Grand World Voyages October 2023 and January 2024

I just checked my Mariner account and found 2 Grand Voyages.  I put future dams down for initial deposits.

October 10 - December 22,2023 is a Grand Africa RT. Ft. Lauderdale on the Zuiderdam (73 days).

January 3 - April 6, 2024 is called a Grand Asia, Australia RT. San Diego on the Volendam.  It looks like it is more Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, French Polynesia (94 days)

We were hoping for a true Grand Asia fall 2023 and Grand South America January 2024.

There aren't on the HAL website yet.

HAL hasn't contacted us yet for actual deposits.

I put a future dam deposit down for a Grand Voyage through the Grand Voyage department.

The cruises are showing in my Mariner account.  They will get converted to a new reservation number when I make the full deposit but HAL hasn't asked for it yet.  The cruises aren't open for normal bookings yet.  

The title should be Grand Voyages October 2023 and January 2024.

OP - do you have any idea of the itinerary, other than Australia and New Zealand?  We are booked on the January, 2024, WC, but a Grand Asia would be really tempting.  Will look forward to seeing the itinerary.   I am surprised that it is a January departure.  They usually sail around October 1.

I can list the ports for you.

San Diego, Honolulu, Lahaina, Hilo, Tabuaeran (Fanning Island) Pago Pago, Samoa, Suva Fiji, Lautoka Fiji, Port Vila Vanuatu, Noumea New Celedonia, Brisbane Australia, Airlie Beach Queensland, Townsville Australia, Cairns Australia, Darwin Australia, Komodo Island Indonesia, Broome Western Australia, Exmouth Australia, Geraldton Western Australia, Fremantle Australia, Fremantle Australia, Albany Western Australia, Port Lincoln Australia, Penneshaw Kangaroo Island Australia, Adelaide South Australia, Melbourne Australia, Port Arthur Australia, Hobart Tasmania Australia, Sydney Australia, Sydney Australia, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Port Chalmers New Zealand, Akaroa New Zealand, Wellington New Zealand, Napier New Zealand, Tauranga New Zealand, Auckland New Zealand, Auckland New Zealand, Nuku alofa Tonga, Alofi Niue, Rarotonga Cook Islands, Bora Bora French Polynesia, Bahia d Opunoha Moorea French Polynesia, Huahine French Polynesia, Papeete French Polynesia, Papeete French Polynesia, Fakarava Tuamotu French Polynesia, Taiohae Nuku Hiva French Polynesia, San Diego

They call this voyage Grand Asia Australia but the only port I would call Asia is Komodo Island Indonesia.

have a J inside cabin reserved and the pricing is:

$17,999 pp.

$1,775 pp. tax

$19,774 pp. total x 2 = $39,548 total for 2 with no benefits included.

Deposit is due January 23 so I expect that bookings will open up after that.

Hopefully everything is spelled correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

San Diego, Honolulu, Lahaina, Hilo, Tabuaeran (Fanning Island) Pago Pago, Samoa, Suva Fiji, Lautoka Fiji, Port Vila Vanuatu, Noumea New Celedonia, Brisbane Australia, Airlie Beach Queensland, Townsville Australia, Cairns Australia, Darwin Australia, Komodo Island Indonesia, Broome Western Australia, Exmouth Australia, Geraldton Western Australia, Fremantle Australia, Fremantle Australia, Albany Western Australia, Port Lincoln Australia, Penneshaw Kangaroo Island Australia, Adelaide South Australia, Melbourne Australia, Port Arthur Australia, Hobart Tasmania Australia, Sydney Australia, Sydney Australia, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Port Chalmers New Zealand, Akaroa New Zealand, Wellington New Zealand, Napier New Zealand, Tauranga New Zealand, Auckland New Zealand, Auckland New Zealand, Nuku alofa Tonga, Alofi Niue, Rarotonga Cook Islands, Bora Bora French Polynesia, Bahia d Opunoha Moorea French Polynesia, Huahine French Polynesia, Papeete French Polynesia, Papeete French Polynesia, Fakarava Tuamotu French Polynesia, Taiohae Nuku Hiva French Polynesia, San Diego

They call this voyage Grand Asia Australia but the only port I would call Asia is Komodo Island Indonesia.

$17,999 pp.

$1,775 pp. tax

2 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

$17,999 pp.

$1,775 pp. tax

Thanks so much for sending the itinerary.  It is disappointing if one is expecting Asian ports.  We will stick with the WC, which does have Asian ports.   We took the 2018 Grand Asia and loved it, so I was hoping for a repeat.  Perhaps HAL wants to give Asia a little more time settle down from Covid.

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thanks so much for sending the itinerary.  It is disappointing if one is expecting Asian ports.  We will stick with the WC, which does have Asian ports.   We took the 2018 Grand Asia and loved it, so I was hoping for a repeat.  Perhaps HAL wants to give Asia a little more time settle down from Covid.

If HAL now considers Asia  off limits in Spring of 2024 I imagine the World Cruise's stops there are doomed, since they are in the same time period.  I hope that's not the case, since I am booked on that World Cruise as well.

