ARRIVCAN Question

loving goldens

I too am a non-Canadian but appreciate all the good advice you provide about ArriveCAN. I am in a quandry as I was unable to upload my vaccine card so I am considered non-vaccinated. I tried to go back into the registration and try to upload the card again but couldn't get back in.  I will have my proof with me and am arriving by ship in about two weeks. What will happen? What should I do? Thank you.

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I too am a non-Canadian but appreciate all the good advice you provide about ArriveCAN. I am in a quandry as I was unable to upload my vaccine card so I am considered non-vaccinated. I tried to go back into the registration and try to upload the card again but couldn't get back in.  I will have my proof with me and am arriving by ship in about two weeks. What will happen? What should I do? Thank you.

If you now have a picture or other electronic copy of your vaccination record you can simply create a new arrival record and upload the card. ArriveCan will remove the previous record.

3 hours ago, mousefan73 said:

I hate to hijack this thread being a non-Canadian but you guys seem to have so much great information. Which is highly appreciative. I was just reading the recent posts and if you are traveling to Vancouver to go on a boat you should put down that information for quarantine. The thing is we are arriving three days before our cruise. I’m almost thinking right now is it a disadvantage arriving that early now, I’ll be more apt to be chosen for Random testing and the whole quarantine plan thing. Almost seems like you’re better off arriving right before your sailing so you’re basically just transferring through especially if you’re on a cruise like mine that goes one way to Hawaii. I’m trying to figure these things out I have two weeks before the Disney wonder sales on the 26th

Random means random, no one is more or less likely to be selected.

If you are selected wouldn't it mean that you don't have to pay for the pre-boarding test if you can use that result? And should you test positive, you wouldn't of been able to board anyways.

Presumably you plan to stay somewhere for the two nights prior to the cruise. Use that address for your quarantine plan, it can always be changed if necessary.

3 hours ago, broberts said:

If you now have a picture or other electronic copy of your vaccination record you can simply create a new arrival record and upload the card. ArriveCan will remove the previous record.

Random means random, no one is more or less likely to be selected.

If you are selected wouldn't it mean that you don't have to pay for the pre-boarding test if you can use that result? And should you test positive, you wouldn't of been able to board anyways.

Presumably you plan to stay somewhere for the two nights prior to the cruise. Use that address for your quarantine plan, it can always be changed if necessary.

Disney administers abs pays for port testing. Antigen. What makes me nervous I believe the airport random testing is PCR. With this Omicron with many of us have probably had Covid and never realized it I can still show up positive on a PCR test even though we no longer are “infected”

Edited by mousefan73

FYI I am out of the country right now (typing this from our room in Vegas) and I did the ArriveCAN forms for our return on Monday last night.  No mention whatsoever of any testing.  Took me about 3 minutes to complete it on my phone.  Now all of our info is saved so that impacts the time.

We flew last Monday out of Pearson via Westjet (we had our tests done at Walmart) and there was zero mention of it anywhere.  Nothing whatsoever was asked for by any agent etc.  Just the same as it had been on our previous trips.

If i'm leaving on a cruise from vancouver (i'm from vancouver) then would i only need the arrive can app when i fly back from la? Is it something you can practice in advance as i'm confused how you upload vaccine proof into arrivecan from your phone.

25 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

If i'm leaving on a cruise from vancouver (i'm from vancouver) then would i only need the arrive can app when i fly back from la? Is it something you can practice in advance as i'm confused how you upload vaccine proof into arrivecan from your phone.

Set up your profile now, and save it. (I actually have 2 profiles, one with my passport and one with my Nexus card.) This can be done at any time before. Your profile includes your document information as well as your vaccination information. You would then only need to fill out the trip details.

I think that you will actually need to fill out ArriveCAN twice, once before boarding your cruise, and again before you fly back from LA, but someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong.

56 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Is it something you can practice in advance as i'm confused how you upload vaccine proof into arrivecan from your phone.

You can set up a profile (at any time) that is permanently stored, with your citizenship, passport and personal information. This profile can be used again for future trips.

As a Vancouver resident, you can download your Canadian government record of vax, from Health Gateway. This is a PDF with a QR code. Upload this document into your profile when prompted.

Yes. you can do a test run for the Koningsdam departing Vancouver on Sunday. Don't have to 'Submit'. Just fill out the pages.

As a Vancouver resident, just use your address when asked about your quarantine location. At the moment, you must fill out the ArrivCan application before your departure. The app may not accept your application after your departure date.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by HappyInVan

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

If i'm leaving on a cruise from vancouver (i'm from vancouver) then would i only need the arrive can app when i fly back from la?

Yes. ArriveCan is only required when entering Canada.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, ehogan said:

Interesting. That is the first time I’ve seen the requirement that the operator must arrange and pay for quarantine if the person disembarking does not have a satisfactory plan. If you put the address of the place where the cruise ship docks in ArriveCAN, does that count as a suitable plan?

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Yes. 

