2023/2024 Caribbean Sailings Have Been Released

mahdnc

Higher prices for late '23 and '24 were to be expected. Celebrity is 3rd with these sailings, following Carnival and NCL. all are higher. They have to start being profitable, and with demand being up, this is their chance. If demand lessens due to the pricing, they will go down and you can reprice.

13 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I assume for 2024 this not a complete list. I was hoping to book once again the cruise that goes to Columbia, Panama and Costa Rica. This one I did not see.

Haven’t looked at the just released cruises. I want one that goes from California to Florida. I had a great one booked from San Diego to Florida which was canceled because of the virus. What was it’s name???

23 minutes ago, Straughn said:

Haven’t looked at the just released cruises. I want one that goes from California to Florida. I had a great one booked from San Diego to Florida which was canceled because of the virus. What was it’s name???

Panama Canal West-to-East. 

We are taking one off our bucket list in April, 2023.  It’s the East-to-West on Millennium. 

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

Already have my eye on the Ascent Maiden Voyage...pricey, yes...but I love Edge so Ascent should be fabulous 😎

I almost did that too, but will wait for a TA.  It should be like Beyond, which looks fabulous, IMHO.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was surprised at some of the prices on Ascent not being much more than or even lower than winter 22/23 pricing on Beyond...but then I started to go through the booking process to look at fees and noticed that the pricing promoted is with a non-refundable deposit. Pricing jumped by over $600pp for the suite category I was looking at to get a refundable deposit.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

No San Juan departures in the deployment released today, and Infinity now the only ship without a Fall 2023 to Spring 2024 schedule. Perhaps they are holding those sailings back to finalize charter plans and/or revolution upgrade of Infinity?

Or maybe Infinity won't be around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

No San Juan departures in the deployment released today, and Infinity now the only ship without a Fall 2023 to Spring 2024 schedule. Perhaps they are holding those sailings back to finalize charter plans and/or revolution upgrade of Infinity?

Itineraries of Infinity were expected to be revealed with the ones of Millenium's and Eclipse's some months ago. It was supposed to be a winter season in Europe. But who knows what happened and they pushed them back?

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Was surprised at some of the prices on Ascent not being much more than or even lower than winter 22/23 pricing on Beyond...but then I started to go through the booking process to look at fees and noticed that the pricing promoted is with a non-refundable deposit. Pricing jumped by over $600pp for the suite category I was looking at to get a refundable deposit.

It's never great to lose money if you need to cancel and for those that tend to book cruises - perhaps multiple - 'on spec' and decide later then a refundable deposit is probably the only way to go.

For those who only book cruises that they expect to take barring unforeseen circumstances then I've always thought it's better to go non-ref as you're only losing $100pp, the rest is refunded as FCC. So with the $600 deposit you mention if you cancel less than 5 out of 6 then you'd be ahead with the non-ref deposit, assuming you're expecting to cruise with Celebrity in the future. For this reason I always choose the non-ref route.

Of course, if you book refundable there is always the chance that prices remain the same (or drop) so you can switch to a non-ref rate at a later date and retrieve the excess deposit but that is in the lap of the gods.

I have strayed a little off your point though (apologies) as you were pointing out that whilst prices seemed reasonable at first glance, once the substantial premium for a refundable deposit was taken into account they were appreciably less so. 

Edited by Bugsy1966

19 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I am so glad to see they have the New Orleans Mardi Gras cruise itinerary again.

I highly recommend it. One of the best cruises we ever took!

Just been looking at it as we missed out on the cruise in 2020 😞. Prices are not too bad but I feel the cruise overall is not as good as the one we were booked on - the other ports are not so desirable. The 2024 does have two nights there though. Now to decide whether to book or not.

26 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Here we don get the B2B  no discounts, we are going to Celebrate our 40th anniversary.

$300 instead of $900 deposit per cruise and 75 instead of 90 days to final payment

Enjoy your Anniversary Cruise.  It's too bad your TA could get you any group rates.