The Daily for Wednesday September 08, 2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning, all.  Lovely day here in southeastern PA.  Prayer request please for BIL who fell getting into daughter’s car yesterday.  Fractured femur, wrist and hip — 80 years old.  On morphine now but we will know more later today.  Thank you.  Katherine 

Oh my, that's quite a bad accident with all those broken bones.  I'm so sorry to hear it and we will add him to our prayers.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning, all.  Lovely day here in southeastern PA.  Prayer request please for BIL who fell getting into daughter’s car yesterday.  Fractured femur, wrist and hip — 80 years old.  On morphine now but we will know more later today.  Thank you.  Katherine 

Sending lots of of prayers his way. Jim.

• Like 7

I  just  re-read  the  first  two  pages  and  realized  I  missed  a  few  things. I  think I  am  somewhat  preoccupied.

@SirPMP, Will  not  turn  blue,sorry) Your  pictures  are  always quite  lovely  and  I  suspected  a  professional  as  well

@kazu, I  will  happily  celebrate  Star  Trek  Day. DH  and  I  have  been  watching  Captain  Janeway for  the  last  two  weeks  and  it  is  just  as  good  as  the  first  time. I  love  all  the  different  series as  well

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Oh your poor BIL 😔. Prayers winging his way 🙏🏻 

• Like 7

@Seasick Sailoryour photo of the deer in your neighborhood is amazing.  He's right up there near the front door eating plants, no worries!  Are those antlers I see?  Everyone's deer photos show such huge antlers!  I haven't seen a deer in our neighborhood with antlers, not even little antlers!

21844.jpeg

Monday night we saw the most deer ever out behind our property - 8 at one time.  Two or three were fawns, the rest antler-less adults.  The one with the white eye seems to have a different color coat now.  Hers has changed to dark brown, and the rest still have a reddish-brown coat.  

• Like 17

59 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Sending our prayers for your BIL.

I hope the hospital doctors can fix all his fractures and ease his pain.

Graham.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, great photos of your times spent in Sete!  Don't you miss having the Prinsendam take us to these smaller ports of call?  And don't we all wish we could stroll down scenic streets like this, just like in pre-Covid days?  sigh....

Sandi, thank you.  Yes, I miss the Prinsendam and the Veedam, too, inspite of what they did to the stern.  Both were our favorite HAL ships, and we enjoyed the unique, small ports they could take us to visit.

Lenda  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you for The Daily Rich  @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists. 

🤓We left a very smokey Bend, OR and headed north to the Capitol of Washington ( Olympia) and will play tourists here.😊

Beautiful photos of today's port of call....would love to go anywhere in France!😉

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

international-literacy-day-image-s1.jpg

We went to Paris France for our honeymoon 40 years ago.

Villefranche is a tender port for Nice and Monaco and a pretty port and one of our favourites.

Graham 

IMG_20210810_152643.jpg

• Like 15

@Lady Hudson oh dear, certainly will add your BIL to my prayers; it sound like he's going to need them in his recovery.

@dfishwoo hoo on the negative test !!!

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm blown away by all of your lovely photos - you really make the ports enticing, you know!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning! Well, I  want  to  go  to Sete! @Quartzsite Cruiser, love  your  pictures  always  but  these  were  especially  nice.

I  just  got  back  from  the  early  morning  PT  run  and  am  having  my  second  cup  of  coffee.

@dfisch, good  luck  on  your  test  and  thanks  so  much  for  the  recipe. I  decided  to  try  it  tonight  as  I  have  I  have  leftover   quiche  for   the  vegetarians  and  I  know  the  rest  of  us  would  enjoy  mushrooms,onions,bacon  and  of  course  pork  cutlets. I  was  practically  tasting  it  as  I  read  through  it. We  had  a  wonderful  German  Restaurant  in  White  Plains,NY called  Maxl's  that  made  it  this  way and  I  remember  going  there  with  my  parents. A  nice  memory.

I  must  run  out  again  for  another  appointment  but  wanted  to  say  hello before  it  was  past  morning.

Thanks  for  the  Daily  and  all  of  the  nice  people  connected  to  it.

Terry

Terry, thank you for your kind comments.  I like taking pictures [probably too many) to remember trips, and I'm glad I can share them.

Lenda 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Katherine, I sorry about your BIL. Sending good thoughts for a full recovery.

Lenda

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am pleased to announce that I failed my test this morning and I am negative!!!

@Lady Hudson I am sorry to hear of BIL's fall.  He has quite a few broken bones and it sounds like a long recovery.

Debbie, it always seems strange, but nice when we can celebrate a failed test.  Now, you can relax and enjoy your cruise.

Lenda.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@Lady Hudson oh dear, certainly will add your BIL to my prayers; it sound like he's going to need them in his recovery.

@dfishwoo hoo on the negative test !!!

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm blown away by all of your lovely photos - you really make the ports enticing, you know!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, thank you.  I'm glad they are enjoyed be others.

Lenda

• Like 7

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

for example:

Ampersands are celebrated today with National Ampersand Day. The day was created by Chaz DeSimone of AmperArt, who wanted to "acknowledge & applaud the ampersand." He chose September 8th as the holiday's date because he found that when using ampersands in various fonts he could spell out "September 8" using only ampersands.

So, pick something you wish to celebrate, pick a day, and tell everyone to celebrate it!

(But make sure it is not already celebrated on another day!)

That's fascinating!  I had to google and see if I could find a graphic...

image.thumb.png.2456ba59e85045fb7b29e42b16f3d277.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Whoa!  A few minutes ago I heard a loud helicopter so looked out to see a medical helicopter descending near our neighborhood.  When they have a emergency that requires an Atlanta trauma center they land helicopters at the nearby Sports Center lawn.  Must be something pretty bad!  One time a woman was in bad shape with smoke inhalation  due to a house fire and they landed in the same lawn space to pick her up.  Edited to add that the woman also had some burns on her body, so I suppose she needed a burn center which our small town doesn't have.

Prayers for whoever they are transporting today.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
More info
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2