Princess Plus Package

lost4sure

5 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

Hello Cruisers,

I am sure this question has been answered but I can't find it.  Does it includes canned soda or Perrier water? gelato? or milkshakes?

Thanks in advance

Princess Plus is a pricing option that includes Internet access, crew appreciation (gratuities) and the Premier Beverage Package. - it's not a beverage package in and if itself..

The Premier Beverage Package details right here:

"The Premier Beverage Package

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.

Package Details and Qualifications

Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.

The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.

The package may be pre-purchased up to four days prior to boarding the vessel.

The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.

The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within three days of sailing.

The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.

The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within three days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.

Can NOT be used for Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.

Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.

Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.

Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.

Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.

Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Terms and Conditions

Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.

Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.

Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.

Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.

Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:

Become intoxicateded

Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package

Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff

Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply."

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Click Terms and Conditions..

Yes, includes sparkling water (San pellegrino and Perrier, club soda, soda water)), no does not include canned soda, but does have a discount on canned sodas. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

Have a cruise booked, on Regal from Athens this July. Booked the Princess Plus Package, and so my teenage son will get the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. 
The thing is though, that he doesn’t drink soda, he only drinks sweet ice tea (peach) .. and as no canned or bottled items are included? I guess he doesn’t really get any use of his drink package? 

Also. There aren’t any Milkshakes (included/with the drink package) on Regal? 

2 hours ago, phe8800 said:

Have a cruise booked, on Regal from Athens this July. Booked the Princess Plus Package, and so my teenage son will get the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. 
The thing is though, that he doesn’t drink soda, he only drinks sweet ice tea (peach) .. and as no canned or bottled items are included? I guess he doesn’t really get any use of his drink package? 

Mountains are included in soda package

14 hours ago, phe8800 said:

Maybe, you can convince him to broaden his horizons. 🤷‍♀️

On 4/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, reedprincess said:

Princess Plus is a pricing option that includes Internet access, crew appreciation (gratuities) and the Premier Beverage Package. - it's not a beverage package in and if itself..

The Premier Beverage Package details right here:

"The Premier Beverage Package

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.

Package Details and Qualifications

Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.

The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.

The package may be pre-purchased up to four days prior to boarding the vessel.

The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.

The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within three days of sailing.

The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.

The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within three days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.

Can NOT be used for Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.

Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.

Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.

Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.

Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.

Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Terms and Conditions

Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.

Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.

Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.

Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.

Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:

Become intoxicateded

Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package

Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff

Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply."

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Click Terms and Conditions..

Yes, includes sparkling water (San pellegrino and Perrier, club soda, soda water)), no does not include canned soda, but does have a discount on canned sodas. 

I drink diet coke.  Always given a can from the bar without being charged for it because the diet is not available as fountain. I actually go to a couple different bars on the way to the room and get extra cans for the frig in the cablin.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

I drink diet coke.  Always given a can from the bar without being charged for it because the diet is not available as fountain. I actually go to a couple different bars on the way to the room and get extra cans for the frig in the cablin.

I don’t think that this is true. I just left the Discovery and I only drink one or two margaritas a day so I ordered Diet Coke at many bars and the buffet every day. They never once told me that they didn’t have fountain diet. I can’t believe that they would give anyone sugar without telling them. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

Celebrity & Holland have cans in their drink packages.  Princess has fountain drinks in their packages. You have to pay for cans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

This has not been true on any cruise I have been on, Princess or other lines.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

Diet Coke has been available as a fountain drink. Which ship? Maybe on your ship & voyage they were out of the diet fountain soda so they provided cans as a sub.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Delete sorry

just ask the Mods to remove the posts you object to.

I assume OP was mixing up Princess with the other cruise lines.

Actually, The OP was the one asking if the drink package included can soda, Perrier water, gelatos  or milkshakes. It wasn't until another poster started it with

21 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

I've only been on like 10 princess cruises and have never seen them run out of a fountain item like that before....not saying it couldn't happen, just saying I've never been that lucky they'd run out of it and give me cans instead 🤣

• Thanks 1

Hi,

never cruised with Princess before but about to plan to do so.

Princess is seen as a premium cruise segment operator and if i buy the premium beverage package (note the repeated use of premium😉) soda cans are not included?

I guess there was a board of marketing people who worked on this several weeks😉

What do they think? The cost of the package incl. service charge is close to 70$ per day and a can of soda is worth less than 50 cent. What is their fear? I take soda cans to my cabin or even worse pass it to another person?

What about iced tea in cans? Is this considered soda as well? In the premium segment  one could expect home/ship brewed tea and lemonade is served. But i guess this is not available. Milkshakes are included, but not served on royal class ships? Well royal seems to have the same conotation as premium. Hope Princess has strength in other areas.

I‘m not brave enough to ask if there is some british cider served, Thatchers, Bulmers or something like that. And if so , is it covered by the package?

cheers

MouseBerry

1 hour ago, MouseBerry said:

Princess is seen as a premium cruise segment operator

Seen by who ?

It is nowhere near a premium operator.  Just a middle of the road cruise line with prices to match.

Hi,

just lookup the inet for premium cruise lines and Princess is consistently mentioned next to HAL and Celebrity. But you are right as this is marketing speech. From the pricing Princess is more like MSC. But first i have to try a cruise with them. 

Not to serve soda cans with a costly premium beverage package backs your view that it is not a premium cruise line.

cheers

MouseBerry