Anthem Restaurants

Having come off Anthem a few weeks ago we were REALLy impressed with all the speciality dining. We have eaten in all of them over the years (on many different ships) and have found some to be good, some to be average but on Anthem they were all excellent. If I could just choose one then it would probably be Chops - ate there twice on 6 nighter and both meals were amazing.

8 hours ago, randybutternubs said:

That looks great- do you think it'd be worth going alone though?  With a group you can try so many items but as a lone diner it's just too much food (not to mention all the other starters they have)

Whilst I have dined there as a solo, I definitely think you get a better experience with a large group. I think we were 7 and ordered almost every dish! The burrata and the lamb chops are the best 😋 

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Jamie's for LUNCH.  was great, not crowded and food was good. I did it in November 2021

Don't order the Eggplant Parmesan if you like it prepared the traditional way. Jamie does not bread the eggplant before cooking it which traditionally is pan fried. It was more of a mushy mess and he ruined on of my favorite Italian dishes.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, coffeebean said:

Don't order the Eggplant Parmesan if you like it prepared the traditional way. Jamie does not bread the eggplant before cooking it which traditionally is pan fried. It was more of a mushy mess and he ruined on of my favorite Italian dishes.

ok good to know.  I also think he uses odd spices on some of his italian dishes.  i like traditional garlic and oregano.   

Chef's Table.

I noticed this tasting menu had everything you would/could get at the other specialty restaurants. 

Having had dining package on Anthem and also doing Chef's Table on Anthem.

100% next time will only do Chef's table, and skip the dining package on Anthem.

Anthem's choice of specialty restaurants is lacking to justify the price of dining package(s)

-Izumi - no teppenyaki and does not have all the rolls available as on other ships

-Jamie's Italian , the worst of the 2 Italian offering from RCI , Giovanni's is 100% better

-Chop's - Chef's table Filet way better than anything on Chop's steak menu, and I am a huge Chop's fan specifically the RibEye.

-Wonderland , while a cool experience, it's a restaurant you only do once for the uniqueness of it. Food while interesting not everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by alexgtp