Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

8 minutes ago, Chipster2 said:

Has anyone known of a maximum bid for an upgrade NOT being accepted? On our upcoming cruise max upgrade bid is still much less than going rate.

Yes, myself on over 70 bids for about 12 cruises.

I have never won a bid with NCL.

I firmly believe it's because I double upgrade with points. Many will say no but there is no other logical explanation.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:11 AM, AnitaVacation said:

On a Panama Canal cruise, I would definitely keep that aft balcony, the view is unbeatable. 

So far I only bid on the aft penthouses for exactly this reason. We've never done the canal before, but my fiancee and I took advantage of rock bottom early restart prices to snag an aft balcony on MSC Meraviglia and we've been hooked since. This is a special cruise for us (we're getting married in Antigua during our stop in Puerto Quetzal) so getting into the Haven would be cool, but I think I'd take the large aft balcony over the Haven in general. It'll be neat if we get both, but we're definitely happy with what we booked.

1 minute ago, bundtkate said:

So far I only bid on the aft penthouses for exactly this reason. We've never done the canal before, but my fiancee and I took advantage of rock bottom early restart prices to snag an aft balcony on MSC Meraviglia and we've been hooked since. This is a special cruise for us (we're getting married in Antigua during our stop in Puerto Quetzal) so getting into the Haven would be cool, but I think I'd take the large aft balcony over the Haven in general. It'll be neat if we get both, but we're definitely happy with what we booked.

Wishing you the best on your upcoming nuptials.

• Like 1

bunndtkate : if you can get into a haven, give it a try. im going to book the 2 bedroom on the ncl departing from panama city next jan. while the view from an aft cabin may be "unbeatable" the haven also has this huge sun deck. i can only imagine sitting on this deck at t he top of the ship, and watching us traverse the canal. 

Currently in a forward penthouse on the NCL Joy Sept 1, bit on both 2 bedroom haven suites and 2 aft penthouse suites. Received notification we  have been outbid on the 2 bedroom suites but aft still stands.  We have only bid minimum so not getting our hopes up

On 8/20/2022 at 7:33 AM, Chipster2 said:

Has anyone known of a maximum bid for an upgrade NOT being accepted? On our upcoming cruise max upgrade bid is still much less than going rate.

Every cruise. Many high end cabin classes are sold out. Bidding is only accepted if there are last minute cancellations (at least for now, maybe a failed COVID test). 

That being said, we have cancelled on the week of cruise several times. Once for health reasons, but mostly urgent Business matters that could not be dealt with while at sea. In those cases, someone would have been the happy recipient of our abandoned stateroom. 

I paid regular price for a balcony on my upcoming Sept 2 sailing in Europe (no upgrades). All that was left by the time I bought the fare was BF-GTY guarantees. I still haven’t got my cabin allocation. 

does anyone know if the NCL systems decide differently about paid guarantees vs. Upgrades? Upgrades are still guarantees right? In that, you could get any balcony in the category? But does anyone know if paid fares get priority in their cabin picks or is it truly random?

Or are the upgrades and fares treated totally separately…

thanks

I won a bid on an upgrade from inside to balcony on 7/23/22 Getaway cruise for $10 over minimum bid.  When we got on board first reaction was oh no we will regret this upgrade.  We were way up front on deck 13.  Long walk to elevator/stair bank.

Turns out it was a blessing.  We talked to many people near stairs that said the kids were very loud into all hours of the night.  Several had to call security at 2-3 AM.  We never heard a peep.

I guess all locations have their pros and cons.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I paid regular price for a balcony on my upcoming Sept 2 sailing in Europe (no upgrades). All that was left by the time I bought the fare was BF-GTY guarantees. I still haven’t got my cabin allocation. 

does anyone know if the NCL systems decide differently about paid guarantees vs. Upgrades? Upgrades are still guarantees right? In that, you could get any balcony in the category? But does anyone know if paid fares get priority in their cabin picks or is it truly random?

thanks

They need to assign you a cabin before they accept upgrades because you are guaranteed at the least a balcony.

Just like those bidding, they bid on category not a specific room.

3 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

thanks

There are lots of balcony cabins on that sep 2nd sailing, for example category BA on a TA website out of New Hemisphere is showing currently 69 cabins available just in Ba alone, suggest going to any TA site and do mock booking and you will see cabins available 

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

There are lots of balcony cabins on that sep 2nd sailing, for example category BA on a TA website out of New Hemisphere is showing currently 69 cabins available just in Ba alone, suggest going to any TA site and do mock booking and you will see cabins available 

Yes someone else on CC told me this but unfortunately the clincher is that I am a solo and “reasonable” pricing only applied to my cabin…

The double occupancy rates were getting close to haven territory…

thank you though 

Anyone get upgrade notice for This Saturday.  My bids both still show pending.  I will be on Pride of America.  Only bid min. So prob. Won’t get, but we leave on Wednesday for Hawaii and hope to know then for luggage tags. 

Also, I have a handicapped cabin, will they only consider handicapped for upgrades since I need one?

2 hours ago, Tsdcruiser said:

Anyone get upgrade notice for This Saturday.  My bids both still show pending.  I will be on Pride of America.  Only bid min. So prob. Won’t get, but we leave on Wednesday for Hawaii and hope to know then for luggage tags. 

Also, I have a handicapped cabin, will they only consider handicapped for upgrades since I need one?

Will not look for handicapped cabin. Could assign ANY cabin in the category you are bidding on. If you need handicapped cabin might not be worth bidding.

Edited by Chipster2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those following my balcony GTY drama, I got my edocs assigned today and it looks like I have been assigned a balcony cabin 99999. I have heard interesting stories about getting 99999. Some say it means I won’t get an assignment until I check in - which is great in a way because I can plead my case to NOT be put on deck 8 which is where I don’t wanna be. others are saying it means I’m in for a big hassle as the ship may be oversold.

It looks like we are taking on a fair bit of crew on my sailing because it is just before drydock so I’m really not sure how this could go, especially if they get placed in all the cabins.  I will let you all know!

On 8/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Help me out here.  Why can't I just get a free drink at the bar (or two) and bring it back to my room?

We enjoy having Bailey's or Jamison in our coffee in the morning. It's our cruising replacement for the flavored creamer we can't get onboard. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Help me out here.  Why can't I just get a free drink at the bar (or two) and bring it back to my room?

You can. You also can have one of the butler's do it, but after 2am, it takes 30-45 minutes once you call so we don't do that option.

We just have the bartender at last call pour a triple or a quad straight and take that back with us.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever won a bid for the delux owners suite on either the breakaway or the getaway? I am in a courtyard and have a bid on the line remaining cabin which is the delux owners suite and wondering if I have a shot? I am bid in the fair range. Thanks everyone 

On 8/23/2022 at 1:02 AM, marktwothousand said:

For those following my balcony GTY drama, I got my edocs assigned today and it looks like I have been assigned a balcony cabin 99999. I have heard interesting stories about getting 99999. Some say it means I won’t get an assignment until I check in - which is great in a way because I can plead my case to NOT be put on deck 8 which is where I don’t wanna be. others are saying it means I’m in for a big hassle as the ship may be oversold.

It looks like we are taking on a fair bit of crew on my sailing because it is just before drydock so I’m really not sure how this could go, especially if they get placed in all the cabins.  I will let you all know!

I had that too but it changed a few days ago. I am in an inside- got deck 11. Have bids in for upgrade also so fingers crossed. Going Sept 4 on Gem so not expecting to hear until next week.