Door Decor

eltigre

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, StineAngel said:

And here I just ordered a couple of small magnets because it is our honeymoon and I'm excited about it.....never knew people hated it so 🥴

Some people love it.

Some people hate it.

Zero of those people matter.

Congratulations. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

On 6/21/2023 at 3:44 AM, Because_I_Said said:

I bring alphabet fridge magnets and post quotes on my door each day. Perhaps a few have clutched their pearls as they walked past but more stop to take pictures and have a laugh. It's a vacation. Have some fun. 

20220830_162752.jpg

20220831_155457.jpg

20220903_164458.jpg

20220904_083751.jpg

Hmmm...

I could find my door this way.  But I am sure that all of the ... would be offended...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Some people love it.

Some people hate it.

Zero of those people matter.

Congratulations. 

Go for it.  Congratulations.

The people that hate it ...  Blah blah blah...   Not someone that you would want to meet on a cruise...

Of course there might be some of us hooligans that switch the letters around...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, StineAngel said:

And here I just ordered a couple of small magnets because it is our honeymoon and I'm excited about it.....never knew people hated it so 🥴

Don't you worry about it! It makes it much easier to find your cabin. When we have been just off the elevators, people commented how they knew they were going to the proper side by seeing the decorations.

We always put up a Conch Republic Flag. (The flag of the Keys). Since one took a walk about 7 years ago, I have added a sign that says "If you take this flag, you will have bad luck forever". It hasn't gone missing since.

One day we heard some children outside that door. The little girl slowly read it and when she finish "bad luck forever" she told her brother, Tommy, don't touch it!

We also have magnets that let the Cabin Steward know if we are in or out. At Christmas, we have lights. We heavily decorated for our Mardi Gras cruise as did many other people. If it is any kind of Holiday, we decorate for it. I guess we are the "tacky" people. I would rather be tacky than try to get into the wrong cabin.

Edited by Keys Kathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/21/2023 at 11:44 AM, Because_I_Said said:

I bring alphabet fridge magnets and post quotes on my door each day. Perhaps a few have clutched their pearls as they walked past but more stop to take pictures and have a laugh. It's a vacation. Have some fun. 

20220830_162752.jpg

20220831_155457.jpg

20220903_164458.jpg

20220904_083751.jpg

Sooo much naughtiness to be had here.

The removal of one letter on the second pic would have me in stitches!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Are you removing the n?

I assumed the "o" in "count". 😉

I leave the remaining letters at the bottom of the door and don't mind others adding to the door (as you can see in the first picture). My biggest concern was someone being vulgar. If that happens, they'll be removed completely. Happily, everyone was very respectful.

14 minutes ago, Because_I_Said said:

I assumed the "o" in "count". 😉

I leave the remaining letters at the bottom of the door and don't mind others adding to the door (as you can see in the first picture). My biggest concern was someone being vulgar. If that happens, they'll be removed completely. Happily, everyone was very respectful.

Oh, silly me. I was thinking, Canadian, cold......

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

I was just on Reflection for a TA that included Halloween and there were many stateroom doors that were decorated in elaborate Halloween themes.

also the usual Birthday and Anniversary decorations.

I LIKE them all as most cruise ship hallways are so drab and boring.

We will be on a Silversea cruise next May and I will Not bring any of my small frig. Magnets as my experience with high priced cruise lines has been that they seem to distill the Fun out of cruising in the name of Luxury and Cultural Enrichment.

Honest question here... I always see people saying they put one on their door "so they can find their cabin if they're drunk" - but unless your door is right off an elevator lobby, how does that help you remember what deck you're on? It's not like you can see a flat magnet just by looking down the hall to make sure it's the right deck.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:58 PM, NMTraveller said:

Hmmm...

I could find my door this way.  But I am sure that all of the ... would be offended...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

kids on board will enjoy playing around with it.. something less messy might ge  better!

We will be on the Reflection after Thanksgiving with my parents who will be celebrating their 60th anniversary, and our son and DIL who will be celebrating their 1st (and their first cruise together). We will be surprising them with customized door magnets for both occasions. Sorry (not really) if anyone else thinks they're tacky.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Honest question here... I always see people saying they put one on their door "so they can find their cabin if they're drunk" - but unless your door is right off an elevator lobby, how does that help you remember what deck you're on? It's not like you can see a flat magnet just by looking down the hall to make sure it's the right deck.

Well, I don't do it for when I'm drunk, but just to differentiate my door in a sea of doors that all look alike. (Plus it makes me laugh. 😉) Most people can find their floor just fine. It's more a matter of being able to find your door at a quick glance while walking down the hallways. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

Fun, fun, fun

IMG_3595.jpeg

does anyone ever steal ones they like?

the sea life ones are cool...where do you find those,

Cruise Critic used to have a nice "downloadable" color door sign..would include date of the  CC  Connections Party..which seem to be  no more???

On 11/6/2023 at 6:02 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You are the voice of reason !

• Like 1