Anyone expecting changes to Diamond, Diamond + and Pinnacle drink vouchers?

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Ask the lounge host for decaf, they will set it straight. If that doesn’t work, speak with f&b manager or other white shirt of distinction. 

Rarely see decaf in the espresso machines. Almost never in my experience. Odyssey did, but that was a surprise.

As far as asking, all they seem to do is have a pot of decaf made available 

I was actually thinking about this issue  on our Symphony cruise.  Seems to me it's too simple to hit Diamond and receive 4 free drinks (8 per family per day).   If there is a change, I would expect Diamonds to receive 2 per day, D+ 4 per day, D+ with 370 points 5 per day and P remaining at 6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

I was actually thinking about this issue  on our Symphony cruise.  Seems to me it's too simple to hit Diamond and receive 4 free drinks (8 per family per day).   If there is a change, I would expect Diamonds to receive 2 per day, D+ 4 per day, D+ with 370 points 5 per day and P remaining at 6.

That sounds like a suggested change from either a D+ (w/370 pts) or a P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to the drink vouchers RCL just did the needed changes and they are here to stay. They removed the happy hour unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounges to avoid those gatherings for people spending all the happy hour drinking non stop. Hence, with this they tackled as well the overcrowding of that venue and are also still saving costs. Hence, this voucher situation looks like a win win and will be here to stay.

Anyway, what we might see happn eventually is that we will see RCL also adapting the all inclusive model and integrate drink packages, at least a more basic one, into all cruise fares, simmilar to what X is doing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Anyway, what we might see happn eventually is that we will see RCL also adapting the all inclusive model and integrate drink packages, at least a more basic one, into all cruise fares, simmilar to what X is doing.

I brought that up when Celebrity rolled this out, but I don't see this part happening on Royal

3 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

I brought that up when Celebrity rolled this out, but I don't see this part happening on Royal

True, it's at least for the timebeing not fitting to the RCL model, as this would mean that cruise fares would need to be increased as well. Hence, it's like with flying Economy Class, you get a seat but most other extras you want you need to buy them seperately. X is then more the Business Class experience 😉

9 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

True, it's at least for the timebeing not fitting to the RCL model, as this would mean that cruise fares would need to be increased as well. Hence, it's like with flying Economy Class, you get a seat but most other extras you want you need to buy them seperately. X is then more the Business Class experience 😉

Each brand is an increase in service - Royal - upgrade to Celebrity - from Celebrity you upgrade to SilverSea.

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

For the average traveler, reaching Diamond is not “too simple”, requiring quite the financial commitment. $3-$4 per day in drinks is hardly a bank breaker for the cruise line 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I love the daily vouchers program  and hope that it  never ends. It is without a doubt my favorite Royal Caribbean perk. 

I like  not having to go to a loyalty lounge for a drink, I like  being able to order what I want, I like being able to use them anytime of the day, I like  being able to apply the $13 to a more expensive glass of wine, I like that they can be used on Labadee and Coco Cay and  I like that I can use it for a specialty coffee or even a bottle of water if I choose. 

m

Agree!  We recently sailed on the Harmony (in a suite) and ate at a up-charge restaurant most nights.  Between the UDP and our D+ free beverages we were able to sign a $0.00 check every night.  

15 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

Each brand is an increase in service - Royal - upgrade to Celebrity - from Celebrity you upgrade to SilverSea.

Seems like a massive downgrade to me.  Royal, has amazing entertainment, and things to do, not to mention a FlowRider or two, and an IFly.  Celebrity has ping pong and decent entertainment.  Silver seas has, a bunch of rich old people in wheel chairs?  

I, am not judging, but I think you have it all wrong, people are paying a lot more on Silver seas and get a lot less.

I will probably concede service, just because the people on Silver Seas require it.  🤣

jc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine that Royal will compare the drink perks for diamond and above to the lack of numbers for the drink package, with disregarding the price increase for the package, and blame that for a change? I can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cargopilot said:

Can you imagine that Royal will compare the drink perks for diamond and above to the lack of numbers for the drink package, with disregarding the price increase for the package, and blame that for a change? I can.

Can you also imagine Royal might compare current program (all day vouchers- number dependent on level) with the one that proceeded it (limited menu of happy hour drinks-unlimited in lounge plus 3 vouchers)?  I can.  I would not be surprised if they found with the old program they averaged higher beverage expenses and more staff hours per capita (D and above) than under the new one. And more complaints in the past, too, as lounges were often overwhelmed.

