EZ Air nightmare - help!

Lobstermobster

So I went to our reservation today and when looking at info on our flights booked with EZ Air for our cruise departing next Monday, I kept getting an error message stating our flights had changed and we would be notified. So I called Princess and got no help just a response to wait for an email. I’m not one to wait around so I used the confirmation number to look up our flights on Delta. And sure enough the times have changed and we are now scheduled to arrive 3 hours after the ship leaves!!! I’ve been on the phone with Princess for the past two hours trying to get answers but all they will say is “we have submitted a form to the air department”. I demanded a supervisor and am still holding. I need answers - we leave in 9 days!!! Anyone else been through this - what should I expect that Princess will do? Should I be buying my own air at this point? It’s so expensive now. I would love some advice and for someone to tell me this will all be ok!!

7 minutes ago, Lobstermobster said:

So I went to our reservation today and when looking at info on our flights booked with EZ Air for our cruise departing next Monday, I kept getting an error message stating our flights had changed and we would be notified. So I called Princess and got no help just a response to wait for an email. I’m not one to wait around so I used the confirmation number to look up our flights on Delta. And sure enough the times have changed and we are now scheduled to arrive 3 hours after the ship leaves!!! I’ve been on the phone with Princess for the past two hours trying to get answers but all they will say is “we have submitted a form to the air department”. I demanded a supervisor and am still holding. I need answers - we leave in 9 days!!! Anyone else been through this - what should I expect that Princess will do? Should I be buying my own air at this point? It’s so expensive now. I would love some advice and for someone to tell me this will all be ok!!

If you leave next Monday then your flight should be ticketed.  Have you tried calling the airline directly? It was their schedule change that caused your issue.

• Like 2

We had our flights booked to a time that was not allowable for the cruiselines and my travel agent was very instrumental in getting the flights fixed for the original price we booked.  Because one way of the flight was changed, they ended up canceling both of them before my TA got new flights rebooked.  

Call delta.  Have a plan for another Delta flight that will work, or one on another carrier since the delay is presumably greater than four hours.  If you’re ticketed and paid, this is all on the operating airline. 

• Like 3

Not that unusual especially now.  Two weeks ago I had a flight on AA changed 48hrs before the flight.  Had booked a 3 hour nonstop thru EZair that AA cancelled and AA rebooked me on a 10hr 2 stops with plane changes.  After 3 hours on the phone with AA finally got a flight a day early that was workable.  Airlines are cancelling flights like never before.  

Like VibeGuy said call Delta directly.

• Like 1

Well my thanks to my wife absolutely refusing to be shuffled aside by Princess and assertively insisting in speaking with someone who could address the situation finally got through to someone in their actual air booking department. Three phone calls and nearly 4 hours invested and our entire party is rebooked on Air Canada with appropriate flight times. And we love Air Canada. So it appears to be resolved but not without considerable effort, time and refusal to be put off by the first four people we spoke to. Lesson learned - you gotta really push back!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

My guess is that Delta changed the times and that’s what you were seeing before the ezair department even had a chance to change flights for you. They were probably busy making corrections for people leaving in the next two days, hence your long wait time.

• Like 2

I suspect that a lot of what @CineGraphicsays could very well be the case.  This definitely sounds like it could all be attributable to Delta scheduling.  I fly almost 100% Delta.  On occasion they have made drastic changes such as this against one of my reservations...but I guess I've been lucky and I've always been able to make adjustments through their medallion support line.  That being said...I wish there was a better way to get hold of the EZAir people.  There *used* to be a direct line you could call...but I think that was maybe 5 years ago.

10 hours ago, Lobstermobster said:

Well my thanks to my wife absolutely refusing to be shuffled aside by Princess and assertively insisting in speaking with someone who could address the situation finally got through to someone in their actual air booking department. Three phone calls and nearly 4 hours invested and our entire party is rebooked on Air Canada with appropriate flight times. And we love Air Canada. So it appears to be resolved but not without considerable effort, time and refusal to be put off by the first four people we spoke to. Lesson learned - you gotta really push back!

What a concept, customer service actually doing their job! Kudos to your wife for not giving up and making them actually do their job.

• Like 4

In our case, Princess hasn’t updated there flight schedule with the airline schedule.  It has been like this for the last month now. Luckily I check with the airline app for the latest flight time. 
I'm not sure what’s up with Princess these days. 

Something happened to me . princess was no help the princess app still had the old flight on it.I called united and they got it changed for me. The flight was changed a week ago thur.princess said they couldn't help until it showed on their site. A week later it's til hasn't changed so I called united.

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I suspect that a lot of what @CineGraphicsays could very well be the case.  This definitely sounds like it could all be attributable to Delta scheduling.  I fly almost 100% Delta.  On occasion they have made drastic changes such as this against one of my reservations...but I guess I've been lucky and I've always been able to make adjustments through their medallion support line.  That being said...I wish there was a better way to get hold of the EZAir people.  There *used* to be a direct line you could call...but I think that was maybe 5 years ago.