Thank you for the heads up. Tried to book with TA and she couldn't but booked direct with the world desk and will transfer to her next week. Yes the deposit is due next week. You are correct that this really isn't much of an Asia cruise as it is an Australian/New Zealand/South Pacific cruise. So now the decision is whether to keep the 24 World cruise or do this one. 

The ports for the Oct. 10 - Dec. 22, 2023 Grand Africa

Fort Lauderdale, Funchal Portugal, Arrecife Canary Islands, Agadir Morocco, Casablanca Morocco, La Goulette Tunesia, Souda Greece, Limassol Cyprus, Suez Canal, Sharm el Sheikh Egypt, Aqaba Jordan, Aqaba Jordan, Safaga Egypt, Victoria Mahe Seychelles, Victoria Mahe Seychelles, Zanzibar Tanzania, Zanzibar Tanzania, Mamoudzou Mayotte, Andoany Nosy-Be Madgascar, Maputo Mozambique, Richards Bay South Africa, Cape Town South Africa, Cape Town South Africa, Luderitz Namibia, Walvis Bay Namibia, Luand Angola, Takoradi, Ghana, Abidjan Ivory Coast, Banjul Gambia, Dakar Senegal, Mindelo Cape Verde, San Juan Puerto Rico, Fort Lauderdale.

J inside cabin

$13299 pp.

$1185 tax pp.

$14,484 pp x 2 = $28,968

20 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

$17,999 pp.

$1,775 pp. tax

Yikes, I hope you were able to copy and paste those ports!

• Like 1

If you look at your booking info for this, you should see a "voyage number" on it.  If you do find that, would you post it here for the Asia/Australia one you are talking about?  We may be able to find it on the website using that number.  BTW, that number has nothing to with your booking, it's just an ID number for the cruise.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

The ports for the Oct. 10 - Dec. 22, 2023 Grand Africa

Fort Lauderdale, Funchal Portugal, Arrecife Canary Islands, Agadir Morocco, Casablanca Morocco, La Goulette Tunesia, Souda Greece, Limassol Cyprus, Suez Canal, Sharm el Sheikh Egypt, Aqaba Jordan, Aqaba Jordan, Safaga Egypt, Victoria Mahe Seychelles, Victoria Mahe Seychelles, Zanzibar Tanzania, Zanzibar Tanzania, Mamoudzou Mayotte, Andoany Nosy-Be Madgascar, Maputo Mozambique, Richards Bay South Africa, Cape Town South Africa, Cape Town South Africa, Luderitz Namibia, Walvis Bay Namibia, Luand Angola, Takoradi, Ghana, Abidjan Ivory Coast, Banjul Gambia, Dakar Senegal, Mindelo Cape Verde, San Juan Puerto Rico, Fort Lauderdale.

J inside cabin

$13299 pp.

$1185 tax pp.

$14,484 pp x 2 = $28,968

Thank you!  I will be a solo, so that's probably $30,000 just for the cruise.  I have to think about this.

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Me too!  Especially because our first canceled cruise in 2020 due to Covid was to have been to Australia (the hard way, with long flights).  

Happy to hear you were able to book.  I called HAL World/Grand cruise desk yesterday and they couldn’t help me—even though I have a future dam for the Fall 2023 Grand cruise— they would not transfer to Jan 2024 Grand and told me to check back when open to the general public. Any helpful hints on your booking procedure would be appreciated.  I, too, love this itinerary!  Thank you, Karen

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We just pre-booked the Grand Asia!  Thanks OP 🙂 

How are they calling this a Grand Asia?  It's more like a grand australia/new zealand.  

I had a credit in for a 2023 Grand Asia but my booking was converted to the Grand Africa itinerary above.  I have no idea why.  We're not interested in it so we won't be following through with a booking.  I wish they would do a real Grand Asia, I was so sorry I missed the last one.

2 hours ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Happy to hear you were able to book.  I called HAL World/Grand cruise desk yesterday and they couldn’t help me—even though I have a future dam for the Fall 2023 Grand cruise— they would not transfer to Jan 2024 Grand and told me to check back when open to the general public. Any helpful hints on your booking procedure would be appreciated.  I, too, love this itinerary!  Thank you, Karen

We've been going back and forth with our PCC most of the day with emails and phone calls.  In a nutshell, I thought we were pre-booked because he told us he would take care of it.  Then a short while later he came back and said that he had confirmed that marketing hasn't opened the pre-book opportunity yet and it won't be opened today or over the weekend.  He will check daily for us and contact us asap when it does. I don't know how the OP was able to do it...

20 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

How are they calling this a Grand Asia?  It's more like a grand australia/new zealand.  

I had a credit in for a 2023 Grand Asia but my booking was converted to the Grand Africa itinerary above.  I have no idea why.  We're not interested in it so we won't be following through with a booking.  I wish they would do a real Grand Asia, I was so sorry I missed the last one.

Personally that's why I like it.  We aren't interested in Asia, but we are interested in this itinerary with Australia and New Zealand. 🙂  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

I was not aware that there was a 2023 Grand Asia.  Had it been published on HAL's website?  I have been waiting for another Grand Asia, having taken the 2018 one.  IMHO, publishing this cruise as a Grand Asia is highly misleading.  One Asian port does not constitute a "Grand Asia" or even a non-Grand Asia. We will stick with the 2024 WC, which does have many Asian ports.