Allure better off after cancelling the amplified upgrades?

coaster

Not an Oasis class expert. Usually go on the smaller ships. Only been on one a few years ago on Harmony. I keep piecing together details from here and other sites.

Sounds like the Diamond lounge is maybe the best in the fleet. Nice view and 2 stories. Heard it would of been moved to a less desirable location. The planned addition of slides is not a factor as we are not cruising with children. Champagne bar did not get changed to a robotic novelty bar and still has human bartenders. No cabins added to increase capacity also. Booked for April after our Jewel cruise was cancelled in January to become a crew quarantine ship. Just looking if others think the same way or my information of the planned changes that did not happen are correct.

Edited by coaster

Allure is certainly our favorite ship. Just got off Allure Saturday morning.  Allure does have the best Diamond lounge.  No purple monster at the back of the ship.  And it has Samba Grill - our favorite of all

the specialty dining.  Finally, it has Mama Mia on it - always a fun and entertaining show. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Allure is my favorite ship to date. I like her just the way she is. And I love her free coffee and Boardwalk Donuts in the morning!

Is the coffee in Boardwalk Donuts better than that served in the MDR?

I really like Allure not being amped. I was aboard 3 weeks ago and will be again in April. The Diamond lounge is so nice and the Champagne Lounge is so much better than a Bionic Bar. And as noted above, Mama Mia is such a fun show. I was originally booked on Harmony for April but the more I thought about it I decided to switch and go back to Allure.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like Allure not being amped. I was aboard 3 weeks ago and will be again in April. The Diamond lounge is so nice and the Champagne Lounge is so much better than a Bionic Bar. And as noted above, Mama Mia is such a fun show. I was originally booked on Harmony for April but the more I thought about it I decided to switch and go back to Allure.

Moving the Diamond Lounge from Deck 11 to steerage was not a wise move!!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, coaster said:

Is the coffee in Boardwalk Donuts better than that served in the MDR?

They set up a coffee stand outside next to the glass donut cases, usually only open from 7-9 or 10 AM. It is nice to sit outside on the Boardwalk for morning coffee. I can’t answer about MDR coffee because I have not had it in years. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

Allure is certainly our favorite ship. Just got off Allure Saturday morning.  Allure does have the best Diamond lounge.  No purple monster at the back of the ship.  And it has Samba Grill - our favorite of all

the specialty dining.  Finally, it has Mama Mia on it - always a fun and entertaining show. 

Ditto! It was a pretty good cruise.

Better service than Symphony 

Never went to Diamond Lounge but the Suite lounge is great.

she could use a few new carpets since we last sailed her 3 years ago, but we like her the best.

Ship was ropey few years ago when it went in to dry dock for repairs. 

Ship needs updating but in typical Royal fashion they stuff more cabins in and ruin some of the best bits.

The Bionic bar is the most useless stupid gimmick invention they have ever come up with. Once you have seen it once and had the terrible drink out of a plastic cup you never go back. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

we liked both the Allure in 2019 and the Harmony in 2021.

The kid was, of course, thrilled about the Abyss slide, because it's a dry slide and he wasn't allowed to use his nose clip and goggles on water rides.

We were unable to use the WJ on the Allure for either breakfast or lunch because of the endless lines. Harmony WJ was great, but I think the only reason we were able to eat there is because of the fewer people onboard due to the pandemic.

We are looking forward to sailing on the Allure in May.

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

The Bionic bar is the most useless stupid gimmick invention they have ever come up with. Once you have seen it once and had the terrible drink out of a plastic cup you never go back. 

And yet, RCI keeps installing them......

Amplified Oasis class ships are awesome in the food choices. Allure had a new gem scheduled in Giovanni's Kitchen. El Loco is free, Portside BBQ is quite tasty and very reasonable.  Can't say enough about Playmaker's.  Lime and Coconut area is a blast 

Slides keep kids busy.

Mama Mia was staying anyway. 

And FWIW, overall it seems more folks are dissapointed she didn't get amped than happy she stayed the same, regardless of the few participants here.

• Like 5

I don't know. The amp was scheduled for March 2020. We were booked on the October 2020 transatlantic, for our big anniversary and retirement cruise. We had booked a Grand Suite for our first Oasis class ship and 14 nights. 

All of that was cancelled, and DH ended up working an additional year. I was looking forward to Playmakers and Portside BBQ. I don't really care one way or another about the purple slide. 

But since then, we have had multiple booked cruises cancelled. We have other house projects that we need to work on. We have a couple cruises scheduled on Navigator. Maybe we will get more excited again after we get back onboard and eventually try a big ship after we sell the house. 

• Like 1