On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Urine? Say what? I hope not because I took a sip of one. 🤮🤮🤮  Maybe I'm missing the joke?

You didn't miss a thing.  I would venture to say most people missed the humor of a failed attempt at a stupid joke....which is a good thing.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, B'Elanna said:

Come to Australia - no testing to enter required!

As long as things go as planned we will be there in October. It's been 5 years since we were there last. Beautiful country.

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

Didn't read the ENTIRE thread, but so sorry you had to go through it, BUT it DOES seem you made the most of it and maybe even had a little fun sharing with us.

We were on Grandeur this week and I LOVED getting to see Allure alongside at Cozumel.

Hope you both recover and have no long term side effects.

Hope you had a great cruise. 

55 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Sorry for your cruise being hampered by COVID-19. 
Safe travels home. 

take care. 

Thanks Sue. Hope you have a great cruise today. Say hi to Ana in the Schooner Bar. She had been in the Champagne Bar for the last 3 weeks, but Mike said he saw her up there a couple of days ago. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

😢😢 Hopefully, his symptoms will be very mild, and he'll be back on his Dream[liner] ASAP.

Stay well both of you !! 🤞   

Thanks. He was supposed to go to recurrent training on Monday but that will have to be postponed. I'm doing much better. It was like a cold for me. I'm just hoping Mike has mild symptoms like I did.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. He was supposed to go to recurrent training on Monday but that will have to be postponed.

Would that happen to be in Dallas?  If so, perhaps he & I have flown together out of MIA/FLL on the 73?  Long shot, but ya never know lol.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Never mind 

I'm just playing with you.

No, they got home last evening while we were out at dinner with 3 other couples in a very, very busy restaurant.  We saw them last Sat.  DS was in LA the prior week and got home a week ago Friday.  He assumes he was exposed while in LA.  DIL caught it from him a couple of days later.  The current strain that is going around (BA2) is very, very contagious but much, much milder.  It's doing what viruses do.  They get more contagious but less dangerous.

But,  even if we did see them, we wouldn't be the least bit worried about it.  I think people forget that they are exposed to all kinds of illnesses on a regular basis from complete strangers.   We are living our regular, normal lives and not the least bit concerned.

From everyone I know that has had it, even last year, the sinus infection I just had was a lot worse and lasted longer.

Edited by BND
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sad to say I think my orchid got covid also. At least now it will be a family affair. Also sad to say Mike tested positive today.😭  They wouldn’t let him move down here with me since it's the last day. We both talked to medical. I was told if it was the last couple of days they will keep the people in their regular cabin. The orchid enjoyed her last 3 weeks on Allure but the jury is still out on this one. I don't regret turning myself in even with how things turned out. I think if I had to stay any longer I'm sure she wouldn't keep trying to cater to me which is fine, but I also think there wouldn’t be a repeat like yesterday.

Sorry to hear about Mike. How is he feeling?

Drum roll please. 🥁  Here is my feast fit and enough for an army. 🦞  🥩  🥦 🥗  🍰  🥧 🍸

Again a monster salad and a ton of food. I asked for tea for later that's why the carafe is there. Not sure why she thinks I need 9 paper cups. Maybe she thinks I'm sashing people in here?

20220513_194744.thumb.jpg.75207b8a5e56673a7025771293d2ab6c.jpg

A cup of melted butter, cup of steak sauce and 3 chocolate martinis. Obviously my fancy table setting had to go.

20220513_194431.thumb.jpg.941d6b9520ed2211af454695ab4c6300.jpg

They’re overcompensating for the prior soup containers—flashing around a wealth of cups.

I’m glad you made it through the week. I hope you and your husband both feel better once you’re home.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BND said:

Anyway, the policy of INOVA, who she works for is health care workers,  is that if they test positive, but have no fever  they go to work.  She works in a Dr's office.   

Yep. Most people don’t know that healthcare providers were told this some time back. They are allowed to return to work, masked up, if there is a ‘shortage’ of workers. You can “translate” shortage any way you want. I work for a medical provider company, and remember getting the company-wide email on that. 

11 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Yep. Most people don’t know that healthcare providers were told this some time back. They are allowed to return to work, masked up, if there is a ‘shortage’ of workers. You can “translate” shortage any way you want. I work for a medical provider company, and remember getting the company-wide email on that. 

Not only that, I'm currently talking to my son.  Corporate policy (most companies have the same), as a Gov contractor is 5 days isolation and then he can go back to work wearing a mask for 5 days.  He can go back to work on Monday.  They're both trying to get PCR tests right now.  I'm thinking his may be negative by later today, but hers won't.  

Their shortage is that they can't have more than like one nurse out at a time without it really impacting them.  Now, she'll probably be handling phones (test results, talking to people with symptoms, etc), maybe telemed, but she will be in the office.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Not only that, I'm currently talking to my son.  Corporate policy (most companies have the same), as a Gov contractor is 5 days isolation and then he can go back to work wearing a mask for 5 days.  He can go back to work on Monday.  

I work at our corporate headquarters. Our policy is the same. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BND said:

Something that I know will shock some people is what my DIL who is a nurse just told us.  She and our oldest son just got back today from a trip to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach.  They both started with cold symptoms a day or two ago.  His were very, very mild.  Hers are a little bit more  than his but neither of them are really that sick.  They home tested and both are positive.  Anyway, the policy of INOVA, who she works for is health care workers,  is that if they test positive, but have no fever  they go to work.  She works in a Dr's office.   

