On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that is different than a cardboard cup for a beverage.   When I read his post I missed the fact it was a soup cup not a coffee cup.     

If a person in quarantine asked for a whole pot of coffee (rather than just a cup, as I might if I were quarantined) and they are only using disposable supplies, perhaps they substitute a soup container for a coffee pot and deliver that along with the usual cardboard coffee cup.  Not ideal, but nothing about the pandemic has been ideal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

It’s a virus. Do people throw away their linens at home when they get sick? 

And studies have shown COVID virus doesn't linger on surfaces.  It's transmitted via breathing.  Recent variants are more transmittable than earlier ones but appear to have less severe symptoms for most people.   Unless you have immunization issues or premorbid conditions--and are over 60, the CDC and WHO need to start pushing COVID procedures similar to flu.  Total isolation doesn't work (see China). Ships should start carrying therapeutics to help those testing positive once on board.  

For the OP...hope your wife recovers.  I'm sure you felt it was a nightmare in terms of logistics and the remainder of your cruise.  Unless your wife contracted her case on the 5th or 6th day of the cruise, most likely she picked it up pre-cruise but not soon enough to catch on pre-cruise testing.  So don't blame the ship for catching it.

22 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

So we’re sailing along, hit up Coco Cay, Nassau, sea day yesterday. Sitting at the comedy club at 11pm, wife leans over to me and says, “I’m going to the doctor”. Granted she had been battling a minor cold for a couple days, I had just gotten over a sinus infection, was put on z-pack on Thursday last week so finished on board, always had a negative test. We both tested negative on Friday morning.  
I finish up the comedy show, back to the room, she’s still down in medical waiting 45 minutes for a pcr test. Comes back positive. They put her in “the red zone” and I had to pack her stuff and a staff member picked it up from me at about 12:30am. 

Since we were already on the back end of the trip, Royal will not fly us home from Haiti (docked in Labadee today). Only options were to have her stay in a hotel in Florida to finish her 5 day quarantine or rent a car and drive back up north, we decided on the latter. Had to cancel flights, book a rental car, cancel transportation etc. 

Royal is giving us private transportation to MCO and reimbursing up to $150/day for the rental, $250/night in hotel and $100pp/pd for food. 
That’s the good news. Bad news is they’re treating her like a dog, coffee in a cardboard soup container, and crappy food from room service. Asked for tea in a mental carafe and a mug, they said that’s not protocol. She still hasn’t gotten her tea an hour later!!!! Fuming and beyond pissed at how they are handling the situation, they need to be doing better, we think there is a major outbreak on this ship!  Good news, I tested negative so I’m free to roam the ship but couldn’t get off in Labadee today. 

So when I'm reading your story, you sound like a real straight up guy and caretaker.

8 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

Not being a tea drinker, I can only commiserate with the OP's wife. Personally, I'd be demanding a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks.

Tea is over rated unless you add lemon, honey, and a nice adult beverage. The wife likes B&B

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How is your Wife feeling?     Okay enough for the long drive home to NJ?

She’s feeling like garbage. The one major complaint is the lack of fresh air and the room service food is terrible and cold by the time she gets it. We still have the UDP for her and she will order from a specialty restaurant tonight so hopefully that will be better. Thank you so much for asking! Really means a lot, especially when people don’t care how she feels and just criticizes things said as usual on here

• Like 9

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

How would that be faster 🤔 

Not like there's a self serve tea kettle store onboard😉

You would be surprised what a $10 or $20 bill can get you in the hands of the Windjammer Manager. 😉

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You would be surprised what a $10 or $20 bill can get you in the hands of the Windjammer Manager. 😉

That's not where tea kettles are. Housekeeping has those.

And you might be surprised what a name tag will get you. 

But it won't help break covid protocols. One of which is no visitors. I think.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

She’s feeling like garbage. The one major complaint is the lack of fresh air and the room service food is terrible and cold by the time she gets it. We still have the UDP for her and she will order from a specialty restaurant tonight so hopefully that will be better. Thank you so much for asking! Really means a lot, especially when people don’t care how she feels and just criticizes things said as usual on here

Are you allowed to visit her? I'm guessing no.

35 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Never understood why they have to move folks to OV cabins.  A little fresh  air  helps if  one is not feeling well.  Hope she gets relief soon.

M

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

When I was quarantined in 2018 for the flu, they not only allowed my husband to stay with me, they let him out and around simply because he told them he had the flu vaccine.  Times have changed.  I feel for you guys as it was awful when he wasn't with me.  I cant imagine how lonely you two must be.  Once this is over, make plans for the 2 of you for a nice b and b somewhere for the weekend.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never understood why they have to move folks to OV cabins. 

$ and that's the section of the ship which may been the easier to modify for COVID quarantine (the air supply requirement which was just dropped).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's not where tea kettles are. Housekeeping has those.

And you might be surprised what a name tag will get you. 

But it won't help break covid protocols. One of which is no visitors. I think.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

But the Windjammer Manager surely knows who to call to get you one real fast.......

In the first place it's crazy for the husband to be roaming all over the ship anyway when he has been in close contact with his wife.

People on this board don't even want positive people to be quarantined, so soon positive people will be allowed to just fight it off in their own cabins like coming down with the flu on a cruise.

That's is what people on this board want to happen.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

But the Windjammer Manager surely knows who to call to get you one real fast.......

In the first place it's crazy for the husband to be roaming all over the ship anyway when he has been in close contact with his wife.

People on this board don't even want positive people to be quarantined, so soon positive people will be allowed to just fight it off in their own cabins like coming down with the flu on a cruise.

That's is what people on this board want to happen.

Kinda setting your expectations pretty low

I'm fine with quarantine. I'm not fine with people living in denial

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I agree with  last sentence but probably only about 1/4 of the people on this site agree with still having quarantines, the other 3/4 just say let fly .

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

When I was quarantined in 2018 for the flu, they not only allowed my husband to stay with me, they let him out and around simply because he told them he had the flu vaccine.  Times have changed.  I feel for you guys as it was awful when he wasn't with me.  I cant imagine how lonely you two must be.  Once this is over, make plans for the 2 of you for a nice b and b somewhere for the weekend.

This i a point I have been remiss in bringing up.

Do you recall your room service diet. I do from being quarantined with Noro. All the jello and broth I could want. Clear liquid diet. No cold lobster. Good times. 😉

And there were hundreds of us in the same boat, so to speak.

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What did people do before Covid who got sick? Just stayed in their room, correct?

1 hour ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

My wife and I are in the last days/stages of Covid recovery.  I said to her, I could not imagine how it would feel to be on a ship with how we feel here at home. I think the fresh air could be a big benefit that she is missing. 

As for food, our appetites has been off.  I’m sure if a steak was placed in front of me I’d try it, but it is definitely not what I’m craving.

I hope your wife feels as good as possible, and that you remain negative for your trip home. 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

What did people do before Covid who got sick? Just stayed in their room, correct?

Depends on illness I guess. Noro was in cabin quarantine. But it transmits differently

10 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Bill, I post on here a lot.  I had a post removed simply stating how a sinus infection is diagnosed.  I never mentioned the forbidden subjects. So if you can explain to me what exactly is wrong with that, please let me know.

Your participation on a private website is completely voluntary.  You consented to following their policies.

So if you can explain to me what exactly is wrong with that, please let me know.

"Freedom of speech", LOL.

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Wishing you both all the best!
Thoughts and prayers! 🙏

Wouldn’t wish covid19 on anyone!
God bless you both.
We’re going soon and we’re going to be diligent.