Delta is a mess.  Not EZAir but 6 months ago we booked 1pm flights out of Vancouver  to fly home in May. Nice 1 stop get home before midnight flights. So far they have been changed (by Delta) to departing at 6am (on day of disembarkation, had to call and get that fixed), then to 7pm, and now recently 5pm. And to top it off, now they have reinstated the original 1pm flight we wanted, the one that they cancelled!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This type of last-minute problem is the very reason we always book a room in the departure city for the day before.  Sometimes we'll book two days before if there's a chance of experiencing jet lag.  Arriving the day before takes a lot of the stress away and we don't need to worry about weather or equipment trouble diverting out flights.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

In our case, Princess hasn’t updated there flight schedule with the airline schedule.  It has been like this for the last month now. Luckily I check with the airline app for the latest flight time. 
I'm not sure what’s up with Princess these days. 

I just discovered this isn’t Princess fault. I check other private website for air flights and they are the same as Princess schedule. The fault is with the airline not informing others of there updated schedule. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, cajinyank said:

Something happened to me . princess was no help the princess app still had the old flight on it.I called united and they got it changed for me. The flight was changed a week ago thur.princess said they couldn't help until it showed on their site. A week later it's til hasn't changed so I called united.

It could be the airline not informing Princess. I tested this out this morning with other ticket agency and they show the same as Princess. You should always check with the airline directly for any changes. 

• Like 1

We are dealing with the same thing with a Delta flight on May 29.  I went to the Delta site to check to see if I could get better seats (DH and I were not sitting together and would like to be).  The confirmation number that we were given doesn't work any more.  I got on a chat with Princess and they said "There has been a schedule change but it's not reflected in our system. Your flights will be updated soon."  We still have some time but it's making me just a little nervous....

I have Air Canada booked through EzAir for August.   Air Canada has changed one of the flight times 3 times.  I have received notification from Air Canada each time.  It took EzAir a couple of days to say there was a itinerary change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Delta is a mess.  Not EZAir but 6 months ago we booked 1pm flights out of Vancouver  to fly home in May. Nice 1 stop get home before midnight flights. So far they have been changed (by Delta) to departing at 6am (on day of disembarkation, had to call and get that fixed), then to 7pm, and now recently 5pm. And to top it off, now they have reinstated the original 1pm flight we wanted, the one that they cancelled!  

I had to check to make sure I hadn’t posted this in my sleep! Exact same situation. Our nice, easy 1:00 pm same day flight eventually morphed into a 3-stop nightmare. Until - suddenly - the original flight route was back. But Delta never told me, I found out myself after their latest ridiculous flight change. Took a very long call to Delta, but finally got rebooked on the route I had previously booked in November.  

I used to love EZAir but not anymore.  Our flights for our May cruise changed on the United website in February.  I waited a few weeks to see if it had changed on the Princess website but when it hadn't changed a couple weeks later I used chat.  The Princess agent did some checking and said that they hadn't gotten the change and would send a notice when the fixed it.  What's interesting is that during this time you're not able to modify the flights yourself even when you are outside the 45 day window.

This past Monday I finally got the notice, almost two months after the change was made by United.  I clicked the modify option to see if it was ticketed.  The ticketing request button was gone so I thought it had been ticketed.  But when I clicked the view eticket button it had an eticket error.  I waited a couple of days to see if the error would resolve itself and then when it didn't I used chat again on the Princess website.  The agent first said that the ticketing would happen 45 days before departure to which I said it's something like 35 days right now.  She said one minute then said it would fix itself eventually.  Then after pushing her further she said to call the main Princess number.

After having spent hours on hold to solve other problems that Princess created already this year I said that I'm very disappointed in Princess customer service and she apologized but then said there was no way for me to contact them directly.  It definitely has not been ticketed and I will probably try one more time to contact them before I turn it over to our TA to resolve.  She's been embattled as they all have over the past couple of years and still heavily discounts so I try not to add more to her plate unless absolutely necessary.

It seriously shouldn't be this difficult.  EZAir used to be easy and reliable.  Until they straighten out their internal messes I'm not going to book anything more through them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I booked a plane ticket through EZAir and the airline change the flight time (which I know through the airline app) however, Princess has not updated there flight time on there website.

Question - should I care that Princess hasn’t notify me?  

7 hours ago, lderochi said:

I had to check to make sure I hadn’t posted this in my sleep! Exact same situation. Our nice, easy 1:00 pm same day flight eventually morphed into a 3-stop nightmare. Until - suddenly - the original flight route was back. But Delta never told me, I found out myself after their latest ridiculous flight change. Took a very long call to Delta, but finally got rebooked on the route I had previously booked in November.  

So after reading your post, I decided to go for it and got on chat with Delta.  3 hours and 2 very nice and helpful agents later they have changed our flights at no additional cost back to essentially what we booked last October. . Oddly the YVR to CMH  flight showed as sold out even though each leg had seats available. They were able to make it work. Good job Delta! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

So after reading your post, I decided to go for it and got on chat with Delta.  3 hours and 2 very nice and helpful agents later they have changed our flights at no additional cost back to essentially what we booked last October. . Oddly the YVR to CMH  flight showed as sold out even though each leg had seats available. They were able to make it work. Good job Delta! 

If the flights have been paid for by Princess-  I always call Delta.   At this point, this flight is no different than any other ticket that you purchased on your own.  I would rather be the one in control of my flights.  I start by looking at the Delta website and decide what flight I want and then I call them and tell them that I can no longer make my cruise/connection/plans and tell them which flight I want to book.   It has worked for me 100% of the time.    If there aren't options on Delta then I call Princess because they may have to book with a different airline instead.