Noise in suites under Oceanview Cafe ???

tiger13

Any info from those who have actually been in these suites would be greatly appreciated …..

Will be on Silhouette in a Sky Suite and am wondering about noise on deck 12 being under the Oceanview Cafe

Deck 12 - cabins 2123 thru 2135 which are on side of ship under Oceanview Cafe (carpeted portion)

Deck 12  - corner aft 2153 under the outside dining area of Oceanview Cafe (outside non carpeted)

Deck 8   -  corner aft 8347

Deck 7   -  corner aft 7309

I’ve been in suites and aft cabins so I know the benefits but I’m really asking specifically just about noise 

I only ask because I once stayed in the top suite on a RCL ship and heard very loud  rolling carts thru out the day and night 

so I have not stayed in Silhouette sky suites and wondered if they have same issue or are better insulated from noise

would love to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in any of these suites

The most forward suites have the least noise. We have stayed in 2121 twice with no issues. The further toward aft you go, the noisier. Celebrity has figured out that this is true and have now priced 2114-2122 and port 2115-2123 as Aqua Sky Suites and more expensive than those further aft on 12 on the S class.

• Like 1

There are always trade offs.  We have been on the aft upper deck 12 on the Equinox and will be sailing in the same location on the Reflection in a few weeks.  There is a little noise, but a lot more shade.  That works for us. Another consideration I have mentioned in the past is proximity to the crew service elevators.  Our experience was that it was warm and noisy with lots of crew activity in these areas.

My plan moving forward with booking S class ships are to book a Aft Sky Suite. Then try to do a move up bid for a Aqua SS. I wont book any suite deck 12 that is not under the carpeted area (2114-2123) of the Oceanview Cafe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bigben Good idea. That is something we may also do. I have just recently booked EQ 2125 for Sept. and Oct. 2023. We are booked in 2124 on EQ in July, as that was as far forward as we could book at the time. 

• Like 1

We stayed in 2133 on Equinox (same set up) a few years ago. I can't recommend it.

When my husband asks "which ship was Equinox?" I say, "you know, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM." And he knows which one it is. We haven't sailed S-class again mostly because of the noise situation.

• Haha 1

I stayed in one of those Sky Suites under OVC on Reflection and I found the noise very irritating. There were loud footfalls, clanging and clattering and rumbling carts throughout the day and even at times in the middle of the night (I assume from cleaners). If you are sensitive to noise when you sleep I would advise against booking one of these cabins. My husband is a sound sleeper and I wore earplugs at night anyway so it did not disturb my sleep but during the waking hours when I was in the cabin it was bothersome especially if I just wanted to have a quiet moment reading or relaxing. I would never book one of those cabins again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Noise was dreadful in the concierges cabins there

We have sailed in 2105, 2107, 2109 a number of times, never had a problem. I would not book 2101 or 2103 because of the balcony and being close to men's bathroom. 

• Thanks 1

We just returned from a B2B on the Silhouette in sky suite 2123.  There was the sound of rolling carts from above every few hours.  I’m a light sleeper, so this bothered me somewhat.  My husband didn’t mind it.  We have two future cruises booked on the Edge and Apex, where the sky suites are located under other cabins. I think this will be much better for us.

• Like 1

We had a room that was located underneath the Pool Bar and Entrance to Aqua Spa.   It was generally quiet but daily you could hear them rolling the carts with Ice and stuff to the bar.   On some evening you could hear chairs scraping when they were piling them up to power wash the deck. 

While you could hear it,  it in no way spoiled our vacation.

10 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We have sailed in 2105, 2107, 2109 a number of times, never had a problem. I would not book 2101 or 2103 because of the balcony and being close to men's bathroom. 

the rolling carts started at 4:30 am daily. Never got a wink of sleep after that. After 9 days we got a new cabin

7 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

the rolling carts started at 4:30 am daily. Never got a wink of sleep after that. After 9 days we got a new cabin

So glad me and my husband are heavy sleepers, no limits on where we decide to stay

It appears that we are the only ones on CC that don't stay in a suite and are completely satisfied with a huge balcony, deck 8 or 9 , mid ship--- Quiet, excellent service every cruise , close to elevators and , for some reason , on a few occasions met the Captain strolling the halls in the area. 

Off topic here LOL--- One time when the Captain asked if we were regular cruisers, if we were enjoying the cruise ( you know-- all the " regular " chit chat ) --- of course we said " YES "--- and he replied " Here's an Order from your Captain---- Continue having a good time and I'll be looking forward to seeing you again ". 

( I forgot to tell him that once our Server forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time ).

We did take a suite " years " ago, but the value just wasn't worth it for us.

Our Butler was an extremely nice man, offered to help us with anything we needed, but, we really didn't need anything. On the last day of the cruise when I gave him a tip--- he was reluctant to accept it ( but he finally did )--- What a nice man !!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

It appears that we are the only ones on CC that don't stay in a suite and are completely satisfied with a huge balcony, deck 8 or 9 , mid ship--- Quiet, excellent service every cruise , close to elevators and , for some reason , on a few occasions met the Captain strolling the halls in the area. 

Off topic here LOL--- One time when the Captain asked if we were regular cruisers, if we were enjoying the cruise ( you know-- all the " regular " chit chat ) --- of course we said " YES "--- and he replied " Here's an Order from your Captain---- Continue having a good time and I'll be looking forward to seeing you again ". 

( I forgot to tell him that once our Server forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time ).

Our Butler was an extremely nice man, offered to help us with anything we needed, but, we really didn't need anything. On the last day of the cruise when I gave him a tip--- he was reluctant to accept it ( but he finally did )--- What a nice man !!!

I will cherish the memory forever when I first met a ships captain.  When I met Dolly Parton and had my picture taken with her I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Meeting the captain, you talk about goose bumps, after that it was Dolly who?!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Nope we are perfectly happy with our Veranda cabin and are probably the odd balls that like the MDR.  We think the food is good to great, we go to the specialty dining rooms a few times and have yet to read or hear enough things about Luminae to book a suite.  Every cruise we discuss bidding up and just decide there isn't enough reason to do so. 

• Like 2