When Covid isn’t a problem

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Live in Descent size City but most our Banks and CU are now Community Size Branches, have even taken out all the Drive Thru's they had. Guess they might have some $2 in Vault to go retrieve as they dont even have Cash Drawers anymore. Cashier uses a Machine to spit out exact cash to give us. 

Same here.  But like I’ve said I’ve never had issues finding some.  The boa I go to still use a drawer and a machine. 
some tellers have 2’s in their drawer and if not they usually have brand new ones in the vault.   I can remember a time when they didn’t have any.   Only that they were too busy to go to the vault. Which I just come back another time. 
thsts why I get them in stacks of 100 now.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Apparently some people in here don’t like the idea of giving 2.00 bills as tips on cruise ships.   
Ive been giving them for years where ever I go.  When I got to eat somewhere I’ll always give a 2.00 bill to a server for good service. Always on top of the regular 20%.   Story is they are good luck. And some people love to get them and collect them.   

It's not about liking them. It's about giving them to crew who don't readily recognize them and a lot of people have reported that trying to use them when buying something in the islands can be difficult.  I guarantee if you ask most 20 year olds they won't even know that $2 bills exist.  This also applies to the dollar coins.

Also, some who use the $2 bills or the dollar coins do so because they think it makes them "different" aka special in that they're remembered lol.  

As long as there's a site called "Cruise Critic" there will be differences of opinions and you know what?  That's okay.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

This is a lost cause since they can't seem to control the elevators during a pandemic.

We take the stairs.  We do check the elevator banks as we pass by or from the staircase and have noticed very few people.  It’ll get better w/ the mass cancellations for a while as well.

Just now, bucfan2 said:

We take the stairs.  We do check the elevator banks as we pass by or from the staircase and have noticed very few people.  It’ll get better w/ the mass cancellations for a while as well.

I won't book a deck above deck 8. We spend more time on the lower decks in the evening than we do on the upper decks during the day. I have no patients to wait for an elevator during peak hours.

11 hours ago, BND said:

It's not about liking them. It's about giving them to crew who don't readily recognize them and a lot of people have reported that trying to use them when buying something in the islands can be difficult.  I guarantee if you ask most 20 year olds they won't even know that $2 bills exist.  This also applies to the dollar coins.

Also, some who use the $2 bills or the dollar coins do so because they think it makes them "different" aka special in that they're remembered lol.  

As long as there's a site called "Cruise Critic" there will be differences of opinions and you know what?  That's okay.

How about the gold colored dollar coins?

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

That was my strategy before knee surgery. I'm pretty limited on stairs right now, and the elevator situation was one of the few negatives on our 11/28 cruise.

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

We used to, but I had a knee injury and ankle break in 2019.  Ankle healed completely.  Knee is a gradual process.  I can do 2-3 floors but that's about it.  Still getting better, but elevators are easier for me.  Still, I do take stairs as much as I can.  Forward progress.  Not everyone can say that though.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, klfrodo said:

I’m still going to wear my ball cap on formal night in the MDR 🤣

I am wearing flip flops. But they are Christian Louboutin Loubi flip flops that cost $350, so that makes them special and not part of the rules so I can wear them.

Nordstrom - Christian Louboutin Loubi Flip Flop, Size 8Us in Black at

(Does anyone really pay $350 for rubber shoes that you can't tell apart from the $8 ones at Target?)

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

I am wearing flip flops. But they are Christian Louboutin Loubi flip flops that cost $350, so that makes them special and not part of the rules so I can wear them.

Nordstrom - Christian Louboutin Loubi Flip Flop, Size 8Us in Black at

(Does anyone really pay $350 for rubber shoes that you can't tell apart from the $8 ones at Target?)

Or the $1.00 ones at Dollar Tree? Oops $1.25 now I think. 

• Like 1