Mask Mandate starting 12/18

pilgrimage

Looks like the masks are going on starting tomorrow, just received an update email with this:

FACE MASK REQUIREMENTS

In order to provide the highest level of health and safety during your voyage, as of December 18th, 2021 all Oceania Cruises vessels have implemented a mandatory masking policy for all guests onboard with the following exceptions:

• While indoors unless actively eating/drinking or seated at a table in a dining setting.
  • While outdoors in crowded settings when physical distancing cannot be achieved.

Please be advised that this is a zero-tolerance policy and violators will be disembarked from the vessel for non-compliance.

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Amazing that Oceania would not proof read this email, since it is  an important topic.  I do not think they meant to say that you did not need to wear a facemask when you are in a crowd outdoors.  

That was my thought exactly when I read (and re-read) it. It's the opposite of what they probably meant to say. It does not inspire confidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Amazing that Oceania would not proof read this email, since it is  an important topic.  I do not think they meant to say that you did not need to wear a facemask when you are in a crowd outdoors.  

I think that is what their policy is. Omicron doesn’t care where you are - being ultra transmissible it can overcome barrier Delta couldn’t. 

7 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I agree, this sounds like you will have  a horrible experience. You should just cancel immediately. 

but  what would she have to complain about

this goes on all the time with her LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

About 12 hours ago, O's SailSAFE page had been updated to yesterday's date, the 17th. The couple of changes that stood out were "pier-side testing" mandatory for all pax. No mention of the afore required testing 2 days prior to embarking. And mandatory masks for all, with exceptions for eating, drinking, and when distancing is possible outside. Today, within the last half hour, the page has reverted to the Dec. 9th update, eliminating pre-boarding, "pier-side" or terminal testing and requiring all pax be tested 2 days prior for cruises after Jan. 17th. Masks are again, not mandatory, except for local jurisdiction requirements. What are we to make of it? O quickly deciding they were perhaps being a bit too aggressive and premature? Some other explanation? Your thoughts? And for the record, we're still looking forward to our Riviera, March 18th transatlantic and will follow any protocols in place at that time, understanding and accepting that travel, of any sort, IMHO, will never be the same as it once was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

If so…nuts!  See my #4 post above.

But it could be a computer memory cache issue.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf  Shows as the 17Dec2021 info.

Oh boy, now I think I'm really confused! Of course, we're expecting many changes between now and March, so stay tuned.

18 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

@jazznruby

If so…nuts!  See my # 6 post above.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf  Shows as the 17Dec2021 info.

Oceania could be making corrections to the wording that was discussed above.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

Oh boy, now I think I'm really confused! Of course, we're expecting many changes between now and March, so stay tuned.

Wonder if they realized the editing error on the mask policy and reverted back to Dec.9.  Plus the stern warning about getting kicked off the ship seemed a little over the top(well a lot over the top).   NCL's webpage didn't mention that at all and had an end date.  Oceania didn't have an end date.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I did not receive this so I am checking with Bob to see if this is real..it would seem to me it would have gone to everyone..

Jancruz1

Thanks for checking.  Two versions of sail safe FAQ's are on the website:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf

and

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v22.pdf

The later is what's currently linked from Oceania's webpage.

Edited by davencl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Saw a wonderful bumper sticker this week that reads:

Birds aren’t Real.

Birds can’t Fly.

This is true, they're drones, all the real birds died in the 70s. 

On another subject, I switched to Edge, usually use Chrome. I can post now and haven't been able to in the last few hours.  Go figure. I prefer Chrome. 

Edited by ORV

31 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

@jazznruby

If so…nuts!  See my # 6 post above.

Just cleared my Chrome cache. Same O page dated Dec. 9th.

sounds like they are working on the O site  as they usually do on weekends..

The CC site has been flaky for months ..they are aware of it 

Sometimes I can post  as normal sometimes have to log  & back in to post

19 minutes ago, davencl said:

Thanks for checking.  Two versions of sail safe FAQ's are on the website:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v23.pdf

and

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v22.pdf

The later is what's currently linked from Oceania's webpage.

Version 22 has the Dec09 date and has the paragraph.."For voyages departing after Jan 17, 2022

Version 23 has the Dec17 date but uses: PRE-EMBARKATION TESTING and additional language. 

Major changes to subsequent pages as well. Print both and compare

"Fire, Ready, Aim!"