Sailings cancelled

jdg623

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I can understand Jewel and Symphony as they continue to have issues with crew, etc. but I am surprised to see Serenade on the list.    Serenade seemed to be rather quite.

Early drydock🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I can understand Jewel and Symphony as they continue to have issues with crew, etc. but I am surprised to see Serenade on the list.    Serenade seemed to be rather quite.

Crew to help other shops and potentially another ship for infected crew to quarantine. 

OB, on my computer here in my office, there is a video playing of me and others riding the FlowRider less than a month ago on the Allure.  I am wishing I was there even standing in line waiting my turn.  

I am thinking of shifting my October cruises to 2023, and I am thinking of booking the Adventure out of Galveston, going 13 nights to Cape Liberty at the end of April.  If the cruise was ending anywhere else I would probably already have booked it.   😂

We are all going to get Covid eventually, I am tripled vaxed and I have no illusion about it.  

• Like 5

I am guessing that one goal of these cancellations is to move crew from the cancelled cruises to the remaining ships so that they can continue sailing with a full complement.  There are clearly not enough healthy trained bodies to staff all of the ships.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

OB, on my computer here in my office, there is a video playing of me and others riding the FlowRider less than a month ago on the Allure.  I am wishing I was there even standing in line waiting my turn.  

I am thinking of shifting my October cruises to 2023, and I am thinking of booking the Adventure out of Galveston, going 13 nights to Cape Liberty at the end of April.  If the cruise was ending anywhere else I would probably already have booked it.   😂

We are all going to get Covid eventually, I am tripled vaxed and I have no illusion about it.  

Get on Explorer Ta. April '23 Have to phone for a price but it's cheap. 15 nights. It's on the sea scanning site

• Like 1

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

I am guessing that one goal of these cancellations is to move crew from the cancelled cruises to the remaining ships so that they can continue sailing with a full complement.  There are clearly not enough healthy trained bodies to staff all of the ships.

No doubt, plus from reading here it seems like the Symphony just needs to isolate itself, and let the omicron run its course.

jc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigeck said:

Get on Explorer Ta. April '23 Have to phone for a price but it's cheap. 15 nights. It's on the sea scanning site

I like that plan, but I need to do a port intensive sailing for FlowRider Widow.  I can’t just do fun sailings.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigeck said:

On the upside, I am flying to Palm Springs (if covid allows) on Sunday the 16th and I have 3 rounds of golf planned, and hiking at Joshua Tree.  

• Like 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

I like that plan, but I need to do a port intensive sailing for FlowRider Widow.  I can’t just do fun sailings.  😂

6 ports then finishes in Rome. She would like shopping in Rome

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

My head is spinning. I am rarely this indecisive about anything. I have a really good price on both the cruise and flights, really like my cabin location, and I need some warmth after digging out the house, my parent's house, and the office from this snow today. But the right and left side of my brain are having a battle.😐

I was in the same situation last week.  Booked on a Princess ship (first time in six years) for January 9.  Cruising, canceling, cruising, canceling….    It would have been even more difficult if we lived up north and hadn’t cruised in a while.  But living in Florida, being retired, and having cruised several times already since the restart made the difference.  Ultimately decided that it wasn’t worth the chance of floating for a week with no or limited entertainment and no ports.  Covid didn’t really enter into the decision, other than hoping we wouldn’t be in close contact with someone who tested positive and be sent to our room.  I felt a sense of relief after we rebooked for May 28, but still some regret.  Hoping I don’t spend next week thinking about what we could have been doing.  And now I have FOMO at the thought of Princess canceling the cruise tomorrow with FCC bonuses.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

On the upside, I am flying to Palm Springs (if covid allows) on Sunday the 16th and I have 3 rounds of golf planned, and hiking at Joshua Tree.  

Now that sounds good. Freezing cold and snow here. Clubs are in the garage.

Ex itinerary 

Sun 23/04/23

Miami (FL) / USA

16:00

Mon 24/04/23

At Sea

Tue 25/04/23

At Sea

Wed 26/04/23

At Sea

Thu 27/04/23

At Sea

Fri 28/04/23

At Sea

Sat 29/04/23

At Sea

Sun 30/04/23

At Sea

Mon 01/05/23

At Sea

Tue 02/05/23

Malaga / Spain

08:00

18:00

Wed 03/05/23

Cartagena / Spain

Thu 04/05/23

Palma de Majorca / Spain

07:00

17:00

Fri 05/05/23

Marseilles / France

09:00

Sat 06/05/23

Villefranche (Nice)* / France

Sun 07/05/23

Ajaccio (Corsica)* / France

Mon 08/05/23

Civitavecchia (Rome) / Italy

05:00

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

My sister and her family are on Odyssey on Sunday for 6 nights then are supposed to transfer on to Symphony for a 2nd week. They're all flying in to Florjda from the UK tomorrow morning. They haven't heard anything. If they go on Odyssey as planned will Guest Services help them with an alternative cruise for the following week? Their flights home are paid for for 24th January.

If there is space, I think cruise next team should be able to book a B2B cruise right there on the ship.  This will depend on space.  Also the refund for the canceled cruise won’t be applied instantly.  They would have to wait for the refund separately.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

6 ports then finishes in Rome. She would like shopping in Rome

Yes, but Italy sounds crazier than here with covid.  That is why I am thinking of moving my 2022 sailings to 2023 or 2024 or someday!

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your second sentence is almost certainly the reason for these cancellations.

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

No doubt, plus from reading here it seems like the Symphony just needs to isolate itself, and let the omicron run its course.

jc

Same could be said of Harmony based on posts earlier

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, but Italy sounds crazier than here with covid.  That is why I am thinking of moving my 2022 sailings to 2023 or 2024 or someday!

It is 2023. We will be fine by then. Italy isn't as bad as France