Check in now unavailable?

XLVIII

For our upcoming November 15 cruise, we checked in as soon as it became available - mid August I think. A couple weeks back we revised our boarding time to a better slot (11:30), and completed everything for check in. Today I looked at our booking and it says check in is unavailable and will start October 1? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, this is a known systemwide issue, and is the same for Royal Caribbean sailings.

Many are already checked in to upcoming trips, but now closed out. I have one upcoming on both lines, checked in for both.  

There is no official explanation, other than "they opened check-in too early". 

Nothing to be concerned about. I've decided to stop stressing / checking until 49 days out.

As I recall, that was when bag tags became available to print - on RC anyway. 

Maybe that will trigger something. 

We have been trying unsuccessfully to check in for our upcoming Silhouette cruise in November. The response we keep getting on line is “check in is closed”. Our TA had the same result. Called X and their agent said the same. Very frustrating!

3 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Yes, this is a known systemwide issue, and is the same for Royal Caribbean sailings.

Many are already checked in to upcoming trips, but now closed out. I have one upcoming on both lines, checked in for both.  

There is no official explanation, other than "they opened check-in too early". 

Nothing to be concerned about. I've decided to stop stressing / checking until 49 days out.

We are now 43 days out…

7 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

EDocs and luggage tags for our October sailing became available at 30 days. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

For our upcoming November 15 cruise, we checked in as soon as it became available - mid August I think. A couple weeks back we revised our boarding time to a better slot (11:30), and completed everything for check in. Today I looked at our booking and it says check in is unavailable and will start October 1? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I just checked and the same for me.  I completed check-in a few weeks ago, and it now says it is closed (or unavailable, I forget) and that I will be notified on e-mail when it is available. 

C-Dragons this is for the November 12 Silhouette cruise. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

Similar experience. We checked in for our December 3 Silhouette cruise on September 4 when check in opened as scheduled, and several days later were able to select an earlier arrival time when more times were posted. I’ve looked periodically at our check in, and it was still there yesterday. But just now, after reading this thread, I checked the app and it’s now showing that check in isn’t available yet!  No date posted as to when it will be. 

Very frustrating Celebrity IT!

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Similar experience. We checked in for our December 3 Silhouette cruise on September 4 when check in opened as scheduled, and several days later were able to select an earlier arrival time when more times were posted. I’ve looked periodically at our check in, and it was still there yesterday. But just now, after reading this thread, I checked the app and it’s now showing that check in isn’t available yet!  No date posted as to when it will be. 

Very frustrating Celebrity IT!

Amen to that! 😉

For our December 4, 2021 sailing on Reflection Check-in is not showing on the Celebrity app on my iPHone but I was able to log in on the Web Site and complete the information for my wife and myself, up to acknowledging the health information.  Have been unable to get past that piece so far.  We are still a long way from sailing so am not worried about it but I do keep checking back every couple of days. 

I would assume on some of the cruises, mine included in nov , they are still figuring out itinerary’s.  I still am showing grand cayman as a stop.  I know that’s not happening   I’m on nov 23 on the constellation so just waiting.  Not worried when I can check in I will.  Other things to worry about than this 

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Update: buried in the app, it now says our check in will open on October 19 (which is 44 days before our cruise).  I wonder if it will have saved any of the info I inputted (including our photos and passports) when check in opened on September 4 . . . I’m not holding my breath. 🤣

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Update: buried in the app, it now says our check in will open on October 19 (which is 44 days before our cruise).  I wonder if it will have saved any of the info I inputted (including our photos and passports) when check in opened on September 4 . . . I’m not holding my breath. 🤣

Where in the app did you find this?

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Midway down on the screen that appears when I click the person icon.

Thank you. Nope, I got nothing! I'm on the Connie, first cruise out of Tampa. I've read that the "firsts" are lagging on check-in. 

And I wait.....

Edited by 3dogmom
  • Like 1

I booked Silhouette on Sept 14 for Dec 3 sailing.... was able to complete check in and make dinner reservations about two days later... read about this issue on my role call... went onto the website and all was fine...say my boarding pass and check in time... Then I went to check the app..but had to redo password and by the time I went back online to the site... I was locked out... they say they will send an email when it is time to check in.. I did the whole bloody thing..so I am not pleased if I have to do that again.

Just glad I didn't book specialty dining..who the hell knows what would have happened to charges made before they shut it down

Edited by kearney

3 hours ago, kearney said:

Just glad I didn't book specialty dining..who the hell knows what would have happened to charges made before they shut it down

Check in has nothing to do with pre-cruise dining reservations made nor shorex booked.  All of mine are still showing in my calendar.

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I'm envious of all of you cruising soon. I just hope a lot of these issues are corrected by March 2022. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, XLVIII said:

Same here for 19 November Equinox cruise. Now states check in 5 October. I started another thread with the same question before I saw this one. 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Check in has nothing to do with pre-cruise dining reservations made nor shorex booked.  All of mine are still showing in my calendar.

For some reason I had trouble locating the calendar... tried again and you are correct things are still there. thanks

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:23 PM, Turtles06 said:

Buried WHERE in the app?
My 06-Nov Reflection only shows 3 buttons at the bottom on the app: Safety, Account, Dining

I was working with IT support on an issue and they suggested checking back "closer to 45 days" to be able to check-in.

*edit*

Nope. Clicked the profile button.  Nothing about check in.  😞

Edited by D C

On 9/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, 3dogmom said:

Thank you. Nope, I got nothing! I'm on the Connie, first cruise out of Tampa. I've read that the "firsts" are lagging on check-in. 

And I wait.....

We are also on the 11/7 Constellation cruise, and we are also not able to do check-in.

I've looked on my laptop and on the phone app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D C said:

Buried WHERE in the app?
My 06-Nov Reflection only shows 3 buttons at the bottom on the app: Safety, Account, Dining

I was working with IT support on an issue and they suggested checking back "closer to 45 days" to be able to check-in.

*edit*

Nope. Clicked the profile button.  Nothing about check in.  😞

How current is your app? I updated mine recently, and I now have 5 buttons along the bottom:

IMG_59AC9E95B676-1.thumb.jpeg.eebea9a392cb46d22cc9a40e24954d68.jpeg