Beware of going to Europe from the US

Make sure you  know  that  after your  Europe cruise  you must  have  a negative test  to return  to the  US.

We just did the  Wonder TA and many  people from the  United States got  covid on the  cruise.

This is a real  nightmare as  you cannot return to the United States without a  negative  test.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

Make sure you  know  that  after your  Europe cruise  you must  have  a negative test  to return  to the  US.

We just did the  Wonder TA and many  people from the  United States got  covid on the  cruise.

This is a real  nightmare as  you cannot return to the United States without a  negative  test.

Are you saying people traveled and didn’t know they had to test, or they were surprised they tested positive and didn’t have insurance, or plans?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

This has been in place for 18 months. How could you not know?  I'm praying they end the requirement very soon.

I was hopeful too, but numbers are climbing again. Now, North Korea is presenting with their results of their flawed "we got this" plan. I think it will be a while before the world is ready to back off on all the requirements, as much as we want them gone, they look like they will be here a while longer. 

• Like 4

Folks got positive tests on our transatlantic.  I was worried that we might get a positive test.  So, I double checked on changing our air reservations to Toronto, so that we could take the bus across the border to Buffalo and fly home from there.  If you are from the west coast, change your flights to Vancouver.

I am not going to stay in Europe for 10 days hoping that I get a negative test.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pretzlaff said:

Folks got positive tests on our transatlantic.  I was worried that we might get a positive test.  So, I double checked on changing our air reservations to Toronto, so that we could take the bus across the border to Buffalo and fly home from there.  If you are from the west coast, change your flights to Vancouver.

Great idea

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

i know and I anticipated this and only did USA departure on week 6.  I would be panicked if I was not allowed back into my country for a week or so.  Just awful.

I had an inkling in Feb of this year to cancel all European trips and was sad.

this whole subject overall is hard to discuss without arguing or offending anyone.

I feel the world of cruising won't be back to normal until 2024 and if that.

I have 6 more cruise out of USA and I will mask up and keep distance as much as I can.  

Sorry to hear about TA for Wonder OTS, but Celebrity Apex and Edge had issues as well as Rotterdam.

2 hours ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

What was your personal experience getting back to the US?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i know and I anticipated this and only did USA departure on week 6.  I would be panicked if I was not allowed back into my country for a week or so.  Just awful.

Maybe I'm just crazy but when I went to Italy in April, I was almost (not really, but kind of) hoping I'd test positive so I could stay another week! 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, texasweather said:

Maybe I'm just crazy but when I went to Italy in April, I was almost (not really, but kind of) hoping I'd test positive so I could stay another week! 😛 

May have not thought that with the price of hotel rooms there............

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

So Canada doesn’t require a negative test? Interesting 

• Like 1

Everyone should be prepared for the worst case that could happen to them well before they leave the US.   And of course they need to understand all testing requirements.  If they don’t, that is their own fault.  You need to be prepared to spend a lot of money on arrangements and know you may have to figure out a “plan B” if you come down with Covid while overseas. I don’t feel sorry for people who are too naive to understand the possible ramifications of their decision to travel abroad.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Everyone should be prepared for the worst case that could happen to them well before they leave the US.   And of course they need to understand all testing requirements.  If they don’t, that is their own fault.  You need to be prepared to spend a lot of money on arrangements and know you may have to figure out a “plan B” if you come down with Covid while overseas. I don’t feel sorry for people who are too naive to understand the possible ramifications of their decision to travel abroad.

So true not worth the risk. We will not be going to Europe in 2022. We will vacation in the US.

• Like 5

Hopefully this requirement will be lifted this summer.  Regardless, I'm aware of the ramifications.  I expect all to go well.  I am vaccinated plus boosted,  plus I had Covid with the Delta outbreak,  and likely had Omicron during its peak (symptoms never tested).  I am optimistic and excited to travel abroad.  If I get "stuck" and can't enter the US hopefully my health will be intact while I recover in Canada or Spain.  

I answered my own question that I should test in Spain before I travel to a layover in Canada destined for US.  While Canada does not require a negative test to enter, I am assuming the airline will ask for the test in Spain because of my final destination is in the United States?  

Anyone traveling abroad make sure to take sufficient meds should you have to quarantine for extra time.  I have heard of one spouse testing positive then go to guarantine in a hotel and another 5 days the other spouse tests positive.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LoriLoriLori said:

Hopefully this requirement will be lifted this summer.  Regardless, I'm aware of the ramifications.  I expect all to go well.  I am vaccinated plus boosted,  plus I had Covid with the Delta outbreak,  and likely had Omicron during its peak (symptoms never tested).  I am optimistic and excited to travel abroad.  If I get "stuck" and can't enter the US hopefully my health will be intact while I recover in Canada or Spain.  

I answered my own question that I should test in Spain before I travel to a layover in Canada destined for US.  While Canada does not require a negative test to enter, I am assuming the airline will ask for the test in Spain because of my final destination is in the United States?  

I'm excited to sail on my Arctic Circle itinerary in July. We'll deal with whatever may happen if/when the time comes. We'll live life as much as we can.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

Were there many people ill with Covid? Hope you stay negative. 

2 hours ago, LoriLoriLori said:

While Canada does not require a negative test to enter, I am assuming the airline will ask for the test in ( Athens for us) because my final destination is in the United States?  Or will they ask for it in Toronto when we board for US?  

Yep. This is why I booked an extra 7 nights post cruise in Copenhagen that I can cancel if needed. We disembark the 29th, plan to test, spend a night in Copenhagen, and then fly home (Detroit via JFK). I hope we can just negative on the 29th and be free and clear, but I didn’t want to be dealing with finding a hotel last minute at high prices. Better safe than sorry! However, I would miss an important medical procedure, so fingers crossed that as we both have had our 4 shots (he has two boosters, I have the three shot immuno compromised series plus a booster), and I had it in January, that we will be safe. We will be masking and distancing as able.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

If you have tested positive, you cannot enter into Canada , until you have quarantine for 10 days 

a positive test results  are sent to immigration in the country you are in , and are share with other countries 

on the Arrival Canada app they ask you if been in contact with someone with Covid  in the last 10 days

you might be able to get though or be stopped , a large fine if you lie and get caught