Carnival changing testing to 2 days prior...we Royal follow?

bajathree

8 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

If you are sailing before 09/13, you are OK if they follow Carnival's timeline.

It's not carnivals timeline. Last friday the cdc recommended that the window go to 2 days starting sept 13. Carnival went with what the cdc said. .. as imo rcl will.

I scheduled a last minute cruise, leaving next month. I ordered the 6 pack of tests from eMed and I could only put in 3 names, but we're a family of 4. Can anyone confirm if you can use the tests on anyone, regardless of names. Has someone ACTUALLY done this with success? I am going to try very hard to get our tests done in person and have these as a back up, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm working with and I've been on hold with eMed for 20 minutes and no one responded to my message. 

5 minutes ago, ughreally said:

I scheduled a last minute cruise, leaving next month. I ordered the 6 pack of tests from eMed and I could only put in 3 names, but we're a family of 4. Can anyone confirm if you can use the tests on anyone, regardless of names. Has someone ACTUALLY done this with success? I am going to try very hard to get our tests done in person and have these as a back up, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm working with and I've been on hold with eMed for 20 minutes and no one responded to my message. 

I'mm curious about this as well.  We are cruising with our family out of Copenhagen next summer.  I think that if testing is required next year we will use these tests.

We sail the 17th. Anticipating this, I have booked our antigen tests for the 15th.

It looks like you can order the Binax Ag test from Walgreens and pick it up that day, so if it goes sideways, we can do that.

That we can pay for it with our HSA is awesome!

10 minutes ago, flamingos said:

We sail the 17th. Anticipating this, I have booked our antigen tests for the 15th.

It looks like you can order the Binax Ag test from Walgreens and pick it up that day, so if it goes sideways, we can do that.

That we can pay for it with our HSA is awesome!

I don't believe the test you can buy from Walgreens is the correct proctored test.

34 minutes ago, ughreally said:

Yes...it has been reported with success. I have talked to eMed on the phone asking this exact question and their response is that it doesn't matter who uses the test (even though you list names)...they just have to have the  NAVACA app and set up an account..

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

Thanks. I thought I had read that it was.  

Binax has 2 different tests...an at home test that does not require anyone observing....that is the only one I have seen available at Walgreens and is NOT accepted. The eMed Binax test is the proctored test ....thats IS the test that is accepted.

7 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

What is the shelf life on the eMed test kits?  I have 8 cruises booked between October of this year and October of next year, so as long as they don't expire too soon I should be in good shape ordering these for a back up.

Its really a toss up for the current stock, the first batch I ordered had a 10/15 which translates to 1/15.  the second batch I bought had 10/5 which translates to 1/5.  Now that they are ramping up their production of the tests my guess is people will start getting expiration dates that are 6 to 9 months possibly a year out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

1)  Many people will cancel

2)  Many of those who do not will be left at the dock.

Either way, this is not a good thing for cruising.

If they would reduce the prices by even just a little bit then more people might be willing to put up with it instead of canceling. I don’t see that happening.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Royal must be working out details on how to test at least some people at cruise terminal before they make announcement and have phones blow up with more cancellations.  

I cannot see them being able to test a couple thousand people in a matter of hours, so it will be interesting to see what plans they have put together.

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If they would reduce the prices by even just a little bit then more people might be willing to put up with it instead of canceling. I don’t see that happening.

I have seen some great deals for cruises sept thru april.  A lot of people posting about getting reprice for substantial savings or getting OBCs.