I gained 24 points on a 6 night cruise

Not pounds (thank God) but points. Not complaining at all just not sure how this happened. I did cruise solo so was expecting double points but I’ll take the additional 12 which has given me diamond status. Now I can visit the magic secret Diamond Club and better yet, claim my four drinks a day!

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Not pounds (thank God) but points. Not complaining at all just not sure how this happened. I did cruise solo so was expecting double points but I’ll take the additional 12 which has given me diamond status. Now I can visit the magic secret Diamond Club and better yet, claim my four drinks a day!

You unwittingly booked during the window for the double points promotion. I just got 18 for my 9-night cruise on Odyssey. 

I was unsure if we'd get double points on our Harmony JS cruise in April.  It had been originally booked on Symphony while on Anthem in 2019.  Then cancelled by us in 2020; rebooked on Harmony shortly thereafter and cancelled by them in 2021.  I knew we'd get double points being in a Junior Suite, but was unsure about quadruple points, as we were thisclose to D+.  Lo and behold, Royal came through for us and now we'll be D+ on our Oasis cruise in July.  Not losing much money on us, as rarely did we each have our four Diamond drinks daily -- more often than not, only two or three.  

Enjoy the DL!

We have been D+ for several years.   We have done 4 cruises since restart.  All were double points in a JS.  First b2b on HOTS we got 56 points and on EN b2b in April we got 80 points.  Our July cruise was booked outside the double points timeframe, but our Jewel b2b (13 days) is included so by the end of the year we'll have 543 pts.  We always stay in JS.  It's probably not too far off from what we would have had if there was no Covid and we had to cancel a b2b in late 2019 when I got hurt and had surgery for a broken ankle.  At the rate we cruise, we could make Pinn in 3 or so years unless they move the ball, which of course is entirely possible with how double points have created a lot of top tier cruisers.  

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

If your cruise was booked prior to Sept 30 2021, and you were solo in any category below a Suite, you got 4 points per night. If in a suite, you would have gotten 6. You didn’t say how long your cruise was. If it was booked after Sept 30 2021, you got lucky, and 🤐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

We booked last Sept and were in a suite in Allure recently. Our original booking was on a different ship and we moved it to Allure.  I was a little worried they wouldn’t apply the double points from the promotion and I’d have to waste time calling to get it sorted.  By somehow they applied it right and we got our 24

points (12 for the suite x 2 for the promotion).  You got the same for being solo.  

Congrats on becoming Diamond.  Each subsequent step is harder, but who cares.  Enjoy the journey and the rest is just gravy on top.   

27 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

If your cruise was booked prior to Sept 30 2021, and you were solo in any category below a Suite, you got 4 points per night. If in a suite, you would have gotten 6. You didn’t say how long your cruise was. If it was booked after Sept 30 2021, you got lucky, and 🤐

Title says 6 nights.

• Haha 1

I was "stuck" at 163 points when cruising halted.  Now at 309 points.  🙂  Four "solo" cruises (with no solo supplement!) for a total of 31 days (124 points) + 11 days shared cabin (22 points).  One more double points cruise in the fall (14 days = 28 points).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was "stuck" at 163 points when cruising halted.  Now at 309 points.  🙂  Four "solo" cruises (with no solo supplement!) for a total of 31 days (124 points) + 11 days shared cabin (22 points).  One more double points cruise in the fall (14 days = 28 points).

Wow that’s great!

I just squeaked in to Pinnacle status with 702 points.  I found out that if you move a cruise to a different cruise, and you booked during the double point window, the double points follow you to the new cruise.

I was on a 10 night Vision cruise in March as a solo, and got 40 points for it. 

I wonder if they will ever do that promo again?

• Like 4

Same here. 11 night cruise last February. Booked solo in an interior room. Got 44 points which put me now into Diamond status. I actually booked it a few days after the double points promotion ended but I got the double points anyway. I then did Royal Up into a balcony, was a great cruise.

12 hours ago, pcur said:

I just squeaked in to Pinnacle status with 702 points.  I found out that if you move a cruise to a different cruise, and you booked during the double point window, the double points follow you to the new cruise.

I was on a 10 night Vision cruise in March as a solo, and got 40 points for it. 

I wonder if they will ever do that promo again?

Only if Bookings bottom out(along with Royal's Profit's)again like during CV, only other time was similar was 10 Months after 9/11. Didnt give extra Points but Cruises were almost Free. Did a 5nite then for $9ea plus $50 Port ea, Total for Cruise $118. Paid for that whole Trip, Gas, Hotel, with half a Jar of Change. Also did 3 other Cruises during that period SOLO with no Single Supplement. 

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Had to book before 9/30/21.

I definitely booked way before then but it was based on a FCC from a cruise cancelled for Covid. Is there a way to check if we will get double points? Our TA is sick and her assistant is not particularly on top of things so I don't think they can help. We will be 2 points from Diamond on this cruise and were going to do a weekend cruise to make up the rest but it would be great not to have to do that since the timing is very inconvenient for family reasons. We are getting double points for a suite so I would assume it would result in 28 points (7x2 for suite and 7x2 for double points). 

4 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I definitely booked way before then but it was based on a FCC from a cruise cancelled for Covid. Is there a way to check if we will get double points? Our TA is sick and her assistant is not particularly on top of things so I don't think they can help. We will be 2 points from Diamond on this cruise and were going to do a weekend cruise to make up the rest but it would be great not to have to do that since the timing is very inconvenient for family reasons. We are getting double points for a suite so I would assume it would result in 28 points (7x2 for suite and 7x2 for double points). 

If you sail before 12/31/22, you should get the points promo.

6 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Is there a way to check if we will get double points?

Only when the points post after the sailing. The points promo does not depend on how you paid, only the book date (and other conditions).

Edited by Biker19