My son in law is a nurse who works for the California Corrections.  A positive test doesn't preclude them from going to work. Symptoms must be severe enough to impede ability to function in job. A fever would be one of those symptoms and so would a severe cough.  My daughter was furious back when my son in law had to return to work Covid positive but their healthy children were zooming their school classes.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My son in law is a nurse who works for the California Corrections.  A positive test doesn't preclude them from going to work. Symptoms must be severe enough to impede ability to function in job. A fever would be one of those symptoms and so would a severe cough.  My daughter was furious back when my son in law had to return to work Covid positive but their healthy children were zooming their school classes.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense with the kids.  It's really been tough on them.  Of course, then we have the CDC  cruise lines policies which are way over the top.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Safe travels home to you and Mike. Hopefully his case is mild.

Thanks, so far it's mild. They got us from our cabins at 7:30 and we were home by 8:00. 

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Would that happen to be in Dallas?  If so, perhaps he & I have flown together out of MIA/FLL on the 73?  Long shot, but ya never know lol.

Yes Dallas. MIA 78's.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If it was a joke it was lost on me, too.

I think I got it, but it took me a while. I believe it's in a reference to if you aren't nice to your servers they will spit on your food. 🤢

1 hour ago, ocean sounds said:

Hope you and your husband continue to improve at home. 

Glad you were able to request Royal provide car ride home.

Thanks for your valuable quarantine feedback and pictures.  

take care,

Thanks I'm also glad they took care of it. We left from deck 2 with the other covid people. Right off the gangway they had a tent checking people off and putting them in the vehicles. It was well organized. Our driver was suited up in gloves, mask and a blue disposable surgical/hospital gown. He definitely knew he was dealing with covid. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense with the kids.  It's really been tough on them.  Of course, then we have the CDC  cruise lines policies which are way over the top.

The school thing has worked out for the best.  My daughter has quit her job and is now home schooling the kids.  This was just the impetus she needed to do what she had always wanted to do.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, so far it's mild. They got us from our cabins at 7:30 and we were home by 8:00. 

Yes Dallas. MIA 78's.

I think I got it, but it took me a while. I believe it's in a reference to if you aren't nice to your servers they will spit on your food. 🤢

Thanks I'm also glad they took care of it. We left from deck 2 with the other covid people. Right off the gangway they had a tent checking people off and putting them in the vehicles. It was well organized. Our driver was suited up in gloves, mask and a blue disposable surgical/hospital gown. He definitely knew he was dealing with covid. 

Thanks for this live review 😉 

I hope you and your husband are quickly better.  With the new protocols you are considered safe now.  I think 5 days and you can come out of quarantine.

• Like 2

I contacted GS today about getting home. When Mike told them he was going to get our vehicle and come back for me they thought it was in parking lot close by. I told them I didn't want to wait for Mike to go home and come back to get me. I also didn't feel comfortable taking Uber home being sick and not telling them. If I told them I was sick they probably wouldn't want to take us. He said they would take us home. Hope the driver is aware of our condition. We are supposed to be ready by 7:00 and they would get us between 7:00 - 7:30. We will see how that goes. Ready to see Mike and our fur babies. I know exactly where I'll be 5 minutes after I get home. In a recliner with one or more kitties on me. Depends on who goes to Mike and who comes to me. 🐈‍⬛ 🐈 🐈‍⬛

So hope that you will be home and in that recliner with the kitties soon. What a wild ride this has all been for you two; hopefully RCCL will learn something useful through the experiences you and others have had to better deal with these situations. Now you deserve a true vacation!

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here's my collection since lobstergate. This doesn't include utensils from dinner tonight.20220513_113926.thumb.jpg.25fecc8454cbc04446e246678e910670.jpg

Setting my table in anticipation of my feast that's yet to come. I have my different silverware (different lengths also), bread plate with butter knife and bread. Oops, but no butter. Why are the water glasses always larger than the red and white wine glasses. They obviously have that backwards and dessert silverware.

20220513_191101.thumb.jpg.dd96f4458b776118c2a1d1c1586b2f7e.jpg

Sorry to hear about you contracting Covid Renee.  I've been MIA, also on a cruise, though in Europe and did not have Internet, so late to the thread. 

On the topic of paper products  and plastic cutlery, I don't know why they haven't developed a proper kit for their quarantine guests. Proper plates, glasses, knives and forks with a cleaning kit for you to clean yourself . Similar to what quarantine hotels at airports had last year.  At least you would get to eat off proper equipment. 

Also definitely a kettle and big supply of coffee, tea etc so you can make a hot drink whenever.  A microwave would also be ideal to warm up food, but guess that may be a fire risk? They need to start thinking this through 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about you contracting Covid Renee.  I've been MIA, also on a cruise, though in Europe and did not have Internet, so late to the thread. 

On the topic of paper products  and plastic cutlery, I don't know why they haven't developed a proper kit for their quarantine guests. Proper plates, glasses, knives and forks with a cleaning kit for you to clean yourself . Similar to what quarantine hotels at airports had last year.  At least you would get to eat off proper equipment. 

Also definitely a kettle and big supply of coffee, tea etc so you can make a hot drink whenever.  A microwave would also be ideal to warm up food, but guess that may be a fire risk? They need to start thinking this through 

They don't even need to do that.  Covid is not spread by touch so they could use regular dishes/cutlery that could then be washed with everything else.  There is no reason for them to use paper and plastic except then they only have to pick up the trash instead of dishes.  I wouldn't want to have to clean my own dishes, especially in those small sinks.   But, either way, this whole thing reminds me of leper colonies which were found to be totally unnecessary, eventually.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've been MIA, also on a cruise, though in Europe and did not have Internet, so late to the thread. 

Oh, Sue, I was kind of "worried" about you. So glad your MIA was a cruise 😁 4 more weeks for us....

@ReneeFLL

Glad both of you are home safely. Now you have to tell us which cat "preferred" you 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2