Jump to content

Made to Order Omelette Stations in the Windjammer


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Omelet station was on the Quantum last week. I asked the attendant for some fresh fried eggs and they were kinda nasty... "Go get the pre cooked ones that have been sitting out for the last hour". 

They love to push the ones that have been sitting out for a while.  I also ask  for fresh hot eggs.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had omelet station on Anthem back in April.  They handed you a beeper after they took your order.  Took at least 20 min to get omelets.  Had all the other stuff finished by the time we got our order.  Was good though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you try at the very aft in WJ.  They had the pre-made omlettes on the port and starboard side serving areas but the made to order station is at the aft serving station

  It was open on Symphony when I sailed for 2 weeks in March.

Also there in April.  Most people don't go all the way back in Windjammer.  And they don't know about the scooped ice cream station back there either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BobH5849 said:

Had omelet station on Anthem back in April.  They handed you a beeper after they took your order.  Took at least 20 min to get omelets.  Had all the other stuff finished by the time we got our order.  Was good though!

Beeper...I loved it when they gave you a table number and they brought it to you....recently you just had to hang around and wait on the ships we've recently been on this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wait a minute you are saying that Oasis WJ does not have an omelet station?     Can you get them in Solarium or is Johnny Rocket's open for breakfast.       I am booked for Oasis in August and sure hope I can get an omelet somewhere other than MDR    All the other ships I have been on have an omelet station.   

1) It was available last September. You ordered them, and it was brought to your table.

2) JR's is now open for breakfast

3)  Omelets were only available in MDR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

Also there in April.  Most people don't go all the way back in Windjammer.  And they don't know about the scooped ice cream station back there either.


🤫 Don’t advertise the back of the WJ! 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

There on Adventure mid-April but the wait after ordering was 30+ minutes...

 

It was horrible on the Adventure for us in May.  One person making omelettes for all of the guests.  They needed additional employees making omelettes at multiple stations.  The ship was entirely too crowded.  We walked away-gave up!

Edited by Cruise a holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you try at the very aft in WJ.  They had the pre-made omlettes on the port and starboard side serving areas but the made to order station is at the aft serving station

  It was open on Symphony when I sailed for 2 weeks in March.

I did, that is where they told me they didn’t have made to order omelets. They only had the pre-made ones there. They did make made to order fried eggs, but were not doing the omelets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, vatr1 said:

No made to order omelet on the Allure last week []-(

We slept in a lot and did not get many breakfast. We did find the salad bowl from Park Café were a really good lunch option.

Allure has the omelet station in the Solarium bistro. 

But not at WJ in either 2019 or 2022.

 

Harmony has the made-to-order egg station in WJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

They love to push the ones that have been sitting out for a while.  I also ask  for fresh hot eggs.  🙂

I had a similar experience on my Easter anthem sail.  Went to the WJ about half hour after they opened and went to the waffle station and asked for freshly made ones—he points to the ones under the warming light   I told him thst they have been standing there and I want freshly made. He gave me a sneer, but I did not care as I got what I wanted. They were delicious.  I only wish they  had ice 

I station and I would be in heaven. 🍦

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Did a recent TA cruise and an 8 nighter both on Jewel and yes, there was an omelette station onboard.

Will be on Jewel mid July...How was the WJ food and options?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Will be on Jewel mid July...How was the WJ food and options?

It wasn't bad but......I found that the food was on the bland side and believe it or not, not properly seasoned.  Again that's just me but I also found the selections lacking.  And, it always seemed that your food was cold by the time you finished getting everything and then finding a seat.  We had the UDP but as the 2 restaurants served the same thing all the time, I wanted a bit more variety.  Yes Izumi was there but not their biggest fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were on the Ovation last month and they had 2 omelette stations and after giving your order they did give you a beeper so that people were not hanging around the omelette stations

Edited by kmdress
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Beeper...I loved it when they gave you a table number and they brought it to you....recently you just had to hang around and wait on the ships we've recently been on this year.

They did that on the December Mariner and January Allure sail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kmdress said:

We were on the Ovation last month and they had 2 omelette stations and after giving your order they did give you a beeper so that people were not hanging around the omelette stations

That was our same experience on Anthem in April.  Hoping Explorer of the Seas has an omelet station or two for our cruise in two weeks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had an omelette just this morning on Mariner.

Delicious.

Johnny Rockets not open for breakfast. Open every day for lunch only from noon to five. Price per person upped to $14.99 for food and $5 for shakes but we paid up because the burgers and chocolate malteds are so darned good. Second time this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, vegascruiser1 said:

I did, that is where they told me they didn’t have made to order omelets. They only had the pre-made ones there. They did make made to order fried eggs, but were not doing the omelets. 

 

Don't pre-made omelets get a little chewey when left out for a while? I can't think it would be very appetizing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Allure has the omelet station in the Solarium bistro. 

But not at WJ in either 2019 or 2022.

 

Harmony has the made-to-order egg station in WJ.

I'm almost positive that I had an omelet made at the egg center on my January '22 Allure sail.  I simply asked a supervisor and it was delivered to my table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about made to order pancakes? Had those 6-7 years ago on Serenade but haven't seen them since. Will be on Voyager in two weeks and would love to have fresh pancakes every morning. We're in a suite if the suite breakfast menu makes a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...