Plans is there a way to know which cabins have regular balconies and which have Infinite Verandas?

Thanks in advance for your guidance/assistance.

I’m addition to the sunset staterooms, there are a handful of true balconies far forward and far aft.  Here is an example

73767963-9611-45AF-9556-F18421CC3D42.jpeg

BD8666AF-2254-4064-9E07-DE95350B7E78.jpeg

0D26B2FC-B38E-442B-9465-825534CA035F.jpeg

EF3B922C-95A5-4EE2-851A-140C6BAA312D.jpeg

• Like 1

The only true balcony cabins are suites or the above mentioned SV.s.  They tend to sell very quickly.  We had been looking at a  Edge  cruise that had not SVs available for  since shortly after bookings opened.   2 days after final payment was due a SV on deck  8 opened and we booked the cruise. 

I agree- the SV cabins are the best balcony cabins. Some may like those IV cabins- I certainly don´t!

The should have mixed the balcony´s in regulars and IV´s. I see the fact the majority of balcony cabins are IV´s as a major design flaw with the Edge Class!

Thanks for these great pictures of the " porthole balcony cabins" . For just a quick breath of fresh air those may suffice also.

I sailed in 9309 on my first Edge cruise...LOVED IT!  I will be in 10271 next week...directly above 9309.  When I booked the cruise, there were no SVs available.  I was persistent and checked availability every day (mostly multiple times a day).  When one opened up, I moved from the porthole verandah that I had booked to the SV.  There is nothing like it!

17 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I sailed in 9309 on my first Edge cruise...LOVED IT!  I will be in 10271 next week...directly above 9309.  When I booked the cruise, there were no SVs available.  I was persistent and checked availability every day (mostly multiple times a day).  When one opened up, I moved from the porthole verandah that I had booked to the SV.  There is nothing like it!

We have this same room (after a fair bit of stalking rooms) for our first Edge cruise.  Can you tell me the chair situation on the verandah? Is there enough room for loungers or are there just the 2 standard chairs? Thanks!

4 hours ago, imahistorygeek said:

We have this same room (after a fair bit of stalking rooms) for our first Edge cruise.  Can you tell me the chair situation on the verandah? Is there enough room for loungers or are there just the 2 standard chairs? Thanks!

There were two chairs and a table on the verandah when we arrived.  I asked for two loungers (I was sailing with a friend last time) as soon as I met the steward and they were delivered by the time we returned from the first's night dinner.  There was plenty of room for everything.  I plan to make the same request next week.  My friend and I are sailing in separate SVs this time because of the fabulous solo discount we got.  With just one lounger, I'll have even more room on the verandah.🤩

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jwlane said:

I can personally vouch for 12265 and 7315 on Apex, as we had both last month.  Loooong balconies.  Great cabins.

Hi Jwlane 
thank you for your post.

I just wondered whether when you were in 7315  you experienced any noise issues from Eden?

Thanks in advance 

We finally found an SV 7311 on our Edge cruise 9/4 and got a very good deal. Checked online everyday for over a month to find an SV.

Will that SV accommodate 2 lounges?

We hope so.

Like most of you this will be our first cruise after the C19 shutdown. In fact the Edge was our last cruise Feb 2020 just before the C19 shutdown.

We really didn't plan it that way. We had to cancel a cruise and the dates just matched. So moved from MSC to Celebrity. 

Stay Safe & Happy Cruising!

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m addition to the sunset staterooms, there are a handful of true balconies far forward and far aft.  Here is an example

73767963-9611-45AF-9556-F18421CC3D42.jpeg

Thanks for posting the photos. Compared to the IV, that’s a balcony. But I’m not sure I’d call it a “true balcony,” more like a hull balcony. 

18 hours ago, clanger said:

when you were in 7315  you experienced any noise issues from Eden?

On only one occasion did we hear anything---slight bass music sound.  It was not at a late hour that affected our sleep.

This is 7315---it was actually wider than 12265.

2021-07-21 11.36.19.jpg

Edited by jwlane
Add foto & info.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, LvBlueWater said:

Thanks so much.  What about any noise from Eden?  Can you hear in the room back on the sunset verandas on deck 7?  

Would love some feedback on this question... from all of those who have sailed on a sunset deck right above EDEN.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

Would love some feedback on this question... from all of those who have sailed on a sunset deck right above EDEN.  Thanks

We were in 7312 on Apex and the noise from Eden was certainly noticeable. They do late night parties on some nights. I would get deck 8 or higher to avoid this issue.

• Thanks 1