Is it time to replace Johnny Rockets?

I know that RC periodically changes out their upcharge restaurants on their ships, so I'm wondering if it isn't time to change out Johnny Rockets.  I know it's different than the others since it is an external brand, and I have no idea what type of arrangement RC has with Johnny Rockets, but it seems like it's getting stale, at least to me.  They have been on some RC ships for 20 years or so.  Does anyone else feel that it is time for a change?  If so, what would you like to see in its place?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wonder if they get paid or did pay for the brand. Might be the reason they won't change it.

In the end I am not sure why you would change it. Couldn't they just change up the menu? Wouldn't you replace it with basically the same type of restaurant anyways?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We always enjoy it once a cruise. Nice break from typical cruise food.

Same here, on every cruise there is a night where you don't feel like anything but some greasy fast food, its great those nights.  On oasis class ships I like the breakfast as well for a change of pace.

• Like 4

Recently on Navigator. JR  $9.95 or Playmakers $9.00 for burger only.  Jr only worthwhile because of unlimited food.  Playmakers has a awesome menu and great burgers.  Ship did not need both.  They should get rid of the Dog House and make JR express complimentary.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

If Guy Fieri ever got the RCI account, then I think they would close.  

Funny that Jamie Oliver's only restaurants is on a few RCI ships.  

Jamie didn’t do so well in his endeavors at home and shutdown a number of restaurants so it wasn’t conducive to a go forward branding opportunity.  

• Like 1

Just now, twangster said:

Jamie didn’t do so well in his endeavors at home and shutdown a number of restaurants so it wasn’t conducive to a go forward branding opportunity.  

yes I had heard that.  Which is why I a surprised it is still on say Anthem.  I live the restaurant so I am glad it is still on Anthem.

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I know that RC periodically changes out their upcharge restaurants on their ships, so I'm wondering if it isn't time to change out Johnny Rockets.  I know it's different than the others since it is an external brand, and I have no idea what type of arrangement RC has with Johnny Rockets, but it seems like it's getting stale, at least to me.  They have been on some RC ships for 20 years or so.  Does anyone else feel that it is time for a change?  If so, what would you like to see in its place?

Annoyed that they have started to have "premium" breakfast items for an upcharge vs. everything complimentary. E.g., the hamburger and eggs breakfast will now cost you $5. 

image.thumb.png.71f7f1d4d1be788d8f63741f60b4fc2f.png

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I had heard that.  Which is why I a surprised it is still on say Anthem.  I live the restaurant so I am glad it is still on Anthem.

I don’t think the US operations suffered the same fate and are a different corporate entity so I don’t think they could exit the contract.

Just now, twangster said:

I don’t think the US operations suffered the same fate and are a different corporate entity so I don’t think they could exit the contract.

well I for one am grateful.

Oh and thanks for your thread on Wonder.  I just watched her leave  on PTZ.  I leave in 3 weeks.

Hoping perhaps ice or water show is more complete and perhaps the parade too.

Go watch on You Tube the new IONA P&O ship.  wow really neat ship out of UK.  r

toodles

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I for one am grateful.

Oh and thanks for your thread on Wonder.  I just watched her leave  on PTZ.  I leave in 3 weeks.

Hoping perhaps ice or water show is more complete and perhaps the parade too.

Go watch on You Tube the new IONA P&O ship.  wow really neat ship out of UK.  r

toodles

Saw somewhere the parade was a go this week.  

16 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Recently on Navigator. JR  $9.95 or Playmakers $9.00 for burger only.  Jr only worthwhile because of unlimited food.  Playmakers has a awesome menu and great burgers.  Ship did not need both.  They should get rid of the Dog House and make JR express complimentary.

Yes I think they need to get rid of JR specifically on Oasis. The burger/bar food is overdone between Dog House, Playmakers, and JR all on the boardwalk. I’d love to see them change it up. Maybe a chopped salad place and or a Playa bowls. I think they need some lighter fresher options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heck, no. I love it on Freedom class. Sitting at an outside booth with a chocolate- cherry soda, some onion rings, and whatever burger turns me on at the moment is a treat I always look forward to. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Keep them and make it free like Guy's are on those "Fun Ships."

yes now you are talking.  All the burgers are freshly cooked and hot.  and the fries are YUMMY hot and good.  I did the Vista and Guys was the busiest place always.  YUM..

• Like 2