What's Your Cruise Drink?

Not necessarily  my "cruise drink" - which tends to be many across a wide variety - but the first drink is usually tropical, like a coconut mojito.

Or whatever the Drink of the Day/Sailaway special is.

• Like 1

Mudslide

Guavarita

BBC

Melon Mojito

Boston Ice Tea

Tokyo Ice Tea

Miami Vice

Painkiller

Pineaple-Guava Sangria

and if the bar doesn't have a blender, a simple Drambuie or Midori on the rocks will do...or Hennessy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Lava flow is always my first drink. Well except on carnival they don't know what it is/can't make it. But it's first on royal, ncl, and msc.

Are Lava Flow's on Royal and Miami Vice on Carnival similar?

On Royal my first drink is usually a frozen mojito. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

Are Lava Flow's on Royal and Miami Vice on Carnival similar?

On Royal my first drink is usually a frozen mojito. 

A lava flow (anywhere that does it right) is a Pina colada with strawberry syrup. 

A Miami vice is half Pina colada half strawberry daiquiri. 

Similar, but a daiquiri has lime in it - so a lava flow is missing the lime. Also I think because the Miami vice is frozen it doesn't have a strong of a strawberry flavor as a lava flow, but maybe that's just the lime making it not as strong? 

On carnival best I could tell was they only had strawberry daiquiri syrup and not just strawberry syrup so their lava flow was just a Miami vice heavy on the Pina colada because they just added strawberry daiquiri syrup instead of frozen strawberry daiquiri. It was not a lava flow and I never ordered it again for the rest of the cruise. To be fair the bartender said she could make me something close to a lava flow not a lava flow.

BTW there are some places/bartenders that think they're they same, but they're just making a Miami vice and calling it was lava flow. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Lava flow is always my first drink. Well except on carnival they don't know what it is/can't make it. But it's first on royal, ncl, and msc.

Same here. ❤️ I love Lava Flows and look forward to each cruise when I can drink them. I have only been on one Carnival Cruise and despite me explaining what one was, they didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t make one properly. 

They taste sooo good and as a bonus they are pretty to look at.