Financial times are tough, of course, so it would not be surprising if loyalty programs take a hit.  They have been doing drinks for top tier members for a long time so it would surprise me if they cut them suddenly or severely.

Nope and don’t give the bean counters any ideas.  

We keep looking at jumping to other lines but the loyalty perks keep us booking with Royal.  9 booked right now.  Celebrity we are open to and might be all inclusive but it’s also about 30% more even taking that into it.  If we go back to Princess no drinks at all,  no pictures, no free bag of laundry, etc.  Princess cabins are smaller unless you get a mini suite.  Carnival’s not going to happen again.  We’ve done Viking but that’s only going to be some itinerary Royal doesn’t do as they are another price level altogether.  NCL, might give them a try when they come to Galveston as it’s been a long time.  Holland maybe someday but the demographic doesn’t fit us quite yet.

Bottom line Royals loyalty program works for us.  Just print me a compass please!

• Like 7

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Seems like a massive downgrade to me.  Royal, has amazing entertainment, and things to do, not to mention a FlowRider or two, and an IFly.  Celebrity has ping pong and decent entertainment.  Silver seas has, a bunch of rich old people in wheel chairs?  

I, am not judging, but I think you have it all wrong, people are paying a lot more on Silver seas and get a lot less.

I will probably concede service, just because the people on Silver Seas require it.  🤣

jc

It depends what you are looking for, yes on RCL you get all the additional entertainment and activities to do. On Silversea you get much higher service standards and better itinararies.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:28 PM, Plum Happy said:

Don't forget that not all Diamond or Diamond plus drink alcohol.  They offset those that do drink alcohol.

Exactly. My wife might have one drink a day, but that leaves me with seven. 😋

Why would they penalize cruisers that are loyal to their cruise line? They know there are other cruise lines we can go on but we stay loyal to Royal Caribbean. Big mistake in my option if they cut back on any of our perks. We have spent a lot of money cruising with them and they want us to continue. The cruise industry has taken a big hit with Covid and now the increase in buying products. To penalize us for that is a big risk they shouldn't take. We have cruised on the other cruise lines and if they do make changes we can always change our cruise line (which I don't want to.. I LOVE Royal).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Why are you interested in  RCCL?  RCCL is a family oriented cruise line and that won't change. 

M

Calm down, i have nothing against kids, I was just adding to the Silversea post.

I cruise 30 plus nights per year on Royal, and have kids and grandkids

On 4/27/2022 at 8:15 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

IMO there is  relation to what they are charging for the drink package or individual drinks to what they are giving away as perks.  The actual cost of those drinks hasn't changed and is still a fraction of what they charge

So true...I can buy a case of 24 Heineken 12 ounce bottles for ~$29 at my local Walmart, and that same case generates ~$230 on board (~$200 net revenue to the cruise line), and they probably get their provisions from the same wholesaler who supplies Walmart at~$20-$24/case.

IIRC, there are ~22 pours in a 750ml bottle of whiskey, and at ~$12/pour, they are generating ~$250/bottle for a well quality liquor that probably costs them ~$10/bottle.

An old truism - "it costs more because we charge you more"🤑

On 5/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, LXA350 said:

It depends what you are looking for, yes on RCL you get all the additional entertainment and activities to do. On Silversea you get much higher service standards and better itinararies.

Not to mention the difference in food quality. 

I don't see any changes, except, perhaps they might make 340 points an official tier, rather than a virtually uncredited semi-tier

Then, there may be additional changes

For now, I think they probably got away with what reductions to benefits they could with the Covid excuse

On 5/3/2022 at 4:06 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Nope and don’t give the bean counters any ideas.  

We keep looking at jumping to other lines but the loyalty perks keep us booking with Royal.  9 booked right now.  Celebrity we are open to and might be all inclusive but it’s also about 30% more even taking that into it.  If we go back to Princess no drinks at all,  no pictures, no free bag of laundry, etc.  Princess cabins are smaller unless you get a mini suite.  Carnival’s not going to happen again.  We’ve done Viking but that’s only going to be some itinerary Royal doesn’t do as they are another price level altogether.  NCL, might give them a try when they come to Galveston as it’s been a long time.  Holland maybe someday but the demographic doesn’t fit us quite yet.

Bottom line Royals loyalty program works for us.  Just print me a compass please!

I absolutely agree, the loyalty program on Royal out does most! Will still get the drinks package on my next cruise however, after that one we jump a tier to D+ and will go without the drinks package to see how we go..