Sailings cancelled

jdg623

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No limit 

My son transferred his and daughter FCCs to me to apply to my September 3 Allure sail.  Still not applied.  Will call Monday.  Hope they did not give him some B/S.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My son transferred his and daughter FCCs to me to apply to my September 3 Allure sail.  Still not applied.  Will call Monday.  Hope they did not give him some B/S.

Fcc's do not actually get transferred.  They remain in the original guests name and are notated that they can be used by another individual.  The named person must then call in with the original guests name and FCC number and apply them to their sailing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Just got a message from our TA about our Feb 25 Vision sailing. So disappointed. We've rescheduled our TP Hawaii to Vancouver cruise probably 5 times by now. We took the 125% FCC way back then and are starting to regret it now. Time off work already approved, so maybe we can juggle some things and still go on vacation around the same time, just not cruise.

Those that are on cancelled cruises, will you take the FCC (again for a lot of us by the sounds of it), or take the refund?

If offered full refund - take it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Rightly so. Many of those people are probably already in transit to the port area or very soon to be. 

We are headed to the port.  If Harmony cancels before Sunday sailing we will enjoy Florida for the week.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Something about Celebrity has different policies as I recall

that was a few days ago and I wouldn't call that chastising............I just questioned why he answered a question about Celebrity cancellation policy when he said he didn't know what their policy was. No answer would have been better then tell the person to call Celebrity, or the person could have just waited for another member to answer about the Celebrity cancel policy. Didn't see the point of his answer.

Then I was accused why I posted on the thread, I simply said what I would do for the OP if he wanted out of an Allure of The Seas sailing.

2 hours ago, coaster said:

No quaddople points for us.... I was likely to cancel Jewel sailing in 3 weeks anyway.

Good thing you didn’t. The 100 percent refund plus 100 percent cruise voucher only applies to those who didn’t already cancel with Cruise with Confidence. 

2 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Good thing you didn’t. The 100 percent refund plus 100 percent cruise voucher only applies to those who didn’t already cancel with Cruise with Confidence. 

Isn't that just for the 2 sailings, on the 8th and 9th on those two ships.............not all the cancellations that were posted, maybe I read it wrong?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

The FCC's that will be issued for the Jewel, can I use them on a cruise I already have booked or does it need to be a new booking?

Thanks

You may use them on a booking you already have.  If the FCC is more than the amount due, they will issue you a new FCC for the remainder, that can be applied to another cruise.  I have multiple FCCs used over multiple cruises, and need a spreadsheet to keep track!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Isn't that just for the 2 sailings, on the 8th and 9th on those two ships.............not all the cancellations that were posted, maybe I read it wrong?

Correct, it's just for the sailings where folks would have already started traveling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

Correct, it's just for the sailings where folks would have already started traveling.

This is when it would have been great to have booked one of those high paid suites............Bingo, free cruise !!

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

that was a few days ago and I wouldn't call that chastising............I just questioned why he answered a question about Celebrity cancellation policy when he said he didn't know what their policy was. No answer would have been better then tell the person to call Celebrity, or the person could have just waited for another member to answer about the Celebrity cancel policy. Didn't see the point of his answer.

Then I was accused why I posted on the thread, I simply said what I would do for the OP if he wanted out of an Allure of The Seas sailing.

Just like your answer earlier provided no information 😁

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are headed to the port.  If Harmony cancels before Sunday sailing we will enjoy Florida for the week.

We are discussing that right now.  Fortunately for us, we only live 20 minutes from the port.  

With Symphony being cancelled today for tomorrow's sailing...are we next...cancelling tomorrow for Sunday?  😮 😮 

Still hope to see you on Sunday...🤞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They included Jewel as well I've read

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only a few select ships that most likely have an outbreak among crew on board that they need to control plus a few other ships that they can pull crew from and use as quarantine ships to cover future outbreaks

From what i understand it has to do with crew positivity rate. Anything over 5% and they shut down. Yesterday jewel tested crew, and they are running a 10% crew positivity rate

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We are discussing that right now.  Fortunately for us, we only live 20 minutes from the port.  

With Symphony being cancelled today for tomorrow's sailing...are we next...cancelling tomorrow for Sunday?  😮 😮 

Still hope to see you on Sunday...🤞

What's the morale like onboard? Crew and Passengers? Does it feel like another cruise is upcoming or do things feel like things onboard are about ready to be shut down?

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

It's too late in the day to change things now. It's evening here in the UK and their travel agent is shut. They haven't had anything official about the cancellation, only what they've read here and from the statement just put out by RCI on their website. Their flights are booked from tomorrow morning, before the travel agent opens, and for them to return on Sunday 23rd of March. Their cruise on Sunday on Odyssey is still sailing and if they decide not to go tomorrow they'll most likely lose money. I don't think changing cruise lines or changing to a land based holiday is an option as they would have to pay up front for that and factor in a lot of additional spending money. They also have a young unvaccinated child with them so are limited to certain cruise lines. The whole thing is a worrying mess for them. It's expensive for us in the UK to cruise the Caribbean, mainly because of the flight costs.

They are in a tight spot, then.  Do they have travel insurance?  If so, they could call and ask how the insurance will help as a major component of the vacation has just been canceled (or does it work differently in the UK).

• Thanks 1