NCL site problem

styles27

Hi I searched via search engine on here but couldn’t find an answer 

I’m new to NCL and can’t login on their website but I can login on their app. 

I keep getting a “login or password is incorrect” message even after I’ve done the “username reminder email” and “reset password email” it won’t accept the username it’s reminding me I have 🤔

I’m very used to MSC’s horrid website but didn’t expect it from NCL

Is it just me or is everyone having a problem logging in on their site this morning?

I have problems all the time. In the past I had a username, now it only lets me log in with my full email address. Their website has been glitchy all day today though. I've been trying to price check my booked cruises and when you get to the summary page it says my cost is $0. Sadly, it won't let me book it though or I would schedule us for a different trip every month for the next 2 years.

Try using the full email that you get your invoices and newsletters from them sent to as your user name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I keep getting a “login or password is incorrect” message even after I’ve done the “username reminder email” and “reset password email” it won’t accept the username it’s reminding me I have 🤔

Is it just me or is everyone having a problem logging in on their site this morning?

As Sailing12Away stated, NCL has made some changes in their login procedure.  If you previously had used some form of your actual name as your "account name" you now must use your email address instead.  Most of the affected accounts were changed by NCL in June of 2021.  I don't think NCL has made a public announcement of the reason for the change, but it seems likely that it was done to reduce the possibility of identity theft.  Persons who used their Twitter name, amateur radio license ID, or some other pseudonym as their "account name" may not have been affected by the change.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I have problems all the time. In the past I had a username, now it only lets me log in with my full email address. Their website has been glitchy all day today though. I've been trying to price check my booked cruises and when you get to the summary page it says my cost is $0. Sadly, it won't let me book it though or I would schedule us for a different trip every month for the next 2 years.

That sounds like a 🐀 may be chewing on the cable.  I've gotta try and book some of those $0 cruises. 😄

• Haha 3

Thanks everyone! I ended up calling because I got locked out from trying too many times. 
I had the correct username according to the tech on the phone and I couldn’t get my email to work either. 
He did something on his end, sent me a link and I was finally able to login. 

Fingers crossed it’ll stick 🤞

I completed my on line check in.

Do our cruise docs get sent to me closer to my sail date? I’m 19 days out from cruising. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Do our cruise docs get sent to me closer to my sail date? I’m 19 days out from cruising. 

eDocs should show up a day or so after you complete your checkin.  Sometimes you'll get an email saying they are ready but it's best to just go to your account to print them.  You have until 72hrs before your cruise to access them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had trouble this morning.  Firefox traditionally gives it problems, so I use Chrome. Regardless, it didn't work.  Just checked.  It's working fine now. Must've been site-wide issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

I had trouble this morning.  Firefox traditionally gives it problems, so I use Chrome. Regardless, it didn't work.  Just checked.  It's working fine now. Must've been site-wide issue.

I also tried to login just now.  With Firefox and Chrome I also encountered the error message about an incorrect login or password.  With Edge, it appeared to accept my login, but then displayed an "Error 404 - Page Not Found" message.  This happens occasionally with NCL.  It probably means that the NCL IT folks are performing a system update.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 2

I'm trying to price a cruise and can only get so far before the site returns an error. I tried to view prices from a 3rd party booking site and they have problems communicating with NCL server. So, we wait...

~Denise

• Like 1

I'm having same problem. I had my email as the username. I went ahead and reset password and after it said "Success!", I got sent in the same loop and when tried to reset again it said my name and email did not match. I sent an email to account services. Hope it works!

• Like 1

I had no issues this morning but now it keeps telling me username or password is incorrect.  I did the request to change password but it still tells me it is incorrect.  Was going to change password again and now it’s telling me there is no account on file that matches my name or email.  I’ll just try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, styles27 said:

I can log into the laptop site, but can't on my app lol    ugh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

I am having the exact problem. I thought I heard from someone here that they work on the site on Sunday. I’m hoping by tomorrow it’s working for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HxFx said:

I'm having same problem. I had my email as the username. I went ahead and reset password and after it said "Success!", I got sent in the same loop and when tried to reset again it said my name and email did not match. I sent an email to account services. Hope it works!

That’s exactly what was happening to me. So far it’s ok since the tech somehow bypassed that message I kept getting and sent me a direct link. He then stayed on the phone while I tried logging in and it worked. 
I hope everyone on here who was also encountering problems is having better luck now. 

• Like 1