Royal Up invitation, I think NOT

lovescats5

Just received a Royal Up invitation for our Anthem Thanksgiving cruise.  We can bid on the Royal Loft or Owners Loft for $1600 or $1300 per person.  Do they think we are made of money.  If it would have been a reasonable amount maybe but not for this much money.  We will stick with our Grand Loft, still Star Class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure if this post is a joke or not. But I DO know that you are in Star Class😉

I don't think that the minimum bid is out of line at all. Biggest suites on the ship over a major holiday? 
What would the price difference be if you had booked the better suites during your original booking? 

( They don't really think anything about your wealth or lack-there-of. The Royal Up bids are determined by an algorithm the third-party company uses .)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WE just did a fun mock up yesterday, this was $16,000.  Your royal up,cheaper than dirt.  Of course it's all relative.  We'd never be able to afford a loft anyway.  We keep our cruising budget around $2k, used to be $1k back in the day!

• Like 6

This morning, just for grins, I put in an offer on the Royal Loft suite for our Allure cruise next month. I did the minimum of $3200 pp, figure I will let it ride for a month or so and dream a lot and then cancel it. No way I want to pay $6400 more than we are already paying, but it is like playing the lottery, except that actually costs money.

I would never do the Royal UP.  We always book a balcony.  To do the Royal UP to even a JS would cost us more yet not give me the xtra points.  So not worth it for me.  If I cannot get the points, not paying more for more room, totally not worth it.

6 minutes ago, Espn said:

This morning, just for grins, I put in an offer on the Royal Loft suite for our Allure cruise next month. I did the minimum of $3200 pp, figure I will let it ride for a month or so and dream a lot and then cancel it. No way I want to pay $6400 more than we are already paying, but it is like playing the lottery, except that actually costs money.

Read the terms.  Not sure I would be rolling the dice with $6,400 on the line.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I put in a lowball offer for a 2 bedroom GS for an upcoming Allure sailing.  Already cancelled it once when I heard about all the perks that are no longer but went back and put it in.  Even without the double points if accepted the total cruise cost will be around $3100 so I figured what the heck.  

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Espn said:

considering it can be accepted at any time, I would never put in a royal up bid unless I truly was willing to spend what I bid

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I put in a lowball offer for a 2 bedroom GS for an upcoming Allure sailing.  Already cancelled it once when I heard about all the perks that are no longer but went back and put it in.  Even without the double points if accepted the total cruise cost will be around $3100 so I figured what the heck.  

We had a 2 BR GS on Anthem, loved all the extra space and two full bathrooms.  We had booked a suite guaranty and then got a Royal Up offer before our cabin was assigned.  Knowing that we always get a JS when we do suite guarantees, we put in a Royal Up bid for a GS.  Two weeks prior to cruise, we got assigned a 2 BR GS!  I immediately canceled my Royal Up bid for the GS as that was now a step down from our assignment.  I was nervous until we boarded that we would get downgraded.  Lesson learned, no bidding on Royal Up if we book a guaranty!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

considering it can be accepted at any time, I would never put in a royal up bid unless I truly was willing to spend what I bid

Ok fine, I had my day dream and canceled the bid, LOL. The Royal Loft has not been available for more than a year since we booked. I would be willing to pay $6400, but the wife would kill me. I am pretty sure if the Royal Loft did become available RC would wait until the last minute to take a minimum bid, but you guys are right.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Just received a Royal Up invitation for our Anthem Thanksgiving cruise.  We can bid on the Royal Loft or Owners Loft for $1600 or $1300 per person.  Do they think we are made of money.  If it would have been a reasonable amount maybe but not for this much money.  We will stick with our Grand Loft, still Star Class.

I want my own Woompa Loompa, and I WANT IT NOW!!!!  

Love, Veruca Salt

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Well, I only book a balcony, and only afford it with a Diamond Discount.......and you are in a Grand Loft, so I can see why they think you are made of money

You are obviously made of money to those that can only afford an inside cabin for 4 people (w/ KSF).  😉

• Haha 1

I won a JS Royal-Up bid and to me it's totally worth it for what I paid (lowest bid possible).  Although no extra points there are advantages over regular balcony cabins such as more cabin space and larger balconies. Some JSs have bathtubs and walk-in closets. Some other perks are bathrobes, luxury toiletries and on Oasis class, dinner at Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 2