Aluminum Water Bottle?

miched

I found some were easy and others were a little hard.  Turning the bottle upside down and giving the top a couple if hits on a solid surface seemed to help with the more troublesome ones.  Also using a washcloth to towel to grip the cap helped too. 

3 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

We haven't cruised since they switched to those bottles, but DaKahuna gave me an idea.  I may bring one of those round rubber sheets that are used for opening jars!  

We have one packed to use in the cabin.   Don’t want to carry it around with us.   The BTs and most servers will open them for you.   Their hands have probably became calloused.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

15 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

We haven't cruised since they switched to those bottles, but DaKahuna gave me an idea.  I may bring one of those round rubber sheets that are used for opening jars!  

That's exactly what I did. Works great and no hand cuts this trip!

32 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

That's exactly what I did. Works great and no hand cuts this trip!

No drinks package for me on the Edge next Sunday. When I cruised in November I had the PBP but saw crew giving out bottles of water at each port obviously free of charge. Are they still doing this?

Many seniors have problems opening these bottles. Goes with the territory.   I will be doing exercises to strengthen my hands and wrist.  Also, may  bring along some pliers to open those bottles just in case.  However, I may get sent to the 'naughty room' if  the pliers are detected in my baggage.

I remember those gross water cartons from my trips in Alaska on Solstice.  

7 minutes ago, keesar said:

However, I may get sent to the 'naughty room' if  the pliers are detected in my baggage.

My mother who was 79 at the time was sent to the naughty room for bringing a 'weapon' onboard a pair of scissors she brought she told them it's for cutting the tags off her clothes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

A thick rubber band works just as well!

32 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No drinks package for me on the Edge next Sunday. When I cruised in November I had the PBP but saw crew giving out bottles of water at each port obviously free of charge. Are they still doing this?

Bottles given out when leaving ship in a port have been for those flashing cards showing drink packages

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

My mother who was 79 at the time was sent to the naughty room for bringing a 'weapon' onboard a pair of scissors she brought she told them it's for cutting the tags off her clothes. 

I was one of the first ones off the ship and checked out two tables of confiscated items.  I could not believe there was so much stuff.  There was a sword, knives, scissors,  candles, toy guns, etc.  Appliances included coffee makers, knitting needles, many irons,  steamers, etc.  There was a set of handcuffs and not sure why someone would bring those on a cruise....

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Bottles given out when leaving ship in a port have been for those flashing cards showing drink packages

We had water on the pier on my Constellation cruise in December/January, and although I did have a drink package, I didn't show my card to receive bottles.

Interestingly, by the time we got to Cozumel, they were handing out plastic bottles.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keesar said:

I was one of the first ones off the ship and checked out two tables of confiscated items.  I could not believe there was so much stuff.  There was a sword, knives, scissors,  candles, toy guns, etc.  Appliances included coffee makers, knitting needles, many irons,  steamers, etc.  There was a set of handcuffs and not sure why someone would bring those on a cruise....

I've heard of people attempting to bring all those things on their cruises before but the sword is new to me! What in the world are people thinking when they're packing?! "Hmm, better pack this sword in case the ship gets stormed by pirates. I knew this thing would come in handy some day!"

45 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I bring a pair of sewing scissors (maybe 3-inch blades) and they haven't been confiscated. Sometimes one needs a pair of scissors. 😇

In Alaska people would buy Ulu Knives in the ports.   They are considered a weapon and confiscated and were  not returned  by that cruise.  One enterprising local would stand by the ship and act like a Good Samaritan  telling them he would mail  the knives  If they gave him their name and address plus $10 to cover the shipping costs 

I wonder how many time those knives have been resold?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

A thick rubber band works just as well

or one of those thick rubber wrists bracelets that people wear for a cause 

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1