On our last cruise (pre-Covid) robes were not put in our room for us. When we asked our room attendant for them (as Diamond CAS members) he said we weren't entitled to them as we weren't in a suite but reluctantly supplied them. This made me feel really awkward at the time as I was sure he was wrong. 

As we're sailing again next week I wanted to check on this. The CAS benefits list I've found says 'robes for use onboard-upon request'. 

Do we request them via CAS loyalty before we go or, do we ask our room attendant for them?

Thanks.

I ask for them on every cruise. I always get them. I say something like, "Unfortunately, I did not pack a robe. May I please have one. I am diamond." I keep a tip in hand and if they are pleasant about it, it give them the tip right then. If not, I am prepared to keep the tip.I think I only had 1 cabin steward who was not cooperative.

2 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

On our last cruise (pre-Covid) robes were not put in our room for us. When we asked our room attendant for them (as Diamond CAS members) he said we weren't entitled to them as we weren't in a suite but reluctantly supplied them. This made me feel really awkward at the time as I was sure he was wrong. 

As we're sailing again next week I wanted to check on this. The CAS benefits list I've found says 'robes for use onboard-upon request'. 

Do we request them via CAS loyalty before we go or, do we ask our room attendant for them?

Thanks.

A lot of new employees on Royal now and they don’t seem to know varying perks.  That might be why.  

• Like 1

Just to confirm, that is still part of the C&A Diamond benefit.  You typically just need to ask your stateroom attendant as others have said.  We have had them on all of our previous three cruises since October, non of which were in suites - that is not (nor ever has been) required to receive them. 

11 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I had 2 robes in the closet last time for my solo cruise. I hung the one I'd been using on a hook and a new one appeared in the closet that was short sleeved! I didn't know they had both long and short sleeved options.

SOLO here always. Couple yrs ago in 2BD/2BA Suite and hanging up had usual Thick Robe and nice Thin short sleeved one 

We have been on a bunch of cruises since the restart and have never had to ask a robe once.  I guess we are lucky and they are already in the cabin. The ones we got on Oasis this week are the best yet.  Super soft and large enough to be comfy 🙂

4 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

We have been on a bunch of cruises since the restart and have never had to ask a robe once.  I guess we are lucky and they are already in the cabin. The ones we got on Oasis this week are the best yet.  Super soft and large enough to be comfy 🙂

My first 15yrs Cruising all but one was on a New Ship in its first week-Months of Sailing. All the Robes, Towels, Bedding, all new! Ship's even had that new car smell!

1 minute ago, Eddie Wilson said:

On the first sea day for 7 night or longer cruises there is a “Robe Party” in the Emerald Lounge, 

After the party we are allowed to go to the pool and place them on a lounger to save for the next day.

Eddie

Wow after 35 cruises I have never heard of this.  I am missing out for sure.

FWIW,  A couple of years ago they ceased allowing Emerald Lounge members from going commando on Robe Party night.  

They drew a strict line, minimum is Speedo or thong.

For some reason attendance suddenly slipped after that rule and they may not offer the party any longer.