Update to CruiseHealth Guidelines (Feb 28)

bronzey214

All - I know we saw the notification about Princess following CDC guidance starting March 1. Just wanted to let you know the FAQs were updated.

Highlights:

• Those under 5 can now sail but will need to follow unvaccinated guest guidelines
  • Masking is now recommended but not required for the vast majority of places
  • Pre-sailing, you still need to provide a negative COVID test TWO days beforehand (I know there was speculation it would be three but it is still two)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

The Princess SVP of Sales stated that on 3/1 the test would be changed to 3 days so we’ll know tomorrow. Last Friday the Travel Contract stated 3 days but the next day it was back to 2 days.

Me as well, switched from 2 to 3 back to 2. And on the same day my PVP told me it would be 3 days. We will see what tomorrow brings! I am sailing in 1 week.

15 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Me as well, switched from 2 to 3 back to 2. And on the same day my PVP told me it would be 3 days. We will see what tomorrow brings! I am sailing in 1 week.

Hopefully you’ll receive a definitive answer soon 🤞…mine is 27 days away so I have more time.

Does anyone think that at some point later in March (or at any time) they will totally eliminate the pre-sailing negative test requirement?  Or is this testing here to stay, like taking off your shoes to go through security due to TSA "requirements"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

Does anyone think that at some point later in March (or at any time) they will totally eliminate the pre-sailing negative test requirement?  Or is this testing here to stay, like taking off your shoes to go through security due to TSA "requirements"? 

Who knows. 

At this point...I figure its going to be around for awhile as they start to build up to higher capacity. Cant imagine it will be permanent. I get around the TSA shoe and other requirements by having TSA Precheck. Maybe someday it will be testing required only if not current on vaccine.

2 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Does anyone think that at some point later in March (or at any time) they will totally eliminate the pre-sailing negative test requirement?  

Once it's considered endemic, it will likely be eliminated AS LONG as you are vaxed & boostered.

Think about the flu. In the early 1900s it killed millions. Now we have vaccines for the flu. When was the last time we were required to be tested for flu before boarding a ship? Noro?

No vaccine for Noro. It's present on every cruise. No testing required.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Hawaii has been very cautious with their COVID-19 regulations & have evolved from everyone needing a test to fly here to now only for the unvaccinated. By adding the vax card to their Safe Travels website fully vaccinated people do not require a pre-flight test. If Hawaii can do it then maybe the voluntary CDC guidelines will change to allow cruise passengers to skip a pre-cruise test by providing proof of being fully vaccinated.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I hope they settle on a rule.  I have a couple of weeks, and I am prepared to meet the two day requirement with the proctored home test.  But three days would be nicer, so I can cancel the pre-cruise hotel stay if need be!

• Like 1

We have a cruise mid-April and another one mid-May.  I'm holding off on ordering more proctored tests for another couple of weeks.  

I have a gut feeling testing won't be required soon.  Don't quote me on this, it's just a gut thing and my gut has been wrong numerous times!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully you’ll receive a definitive answer soon 🤞…mine is 27 days away so I have more time.

We are leaving in 24 days.  I thought I was losing my mind when I read the changes from 2 days, to 3 days, then back to 2 days. It would be nice if we didn't have to test at all, but even changing to 3 days would be helpful. 

• Like 1

As Canada will only permit 100% vaccinated ships + test within 1 day, I hope those under 5 are not permitted on Pacific Northwest and Alaska cruises. Multiple posts that they can test everyone onboard (currently do for Hawaiian cruises) so that's not an issue. But I don't want PCL canceling my cruise so a toddler can board

• Like 5

19 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Unless they are going to start making people test for other viruses then I see it going away.  It has pretty much moved into the endemic level (SC has 228 new cases out of 5.5 million people) so will be treated like any other virus...especially any other coronavirus...and they currently don't test for any of them.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, partybarbie said:

We are leaving in 24 days.  I thought I was losing my mind when I read the changes from 2 days, to 3 days, then back to 2 days. It would be nice if we didn't have to test at all, but even changing to 3 days would be helpful. 

And it would be nice for Princess to provide us with accurate information.

2/24 their SVP of Sales stated on 3/1 it will be 3 days; 2/25 it was 3 days in Travel Summary; 2/26 back to 2 days where it remains today. So many unfulfilled statements including that Arrival Groups will be available 35-40 days in advance but not yet at 26 days. MDR reservations are disappearing from the app’s DMW option.

After this cruise might not waste so much time attempting to complete the pre-cruise functions & join those who arrive at the port with all of their required documents who sometimes have shorter lines & faster check-in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

2/24 their SVP of Sales stated on 3/1 it will be 3 days; 2/25 it was 3 days in Travel Summary; 2/26 back to 2 days where it remains today. So many unfulfilled statements including that Arrival Groups will be available 35-40 days in advance but not yet at 26 days. MDR reservations are disappearing from the app’s DMW option.

After this cruise might not waste so much time attempting to complete the pre-cruise functions & join those who arrive at the port with all of their required documents who sometimes have shorter lines & faster check-in.

Not to mention the pre-cruise "emergency notification" email we received on 2/25 stating PCR or antigen test within 3 days.  I'm sure many passengers go by that email and don't even look at the website so they have no reason to think 3 days isn't correct.  

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We were able to choose our arrival group, and make dining reservations, around the 60-day mark.

However, after reading about the medallion shipping issues, we chose to pick them up at the pier, like we did in October. 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

2/24 their SVP of Sales stated on 3/1 it will be 3 days; 2/25 it was 3 days in Travel Summary; 2/26 back to 2 days where it remains today. 

Exactly! This is what gets me. Rumors, speculation, hearsay - we know better.  BUT regardless of how any of us feel about decisions made, we have to rely on them to meet them to cruise.

I also have the video of the Senior Vice President, North America Sales & Trade Marketing for Princess Cruises and Cunard Line, John Chernesky, stating that the test requirement would switch to 3 days - nice graphic and all - on March 1.  Why would I doubt this information published on-line by a VP of sales for Princess?  I changed our testing dates on this info.  Yes, I kept the other appt.'s too - but wow.

Edited by ColoradoMom!!

30 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Exactly! This is what gets me. Rumors, speculation, hearsay - we know better.  BUT regardless of how any of us feel about decisions made, we have to rely on them to meet them to cruise.

I also have the video of the Senior Vice President, North America Sales & Trade Marketing for Princess Cruises and Cunard Line, John Chernesky, stating that the test requirement would switch to 3 days - nice graphic and all - on March 1.  Why would I doubt this information published on-line by a VP of sales for Princess?  I changed our testing dates on this info.  Yes, I kept the other appt.'s too - but wow.

Lol at this point  i have  a 3 day, 2 day, and a 1 day backup  testing appt for next weeks cruise. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

It doesn’t get more clearly stated than on his 2/24 webinar…guess we need to be skeptical about any Princess statements.

image.thumb.jpeg.9b9bdd3c3f7f238186f3573894097913.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

On the MedallionClass app there's now the option to request a vaccine waiver.  🤬

They will be letting children under 5 cruise who can’t get the vaccine, my guess that’s one of the reasons why this was added. Where was that located in the App?