The new Diamond voucher system is such a blessing

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm another that likes the flexibility to use the vouchers anytime, anywhere. We like to have a drink and maybe an hors d' oeuvre before dinner. The Diamond Lounge is still packed during Happy Hour. So, depending on the location of the Diamond Lounge we'll grab some nibblers and maybe a drink and find a place to enjoy them before dinner.

Recently off Navigator. DL was for Pinnacles only during happy hour, walked in there by mistake and saw it was completely empty during HH. D and D+ were given the complete cosmopolitan club every night for the HH party. This was the scene every night during HH. Actually saw them turn non D members away who wanted a drink before entering Izumi. We just stoped in for Apps and a quick Martini every night. Two of the four nights they never dinged the  vouchers. DL is slowly losing it's appeal. 

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.5a3c213145642e03391180b9cba5fc27.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.360daa2f7e57671891a7b92d82447ecb.jpegIMG_5341.thumb.jpeg.8d3b0077a03bed71d84d1ae58e86a2c1.jpeg

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

I just think Diamond members will feel that they have more value if they wish to book a suite.  I wasn't implying that they would be overly obsessed with alcohol.  Just that being able to use vouchers whenever they like complements their time in the concierge lounge rather than clashing with the same time in the Diamond lounge.  

I think that people who are going to book a suite are going to book a suite, regardless of C&A level.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am not a big drinker at home and as a frugal Diamond member who normally stays in a cave, err, interior cabin, DW and I would spend quite some time in the DL every night. We enjoyed it for reasons in addition to the free drinks (she doesn't even really drink).

All that said, when we are given 8 free drinks per day combined, you can be sure we will order 8 drinks per day! 🤣 (And will even do so next month when we will have a suite for the first time ever).

• Like 1

We just stayed in a suite on Harmony with 4 diamond vouchers.  With 4 free drinks per day, plus free SL happy hour drinks, plus free beer/wine in the SL 11-11, we have not purchased the DBP.  Ended up paying for 5 drinks at <$60 total.

The other nice change is that there was no limit in what alcohol you specify for SL happy hour drinks, other than what they have in stock.  No more short list of included alcohols/wines.

• Like 1

On Mariner right now and we love the vouchers. I just wish they would quit using our vouchers for sodas. Even when we tell them to charge us for the soda they still use our vouchers. We went to guest service 3 time due to this. We're still waiting for our folio to be corrected.

2 minutes ago, 996turbos said:

On Mariner right now and we love the vouchers. I just wish they would quit using our vouchers for sodas. Even when we tell them to charge us for the soda they still use our vouchers. We went to guest service 3 time due to this. We're still waiting for our folio to be corrected.

Make them bring you a slip to sign before you leave the bar.  Then you'll know that they charged you. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

As a solo traveller I like going to the DL. I've met so many interesting and fun people there! Notice I did not say LMPs - (like minded people if you must know LOL!!)

We will still frequent the DL if others do as well. We enjoy meeting people there too. Even when we cruise Celebrity, we go to the nightly loyalty event even though we have unlimited drinks. We've met a lot of nice friends over the years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Yup...sad to see all that liquor being poured on the counter when the Bionic bartender misses the glass.

I wonder if they had a collection bucket underneath there somewhere...that would make for a nice drink. 😁

In college it was called a "Whop-A-Toolie". Everyone brought a bottle of something and poured it into a bucket. Always tasted good and lasted for days....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

<<<SNIP>>>

We spent our Happy Hour in the VCL on EX...love sitting at the circle bar with that sweeping view, especially nice at sail away.  🙂  Boarding Mariner on the 7th, which will be our go to HH spot again.  

Too bad all DL's are slowly being relocated to the "bilge". Only good ones left are all the Serenade class, all the Freedom Class and only 3 of the Voyager Class: Mariner, Adventure and Explorer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Too bad all DL's are slowly being relocated to the "bilge". Only good ones left are all the Serenade class, all the Freedom Class and only 3 of the Voyager Class: Mariner, Adventure and Explorer.

Allure has also been spared... for now.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Allure has also been spared... for now.

True! But it still doesn't have the great view of the Viking crown area affords. On our last Alaska trip it was so nice to hang out in the DL for the views!!

(Agree with your "for now" assessment) 🙂

1 hour ago, RoyalCaribbeanLover said:

Do the drink voucher roll over to the next day if you don’t use them all?

No, but you can stop at a bar before midnight and use up your remaining vouchers with unopened cans of soda, water, beer, etc., to take back to your room to put in the cooler.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Recently off Navigator. DL was for Pinnacles only during happy hour, walked in there by mistake and saw it was completely empty during HH. D and D+ were given the complete cosmopolitan club every night for the HH party. This was the scene every night during HH. Actually saw them turn non D members away who wanted a drink before entering Izumi. We just stoped in for Apps and a quick Martini every night. Two of the four nights they never dinged the  vouchers. DL is slowly losing it's appeal. 

Sadly I think we need to be careful with what we wish for with the flexibility and convenience that people have found with all day vouchers. We weren't given a choice of course but Royal will know that the empty DL you photographed is being replicated probably across the fleet and that the vast majority of vouchers are being used around the ship in locations other than the DL.

I love Royal but the company builds staterooms in spare spaces in ships gym and old voyager class night clubs so I can't see the DL surviving, hope Im wrong. 

Edited by Tin can

Okay I have to ask, getting ready to do a Back2back on the Allure in 10 days. As diamond members do we get 4 drinks each on the last day for the first cruise then an additional 4 drinks the same day for the next cruise as we re-embark …. seeing some mimosas for breakfast if this is the case

13 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

As diamond members do we get 4 drinks each on the last day for the first cruise then an additional 4 drinks the same day for the next cruise as we re-embark

Yea, though the number of places to use them in the morning will be very limited. 

7 hours ago, John&amp;LaLa said:

I've had a problem or two when we have different cabin numbers

This sounds like a good reason on roll calls not to give out cabin numbers when on the same ship as John and Debbie.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We have still never used up all our vouchers per day...and it wasn't for a lack of trying.  😉 

When we find ourselves at the end of the evening with extra drink coupons, we take them as unopened to go beers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

In college it was called a "Whop-A-Toolie". Everyone brought a bottle of something and poured it into a bucket. Always tasted good and lasted for days....

We did the same thing in the military. :classic_smile: 

• Haha 1