Elevator Noise

I've had a room adjacent to the elevator and heard nothing from the elevators.   We did hear some inconsiderate guests having loud discussions REALLY LATE at night in the hall which could happen anywhere.

• Like 4

On 5/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, 14 months and counting said:

We just received our cabin assignment on Celebrity Summit - Cabin # 8034.  This cabin appears to be right next to the elevators.  I am concerned we will hear bells ringing and door opening into the night.  What was your experience?

A note about the elevators on most Celebrity ships.  They are modern and very quiet.  They arrive and a colored light with an up or down arrow announces it is there.  You will have a bit of noise from doors opening or closing but not enough to be heard in the adjacent cabins - insulated by the elevator lobby walls.  We have stayed near elevators and my DW is very sensitive to noise and light.  She has never complained about the elevators.  Hopefully this will be a good choice for you.  A lot of folks prefer cabins not far from the elevator for mobility reasons.

• Like 1

We were on the Eclipse in a RS right next to the elevators.

Not only could we not hear the elevators, we could not even hear the music blasting from the Grand Foyer in the evenings that was pretty loud when in the hallway but once we shut our door, nothing.

Also cleaning staff would line up right outside our suite everyday yakking away loudly, and we couldn't hear that either.

Pretty good sound proofing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The issue with us  was not the elevator but people engaging in conversations.  People would often meet up there by the elevator and talk while waiting for others to arrive.  Then there are those  yelling into their cell phones or walkie talkies.  But there are major advantages with being so close to the elevator. 

On 5/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've had a room adjacent to the elevator and heard nothing from the elevators.   We did hear some inconsiderate guests having loud discussions REALLY LATE at night in the hall which could happen anywhere.

oh yes those folks are a gem are they NOT.  And teenagers and kids running stomping up and down the halls.  I swear folks those their minds and manners once they get on a ship.

Then again the alcohol flows a lot and the loud music too so I guess they are absent minded.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 7:54 AM, 14 months and counting said:

We just received our cabin assignment on Celebrity Summit - Cabin # 8034.  This cabin appears to be right next to the elevators.  I am concerned we will hear bells ringing and door opening into the night.  What was your experience?

I'd play some elevator music so that it drowns out the elevator noise 😉

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2022 at 4:19 PM, keesar said:

The issue with us  was not the elevator but people engaging in conversations.  People would often meet up there by the elevator and talk while waiting for others to arrive.  Then there are those  yelling into their cell phones or walkie talkies.  But there are major advantages with being so close to the elevator. 

This is not the fault of the elevator.

• Like 1

Elevators are electric; they don't make noise. The noise will more than likely come from the passengers heading to or from the elevators. Although, we have never had an issue as the hallway is pretty far away from the bed.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Maggie North said:

Elevators are electric; they don't make noise. The noise will more than likely come from the passengers heading to or from the elevators. Although, we have never had an issue as the hallway is pretty far away from the bed.  Enjoy your cruise!

We were by the elevator in  one of those rooms with a larger veranda.  There was no noise from people getting on and off the elevator.  There is a divider that does its job.  The noise in that area came from staff in the morning using the cleaning supply closet adjacent to our room.  

we’ve had SRs near elevators on all of the different class ships. Most of them aren’t really open to the elevator area, there is set backs and so on. As reported, you don’t hear the elevators. When you close your SR door, you can’t hear music that is coming up the common center area, and I’ve never heard any group at the elevator - yes, someone shouting down a hallway, and once had a SR across from a storage area where the stewards came in and out of and could hear a bit of bumping, and a few voices, but not that distracting at all…….to me.

And as to a few of the earlier comments, I’ve not see anyone with a ‘walkie-talkie’ in years. Back when, I got a kick out of someone shouting into the thing thinking it would work from one steel deck to another…..yeah, very effective……in driving everyone nuts around them. And yelling teens?? Nope….Yelling adult drunks, yeah. 

Just my observations. 

Den

On 5/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, TeeRick said:

A note about the elevators on most Celebrity ships.  They are modern and very quiet. 

That is no exaggeration at all.  I've missed elevators because I didn't realize one had arrived and opened.

That's no complaint, by the way!

Edited by DCPIV

35 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

we’ve had SRs near elevators on all of the different class ships. Most of them aren’t really open to the elevator area, there is set backs and so on. As reported, you don’t hear the elevators. When you close your SR door, you can’t hear music that is coming up the common center area, and I’ve never heard any group at the elevator - yes, someone shouting down a hallway, and once had a SR across from a storage area where the stewards came in and out of and could hear a bit of bumping, and a few voices, but not that distracting at all…….to me.

And as to a few of the earlier comments, I’ve not see anyone with a ‘walkie-talkie’ in years. Back when, I got a kick out of someone shouting into the thing thinking it would work from one steel deck to another…..yeah, very effective……in driving everyone nuts around them. And yelling teens?? Nope….Yelling adult drunks, yeah. 

Just my observations. 

Den

Well let's see.  Walkie-Talkies were invented and used in WWII.  Maybe some folks have upgraded to mobile smart phones by now.  And Tang was popular on the early Mercury flights.  But I have never seen it in the Oceanview Cafe.  Kidding aside, years ago before wireless networks on ships, it was kind of funny watching parents trying to find their kids by cheap hand-held two-way radios.  While they were wearing their Walkman's and fumbling with their cassette tapes.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well let's see.  Walkie-Talkies were invented and used in WWII.  Maybe some folks have upgraded to mobile smart phones by now.  And Tang was popular on the early Mercury flights.  But I have never seen it in the Oceanview Cafe.  Kidding aside, years ago before wireless networks on ships, it was kind of funny watching parents trying to find their kids by cheap hand-held two-way radios.  While they were wearing their Walkman's and fumbling with their cassette tapes.  

LOL...Never saw them on Celebrity but they were all too prevalent on Royal. For some reason people thought they had to talk loud for the person on the other end to hear them. It was comedy gold.

56 minutes ago, Big_G said:

LOL...Never saw them on Celebrity but they were all too prevalent on Royal. For some reason people thought they had to talk loud for the person on the other end to hear them. It was comedy gold.

It was especially entertaining to watch the channel turf wars (because, you know, no one among the other 3,000+ passengers would dare bring their own).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woneill63 said:

We always book our rooms as high up as possible, preferably right under the pool deck, and  close to an elevator.  With over 20 sailings under our belts, this has proven to be a winner with us.

On M-Class, which Summit is one of, we also love to get SRs just below the pool deck, just below the forward Solarium Pool. that way we can zip up that our favorite at-sea pool in the morning….its an inside with warm saltwater with lots of water action and has steel pipes on the side you lay on an bubbles come  up in between. Fantastic! 

And I know some say they get noise from the pool deck area, but we haven’t because our SRs are usually below the Spa area…quiet. Either deck 9 or 8. 

Den