so been gone a while. Do any ships still have Diamond Lounges?

after a 2 year lay off ,  looking to get back to cruising. getting differing information. Do RCCL ships still have Diamond Lounges? or is it just the 4 drinks on a card now? I hope that's not the case!  that was a big reason to keep coming back to RCCL.  if there are few if any real advantages to Diamond members now, what's the point? I won't be paying for a suite and I will never cruise enough to be Pinnacle.

if someone could give me a synopsis of where we are at as of september 2021 as I am looking at various ships/dates

yes, but WHICH ships?

we were looking at the Odyssey and it appears that its lounge is restricted to Diamond Plus and above.  No lounge for Diamond.

this was my question.  who maintains a Diamond Lounge?  not just the "4 drinks on your Seapass a day" thing? The Harmony?  Liberty?

1 minute ago, RCLDIAMONDIAM said:

we were looking at the Odyssey and it appears that its lounge is restricted to Diamond Plus and above.  No lounge for Diamond.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2059/04

Diamond Club is on Deck 4 on Odyssey.

If you want a drink in there during Happy Hour you use your vouchers. If you want a drink any other time you can get one at the bars onboard. You can also use your vouchers on Cococay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RCLDIAMONDIAM said:

yes, but WHICH ships?

this was my question.  who maintains a Diamond Lounge?  not just the "4 drinks on your Seapass a day" thing? The Harmony?  Liberty?

All ships that are sailing right now have Diamond Lounges as well as Suite Lounges that are open and operating.   They are trying to social distance the lounges as best as they can.

Odyssey is Not restricted to D+, Diamond may go into lounge on deck 4.

Freedom of the Seas Diamond Lounge was open this past weekend. I even scored a few free water bottles. They served a light breakfast in the morning and appetizers starting at 5pm. Coffee machine coffees served by attendant. No more happy hour with unlimited drinks but you can use a voucher for a drink. Lovely view and nice outdoor terrace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RCLDIAMONDIAM said:

yes, but WHICH ships?

There are lounges, but no more unlimited drinks. 

• Like 2

I'm recently off Ovation, my first Diamond level cruise. I went in the lounge once, it's just a room, with obstructed windows so no real view. The staff member was very welcoming. I received my cup of coffee from the machine from an attendant. I was one and done on that experience since I had a coffee card. There were a couple of people sitting having a chat. I never went back. Maybe I would have if the space had a better view, but it almost felt like the worker sitting at the desk was like a teacher watching over things. I also was traveling with non-diamonds.

On the other hand, the drink vouchers were fantastic! I have a feeling Royal will change things soon and make them non-shareable. It was more than enough for our crew to enjoy. Great change!

On 9/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, John&LaLa said:

There are lounges, but no more unlimited drinks. 

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

When ever there was chatter (rumors) about removing the D lounge, or changing requirements, so many  people claimed they didn’t care about the free drinks but wanted a place to meet with other D members.   Now, that is what RCCL provided. Enjoy

m

No free booze = no need to visit 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2021 at 9:49 PM, xpcdoojk said:

With a name like yours, I would think we should be asking the questions!

sigh….

sigh? It's been more than 2.5 years since I had a cruise and a lot has changed. It's a legitimate question. I've been Diamond for like 15 years now and a lot has changed, but I heard rumours about changes related to Diamond access to lounges.  so please put away your sigh if you can't answer the question. Thank you.  Not all of us are as knowledgeable and brilliant as you clearly are

• Like 1

Yes, perfect for everyone 🙂

Except those that are on critic sites that, well, critique.

Anyway, IMHO, it's best of both worlds.  Less crowds in the lounge.  Lounge is still there for hanging out throughout the day and during cocktail hour if desired. Snacks & coffee still there.  Drinks can be used anywhere. When staffed, staff is friendly and welcoming.

I think the only ones that miss out are the ones that can get more than 4 drinks down during the lounge window.  I used to be one of those, but I found it messed up the rest of the night.  Now I still drink the same amount but space it out a lot better.  Sure, I buy an extra drink or 3 through the day, but I was doing that anyway before.