What is one thing you wish Carnival did differently?

talkorpi

On 11/22/2021 at 3:57 AM, CoasterGuy said:

I was on Mardi Gras at halloween. Room service was a charge per item, no matter the time of day. no more free room service during the daytime and early evening hours. 

There is no service charge for using room service, but nothing on the room service menu is free anymore, regardless of time of day. 

Here is the link to the the room service menu from the Carnival website.  (click on "Menu 24 hour") On the left side are the "on the house" items, the right side the pay for items.   https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

Edited by Bevv
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2021 at 4:57 AM, CoasterGuy said:

I was on Mardi Gras at halloween. Room service was a charge per item, no matter the time of day. no more free room service during the daytime and early evening hours. 

There is no service charge for using room service, but nothing on the room service menu is free anymore, regardless of time of day. 

Not true I was on the Mardi Gras also on Halloween, for breakfast the same things that have always been free are still free(Danish's, croissants, bagels, cereal etc, along with coffee etc)  then we got tuna sandwiches with cookies for free later in the day, with did this almost daily

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bevv said:

Here is the link to the the room service menu from the Carnival website.  (click on "Menu 24 hour") On the left side are the "on the house" items, the right side the pay for items.   https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

no menu at this link, just a general info paragraph that CCL offers 24 hour room service with some free items available

1 hour ago, Bgcruising said:

I wish they would make platinum 300 days and diamond 500 days. No grandfathering and no catering to whiners. Well, without whiners I guess the ships would he empty.

Seeing as how the only perk to being platinum or diamond now is being automatically entered in a scavenger hunt for bottles of water and plastic luggage tags I don't see the purpose of doing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i wish there was a beverage package that was more than just soda, but not quite cheers. one that included the milkshakes and coffee. 

and a level between platinum and diamond

get rid of the chair hogs

and while i have never cruised solo, if you do and have to pay the surcharge, you should get double the points since you are paying for them

• Like 3

18 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

no menu at this link, just a general info paragraph that CCL offers 24 hour room service with some free items available

Well, Im glad that the earlier comment was mistaken.   BTW, it’s been awhile since we’ve cruised.  How do you order room service (not breakfast)?  Do you call? 

If I remember correctly, for room service breakfast, you hang your order on your door knob.   But how do you order at other times?

Edited by BamaMomRollTide

17 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Covid had a greater impact in the non-revenue generating areas.

Companies have learned to manage Covid [and profits] by eliminating burdensome yet non-revenue generating perks and features to their offerings.

- FTFY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

Well, Im glad that the earlier comment was mistaken.   BTW, it’s been awhile since we’ve cruised.  How do you order room service (not breakfast)?  Do you call? 

If I remember correctly, for room service breakfast, you hang your order on your door knob.   But how do you order at other times?

You call. There is not a room service menu in the room for 24 hour room service.  To get the menu you had to scan the QR code in the room that said room service then call to have the food delivered.  In comparison to the past there were a lot fewer dishes in the hallway. I assumed that most people did not know the new process and did not order because of that.

• Like 1

I wish they would put papertowels in the bathrooms. The electric hand driers don't work very well and spread germs. Just off a Mardi Gras cruise and noticed many men not washing their hands, it might be because of the Hand Driers.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 3:05 PM, FTLCruiseGal said:

more enforcement on chair hogs.  Recently cruised and a bed in Serenity was left unattended from 7AM to 3PM, when the people returned from a shore excursion (heard them talking all about it when they returned).

That is the height of rudeness.

We usually don't have a problem getting a clamshell or bed on Serenity because we get up and occupy one by around 8 a.m., but if I needed one and saw one sitting empty for an hour and a half or so,  I would take their stuff off of the bed, fold it up neatly and set it aside, and if they came back while I was still there and claim I "stole" it,  say "I have no idea what you are talking about".  

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The four flights I took on American ( 7/19 & 6/20) consisted of being handed a bag with an 8 oz bottle of water and a bag of pretzels or peanuts.  No soda and definitely no alcohol available.

My flights on American we got pretzels and a can of soda.  Alcohol not served except in first class.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, BamaMomRollTide said:

Are you seeing varying Indian dishes in MDR?  Ive only seen the same Indian meal offering every night.  You would think they could vary it each night.  I would love Palak Paneer being an offered side dish.  

I have not. Always is the same to my knowledge although others have said that you can request meat versions a night before you want it…