Why are these not running during covid?

LuCruise

I know there is a covid reason, but why have they currently not running...

1. Rollerblading on Anthem (as I'm pretty sure I saw ice skating on a Freedom compass)?
  2. Cupcake class?  If social distancing is an issue, couldn't they have it in MDR or some larger venue and spread families out at different tables?
  3. The Gift on Anthem

I get social distancing prevents the Escape room (although I thought I heard it's running on Oasis) and laser tag.

9 hours ago, libbismom said:

I heard the cupcake class and other food classes had to be cancelled per CDC Covid regulations. 

Bingo is also all paper games - no electronic tablets. 

Yeah, all are not running due to covid but just wondering why they couldn't still have it with everyone spread out?  And wonder when it and others listed will return.

Makes sense with bingo...so not re-used/shared.

8 hours ago, Miloomar said:

From everything I've heard.... this is a benefit not a negative

Have heard iffy reviews but would we would still like to see it.

Similarly, we found that planet one on Allure odd, but still glad we saw it.

20 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Sounds fun. I might actually go 

10 hours ago, libbismom said:

I heard the cupcake class and other food classes had to be cancelled per CDC Covid regulations. 

Bingo is also all paper games - no electronic tablets. 

They had electronic tablets on Odyssey at the end of August

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Ah....thanks for clarifying. Have often thought of trying the Anthem at some point - if it sails out of Bayonne. I don't believe that's the case anymore though. 

What do you mean?  That they may start running some of these things once it returns to New Jersey?  Not complaining if not, as just happy to get on a ship and they still have a lot of fun things running, but would be bonus if any of the above started up again as well.

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

What do you mean?  That they may start running some of these things once it returns to New Jersey? 

My comment has nothing to do with anything that either takes place or doesn't aboard ship. Rather , it was just a general comment that I've never sailed on her and probably will if it comes into Bayonne again at some point. 

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

My comment has nothing to do with anything that either takes place or doesn't aboard ship. Rather , it was just a general comment that I've never sailed on her and probably will if it comes into Bayonne again at some point. 

Ah ok...Anthem is returning to US in November until Spring

• Like 1

I have seen CATS a couple of times on Oasis.  I am cruising on her again Oct 17 so I don't have to spend time watching again.  I am sure we can find something else to do.  I do enjoy almost all shows but "been there done that".

We have been on

the Independence for the past few weeks. No dance classes of any kind currently on Independence of the Seas. I asked Cory the Cruise Director and

he said CDC only allows line dancing classes…but he has not put any on the schedule for the last few weeks.  I asked him about any activities on the pool deck..like line dancing and he said “its too hot for that!”  Corey, do you not realize you are on a Carribean cruise?   It’s gonna be hot, hot , hot!  A few passengers eventually started their own line dance “lessons”. Very disappointing!  There are some

great musicians on the ship. 
And  if  you like trivia,  you can find it ALL DAY!

6 hours ago, vjmatty said:

You never know….I’m sure one or two people enjoy Cats as well. 

Actually many did several days ago. They changed how it runs (shorter version) and it’s more watchable. Actors are incredibly talented.

I didn’t quite understand The Gift. Watched two times.

• Like 1