Grand World Voyages October 2023 and January 2024

I am all booked!  Wow it is pricey, especially for a single.  But will I ever get the chance to do it again?  Who knows.  The person at the World Desk was wonderful and so helpful.  It was the first reservation on this cruise that he had booked so he had to hunt a bit for all the options but he was great.  He said it was supposed to be posted on the website today but he did not see it yet. 

Apparently I made an impression when I booked the World Cruise 2023 because he said he remembered me.  And it was about a couple of my quirky things so I believe he really did.  I am sure travel agents are great too, but I have always had good luck booking direct with HAL and keeping the reservation with them.  Guess I am a bit of a control freak but works for me.  And over the years we have had several offers for paid upgrades which we could respond to quickly.  Took some but not others but at least we had the choice.

I am so excited- but 2 years away.  At least I have several other cruises booked- hoping the world gets simpler and safer soon.

Sue

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, travelers07 said:

I am all booked!  Wow it is pricey, especially for a single.  But will I ever get the chance to do it again?  Who knows.  The person at the World Desk was wonderful and so helpful.  It was the first reservation on this cruise that he had booked so he had to hunt a bit for all the options but he was great.  He said it was supposed to be posted on the website today but he did not see it yet. 

Apparently I made an impression when I booked the World Cruise 2023 because he said he remembered me.  And it was about a couple of my quirky things so I believe he really did.  I am sure travel agents are great too, but I have always had good luck booking direct with HAL and keeping the reservation with them.  Guess I am a bit of a control freak but works for me.  And over the years we have had several offers for paid upgrades which we could respond to quickly.  Took some but not others but at least we had the choice.

I am so excited- but 2 years away.  At least I have several other cruises booked- hoping the world gets simpler and safer soon.

Sue

Hi Sue, 

I’m booked, too! Love the r/t from San Diego.  As a single, totally agree it’s pricey but worth it not to fly those long flights.  Plus, French Polynesia is my all time favorite ports to visit!  May be time to start the roll call! 

Karen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Interesting timing as it will compete with the world cruise for passengers. 

It looks to me like this is a substitute for the Grand South America, which has always been the same time as the World.  Volendam has been doing the GSA since Prinsendam was sold & now this cruise is on Volendam in the same time slot.

Rick

• Like 2

Just now, RBB said:

It looks to me like this is a substitute for the Grand South America, which has always been the same time as the World.  Volendam has been doing the GSA since Prinsendam was sold & now this cruise is on Volendam in the same time slot.

Rick

I should add that the 2024 World isn't going to Australia or New Zealand, so it won't be competing for the passengers who want to go to those places.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RBB said:

Rick

Yes, that’s what the world cruise desk shared with me.  I’m just surprised that the Oct 2023 Grand Voyage is repeating Africa on the Z—makes me wonder if they are thinking this year’s grand voyage may not be doing A— or maybe there is such a waiting list that they think there is a demand for the following year. Who knows…

2 minutes ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Yes, that’s what the world cruise desk shared with me.  I’m just surprised that the Oct 2023 Grand Voyage is repeating Africa on the Z—makes me wonder if they are thinking this year’s grand voyage may not be doing A— or maybe there is such a waiting list that they think there is a demand for the following year. Who knows…

Actually, I am booked on the Grand Africa in 2022 and 2023.  We won't do both of them, but will hold onto our 2023 reservation until we know the answer to your question.  I have been wondering the same thing since I first heard that 2023 was going to be a repeat (identical except for one additional port) of 2022.  I can tell you that those of us booked on the 2022 have not been notified of any change so far.

23 minutes ago, RBB said:

Actually, I am booked on the Grand Africa in 2022 and 2023.  We won't do both of them, but will hold onto our 2023 reservation until we know the answer to your question.  I have been wondering the same thing since I first heard that 2023 was going to be a repeat (identical except for one additional port) of 2022.  I can tell you that those of us booked on the 2022 have not been notified of any change so far.

Frustrating for sure… just hope things will return to “normal” soon and we can all cruise with confidence! All the best! 

Exciting!  Gus Antorcha, new Holland America president,  promised us some new exotic cruises after covid situation calms.  

Zuiderdam to do Grand Africa in 2023.

Volendam to do Grand Australia in 2024, which would be in lieu of Grand South America.

Fares are up, to no ones surprise.  The Zuiderdam does offer lower priced verandahs than Volendam for those of us who would prefer them on a long cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarefreeKaren said:

I don't believe that there is a GWC this year.  We are booked on the 2024 WC, and that itinerary appears to duplicate what was originally scheduled for the 2022 WC.

6 hours ago, weeislayman said:

Is there pricing for the segments?  If so, could someone point me to them?  I don't see them on HAL's site.
Thanks.

Try filtering for cruises in 2024. That should get you to the world cruise segments, as well as the Australia/New Zealand Grand Voyage.

22 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I don't believe that there is a GWC this year.  We are booked on the 2024 WC, and that itinerary appears to duplicate what was originally scheduled for the 2022 WC.

There’s no Grand World Voyage this year, but there is one, and only one, Grand Voyage this year. That’s the Grand Africa in October - December. Then 2023 Grand World starts in January 2023, repeating about half the same ports. Now there’s another Grand Africa in October 2023 which is identical to 2022 but with one additional port. 
Three Grand Voyages going to Africa within a year is unusual. Maybe HAL has been given better guarantees from the African ports than from Asia or South America. This is possible. Maybe HAL thinks the 2022 Grand Africa won’t be a go. This is also possible.
I’d just like to know which before the 3% discount deadline for the 2023 GWV, so we can transfer payment from the Grand Africa if need be.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, vinonme2 said:

When I looked earlier this morning it was not on Hal's website, nor on several travel agency websites.

Other than R/T, two segments are also being offered. 

I totally agree with you, that long flight is miserable. First time I flew to NZ it was 38 hours from my house till I landed in Auckland - backed up airports, missed flights, rerouted, etc. When I flew back home it took me days to adjust to the time.

This is what caught my eye.  2 segments.  Does anyone know if this right?  I would think that HAL would try and sell the entire cruise, before offering segments, but if anyone has info, pricing, etc, please point me in the right direction...
Thanks,
Ronnie

10 minutes ago, weeislayman said:

This is what caught my eye.  2 segments.  Does anyone know if this right?  I would think that HAL would try and sell the entire cruise, before offering segments, but if anyone has info, pricing, etc, please point me in the right direction...
Thanks,
Ronnie

This is apparently a change on HAL's part.  The 2024 WC is also being sold in segments or, as one veteran poster has commented, more like a "HO HO" trip.  Also, there have been posts, pointing that they Grand Voyages usually don't sell out.  I don't know how accurate that is.  I thought that the 2023 WC has been sold out.