No longer any Celebrity “ cruise fares “ only?

Fleuve51

We are Elite Club Members. Loyalty use to mean special privileges such as free happy hour drinks, discounted internet charges etc. 

We are now told that the reduced “cruise only” fares no longer exist.

What has happened to our years of loyalty Celebrity? It appears to now be worth nothing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Although I agree that the movement to AI has diluted the captains club benefits there are still a number that can be used and add some value to loyalty.  

That said the perception is not good. These are difficult times and it’s unwise to upset any customer let alone your most loyal.  

im sure celebrity will continue to assess both the benefits and the need for an additional level at about the 1500 point mark against customer retention 

Personally I cruise with Celebrity because the core product ticks the right boxes for me…. Do I like to get a few perks….YES.    But will it stop me cruising with them ..NO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Fleuve51 said:

We are Elite Club Members. Loyalty use to mean special privileges such as free happy hour drinks, discounted internet charges etc. 

What has happened to our years of loyalty Celebrity? It appears to now be worth nothing!

Have you seen any other threads on this here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm ELITE and here are the perks I get, as I just looked them up...

Your Club Tier 

elite-tier-logo.svg

Elite

300 - 749 Club Points*

Benefits

• Complimentary Captain’s Club Daily Elite cocktail hour
  • Access to daily coffee lounge for exclusive breakfast
  • One complimentary bag of laundry
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one item
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • 10% discount at The Spa
  • 30% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Status Match with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society at Diamond Level
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fleuve51 said:

Cruisestitch. Stay tuned for that memo also as Celebrity continues to tweak  its business model so as to justify it’s increased pricing. 

Justify? With run away inflation and high fuel prices, and multiple shortages, I guess there might be reasons for price increases?  No need to tweak the business model really.  Maybe not in Canada but the USA is undergoing major price increases on just about everything.  I personally cannot imagine that cruise lines could hold the line on increased pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Fleuve51 said:

Where did you get this info?

I don’t think they have taken away any of the Captains Club benefits.  They have just stopped selling cruises without the All Included package. So if you book with all included it kind of defeats the purpose of the happy hour and free internet some get as an Elite perk. 

• Like 2

I agree that somethings became redundant, unless you still have all the bookings left from before, or unless you book with Blue chip club or unless you qualify for some of the other fare discounts that don’t include AI. But that doesn’t mean that there are no benefits.

Some people would say that one of the best benefit is that you have reciprocity as diamond with Royal Caribbean. That didn’t go away either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fleuve51 said:

When someone starts with "we are elite club members" I always 🙄😅 then I offer to buy them a drink from my AI package.  Cheers!

• Haha 7

Well I do think it is a bit crappy of X to have pretty much nullified the CC benefits. And for folks that are non-drinkers, I would think the increased price for AI doesn't sit well either. What might be nice is to add a (meaningful) perk or two for the higher CC members - say a deep discounted or comped dinner in a specialty restaurant. But I really wish they would offer sail only fares again.

• Like 4

There may be an exception with guarantee fares. I recently booked a Suite Guarantee and it came with no perks, but was significantly lower in price than if I had chosen a cabin that came with the all inclusive package. In this case the happy hour and internet benefit of Elite would come in handy. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Thanks 1

I think do to the promotion on this sale, they will not allow the same discounts for sail only. By the time you apply promotion to a sail only there probably would be a loss to the Cruise Line. Only AI for all just on this promotion.

20 hours ago, suec12 said:

Well I do think it is a bit crappy of X to have pretty much nullified the CC benefits. And for folks that are non-drinkers, I would think the increased price for AI doesn't sit well either. What might be nice is to add a (meaningful) perk or two for the higher CC members - say a deep discounted or comped dinner in a specialty restaurant. But I really wish they would offer sail only fares again.

Many agree with you here and bringing back a specialty dinner on a 7 night cruise would be nice.

22 hours ago, Fleuve51 said:

I do believe that ECM's and ECM+er's still receive 'FREE' HH drinks and discounted internet and gelato or did I not see the memo that these "Privileges" were discontinued, even though we are not at that level?

There have been threads discussing the changes in the above E & E+ perks, yet not discontinued.

Since when has 'cruise only' fares been the exclusive domain for E & E+ passengers?

Nothing has happened to your years of loyalty and when one intentionally or un-intentionally overlook the other items of note available to E & E+ X passengers, some of us may be missing something, please enlighten us further on these issues (with facts if possible)...

bon voyage

• Like 5

22 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I'm ELITE and here are the perks I get, as I just looked them up...

G - none of this can be true based on the OP's posting!!! LOL

Thank you for posting them, regardless of the perception and thoughts.

bon voyage

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

For some, this apparently is a tough pill to shallow...X corporate currently values a first timer booking a suite higher than a Zenith booking a non-suite

There isn't a fine line between a guest paying full cash fare for a suite and a loyalty guest receiving complimentary benefits for past stays. 

• Like 1