Grand World Voyages October 2023 and January 2024

16 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We've been going back and forth with our PCC most of the day with emails and phone calls.  In a nutshell, I thought we were pre-booked because he told us he would take care of it.  Then a short while later he came back and said that he had confirmed that marketing hasn't opened the pre-book opportunity yet and it won't be opened today or over the weekend.  He will check daily for us and contact us asap when it does. I don't know how the OP was able to do it...

Personally that's why I like it.  We aren't interested in Asia, but we are interested in this itinerary with Australia and New Zealand. 🙂  

Thank you for your update, Cruising-along.  I will keep checking back.  I totally agree with your interest in Australia and New Zealand— and an added plus for me is the inclusion of French Polynesia (my favorite destination)! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I was not aware that there was a 2023 Grand Asia.  Had it been published on HAL's website?  I have been waiting for another Grand Asia, having taken the 2018 one.  IMHO, publishing this cruise as a Grand Asia is highly misleading.  One Asian port does not constitute a "Grand Asia" or even a non-Grand Asia. We will stick with the 2024 WC, which does have many Asian ports.  

No it was never listed just 'promised as a possibility' along with a grand africa one.  I just put $100 pp down in case they actually did a real grand asia.  

We had a future dam deposit for a Grand South America 2024 but it’s now showing on our account as this Grand Australia itinerary. I had requested a balcony at the time and they had me choose categories that are on compass dams. So I chose VB. I had assumed a GSA would be Volendam and asked for a CA cabin, but that wasn’t allowed. 

Anyhow. So now I have an actual booking number and it’s this Volendam cruise and shows a category A cabin on deck 6. I opened up the “Make a payment” to find out what they are charging. This midship Vista Suite is over $104K USD for two.  Holy smokes! That’s more than our Signature Suite for the 2023 GWV. 

30 minutes ago, trk_koa said:

We had a future dam deposit for a Grand South America 2024 but it’s now showing on our account as this Grand Australia itinerary. I had requested a balcony at the time and they had me choose categories that are on compass dams. So I chose VB. I had assumed a GSA would be Volendam and asked for a CA cabin, but that wasn’t allowed. 

Anyhow. So now I have an actual booking number and it’s this Volendam cruise and shows a category A cabin on deck 6. I opened up the “Make a payment” to find out what they are charging. This midship Vista Suite is over $104K USD for two.  Holy smokes! That’s more than our Signature Suite for the 2023 GWV. 

That’s interesting. My TA was able to do a pre-booking for me last week, and I had a reservation number, total dollar amount, a cabin number, and dining confirmation. Then HAL called her yesterday and said that the booking was made in error and that they had to cancel it. They told my TA that no bookings would happen until the cruise opened for booking in early February, and that they weren’t accepting “Futuredam” requests for this sailing. 

Sigh.  

3 minutes ago, carolyn22 said:

That’s interesting. My TA was able to do a pre-booking for me last week, and I had a reservation number, total dollar amount, a cabin number, and dining confirmation. Then HAL called her yesterday and said that the booking was made in error and that they had to cancel it. They told my TA that no bookings would happen until the cruise opened for booking in early February, and that they weren’t accepting “Futuredam” requests for this sailing. 

Sigh.  

Yes, interesting.  Our PCC said that he can't even see what the cost is until the bookings open up (most likely Feb. 1).  Do you mind telling us the category cabin you had booked and the cost?  I'd like some idea of costs lol.

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, interesting.  Our PCC said that he can't even see what the cost is until the bookings open up (most likely Feb. 1).  Do you mind telling us the category cabin you had booked and the cost?  I'd like some idea of costs lol.

It was a category E outside cabin. Price was almost $39,000 (includes port fees and taxes) but I am traveling solo so I’m not sure how the single supplement affected that price. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, carolyn22 said:

Sigh.  

Got the same answer from the HAL World/Grand reservations desk… spoke with two different people today.  It’ll be interesting to see the price point compared to the 2023 Grand South America. If it’s as trk_koa indicates…YIKES$$$$$!!!!! 

4 hours ago, trk_koa said:

Can you look at the paperwork and tell me what the voyage # is?  I've attached a picture of one of our bookings with a red arrow pointing to where that voyage # is. 

Thanks,

Linda R.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 10.49.50 PM.png

I don’t have any paperwork. It’s just showing up as a booking under my account on the website. I found the cost by choosing “Make a payment”. I don’t see a voyage number there. 

Where on the website would the voyage number be?

1 hour ago, trk_koa said:

I don’t have any paperwork. It’s just showing up as a booking under my account on the website. I found the cost by choosing “Make a payment”. I don’t see a voyage number there. 

Where on the website would the voyage number be?

Did you get a confirmation email? The voyage number would be listed in that document in the cruise details.

5 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Did you get a confirmation email? The voyage number would be listed in that document in the cruise details.

No email. It just showed up in my account replacing the future dam. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vinonme2 said:

If the cruise is not listed anywhere and Hal will not accept a reservation, what is the value of the voyage number?

@trk_koa

If HAL isn't accepting reservations, then the voyage most likely wouldn't show up.  But, I was able to find a cruise once that wasn't "searchable" by using the voyage #.

Edited by cruzingnut
  • Like 2

Exciting news— spoke with the world cruise/grand voyages desk.  It is their understanding this will be live on the HAL site this evening and reservations open at 7 AM Pacific time tomorrow.  It’s a great itinerary!  They are calling it: 94-Day Grand Australia & New Zealand Voyage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Exciting news— spoke with the world cruise/grand voyages desk.  It is their understanding this will be live on the HAL site this evening and reservations open at 7 AM Pacific time tomorrow.  It’s a great itinerary!  They are calling it: 94-Day Grand Australia & New Zealand Voyage. 

I can't wait to see the itinerary for that!!  Sounds exciting!

Linda R.

3 minutes ago, travelers07 said:

Thanks. I keep refreshing but not online. But I will call when they open. This is exactly the cruise I was hoping for- love NZ and Australia but hate the long flights.

When I looked earlier this morning it was not on Hal's website, nor on several travel agency websites.

Other than R/T, two segments are also being offered. 

I totally agree with you, that long flight is miserable. First time I flew to NZ it was 38 hours from my house till I landed in Auckland - backed up airports, missed flights, rerouted, etc. When I flew back home it took me days to adjust to the time.