Does that mean the Authorized Representative of the cruise line is no longer responsible for arranging and paying for the quarantine once you disembark to continue the required isolation?

I know quarantine is a possibility, but it is hard for the individual to have a realistic plan without knowledge of which hotels will accept COVID positive travelers. Is there such a list somewhere?

8 minutes ago, Babr said:

Does that mean the Authorized Representative of the cruise line is no longer responsible for arranging and paying for the quarantine once you disembark to continue the required isolation?

I know quarantine is a possibility, but it is hard for the individual to have a realistic plan without knowledge of which hotels will accept COVID positive travelers. Is there such a list somewhere?

Cruise ships are responsible for making passenger quarantine arrangements. So you don't have that worry.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Babr said:

No, the cruiseline is still responsible. By providing the address of where the ship will dock, you are signalling that you are a cruise passenger and do not have additional information at the time of your ArriveCAN submission. 

Just now, Fouremco said:

No, the cruiseline is still responsible. By providing the address of where the ship will dock, you are signalling that you are a cruise passenger and do not have additional information at the time of your ArriveCAN submission. 

Thanks. I have insurance and am prepared. The cruise line so far has given no indication that they have any financial responsibility. At least, I know they will point me in the right direction

• Like 1

We will be cruising to Alaska out of Vancouver. We have a stop in Victoria the day before we return to Vancouver. Will we have to have the ArriveCan done and submitted to the CBS before we stop in Victoria rather than Vancouver. Would Victoria be considered an in transit stop on our way to the final destination Vancouver? Alternatively do we just submit the ArriveCan 72 hours out from are return to Vancouver showing Vancouver as our final stop/port of entry? I'm guessing we just submit it showing Victoria as our port of entry and not worry about Vancouver since we have already been cleared at Victoria. Would we be making our Customs declaration at the stop in Victoria even though we do not have baggage with us in case CBS wants to check anything. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, gnome12 said:

Set up your profile now, and save it. (I actually have 2 profiles, one with my passport and one with my Nexus card.) This can be done at any time before. Your profile includes your document information as well as your vaccination information. You would then only need to fill out the trip details.

I think that you will actually need to fill out ArriveCAN twice, once before boarding your cruise, and again before you fly back from LA, but someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong.

I'm in Vancouver too

It's a little weird that we have to fill out arrivecan before getting on a ship in Canada... The seems more setup for arriving in Canada , hence the name! 

Here's a a screenshot of my app as I was thinking about how I'd fill it out. 

Starting in Canada 

Embarking may 4 (discovery princess Alaska sampler) - port of entry Vancouver?

Date of arrival? The day I fly back from Seattle to Vancouver four days after embarking? 

So weird - ideas?

D65D7BCB-28B2-46DD-BE74-D5AB872F02FB.jpeg

1 hour ago, ozziebound said:

I'm in Vancouver too

It's a little weird that we have to fill out arrivecan before getting on a ship in Canada... The seems more setup for arriving in Canada , hence the name! 

Starting in Canada 

Date of arrival? The day I fly back from Seattle to Vancouver four days after embarking? 

So weird - ideas?

I would think ArriveCan would only be needed if the itinerary included a stop in Canada on the way back from Alaska. 

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

I would think ArriveCan would only be needed if the itinerary included a stop in Canada on the way back from Alaska. 

Ours doesn't! It's Vancouver ketchikan Seattle 

But it seems like arrivecan is required for cruises leaving from Vancouver 

8 hours ago, ozziebound said:

I'm in Vancouver too

Starting in Canada 

So weird - ideas?

The ship isn’t destined for Canada so you don’t submit your ArriveCAN info prior to embarking.  When you are in Seattle and within 72 hours of arrival in Canada, that is when you submit the ArriveCAN info.

19 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

We will be cruising to Alaska out of Vancouver. We have a stop in Victoria the day before we return to Vancouver. Will we have to have the ArriveCan done and submitted to the CBS before we stop in Victoria rather than Vancouver. Would Victoria be considered an in transit stop on our way to the final destination Vancouver? Alternatively do we just submit the ArriveCan 72 hours out from are return to Vancouver showing Vancouver as our final stop/port of entry? I'm guessing we just submit it showing Victoria as our port of entry and not worry about Vancouver since we have already been cleared at Victoria. Would we be making our Customs declaration at the stop in Victoria even though we do not have baggage with us in case CBS wants to check anything. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Victoria is your first port of entry.

There is no customs declaration unless you request one.

If CBSA wants to speak with you, you will be alerted in advance. Otherwise you will disembark the ship as though you have arrived domestically.

13 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I'll be flying from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale, catching a transatlantic cruise to Spain, then flying to the UK for a few days.   Is it going to be difficult filling out my information on arrivecan.   I've never had to use it before.

It will be pretty straightforward and shouldn’t be a problem at all since you have a few days in the UK to input the information required. I believe you can also input your basic information before your trip, i.e. personal info, passport details and Covid vaccination document.