Boardwalk vs Central Park

How much less per cabin? What time of year. I hear ctrl park can be hot and stuffy in summer but in the winter ok. End of boardwalk is costing me $150 more on a solo allure booking. Not sure if that's good or not. I'm the very end of boardwalk so I get the view out the aft on allure.

• Like 1

I've never done a boardwalk balcony but I have done Central Park.  For me I prefer to look at the water whereas friends loved the Central Park and booked it again for another cruise.  I think its a personal preference.  I usually just get an ocean balcony.

• Like 2

We had a Central Park balcony on Harmony last month. It can be noisy during the day from the pool deck above and your balcony can be in direct sunlight. In the evening, there was piano or guitar music in Central Park, which was nice when enjoying an evening drink on the balcony. The balcony is also a great people-watching spot. We enjoyed it and have booked another Central Park balcony in September.

Edited by SplashOfWater
  • Like 1

This really comes down to preferences.  We loved Boardwalk with kids, and they would be bored to tears in Central Park.  That said, pre-kids, we would have booked Central Park way before we booked Boardwalk.  The music and scenery make it wonderful at night.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I've never done a boardwalk balcony but I have done Central Park.  For me I prefer to look at the water whereas friends loved the Central Park and booked it again for another cruise.  I think its a personal preference.  I usually just get an ocean balcony.

This is another ship. I have allure which doesnt have the slide blocking my view. I love the aft.

20211014_191519492.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cfabar1 said:

If you do an “auto booking” with balcony, do you have the ability to say I want an ocean balcony only?

if that's a gty, there is one gty for all balconies and a more expensive one just for ocean balconys. Both may not be available. Be careful which you book. 

Thank you, it looks like the boardwalk.   Cruising with children, so the boardwalk might work better. It’s. $2,000 more for the 10 of us so that was my issue.  Oh well, want everyone to enjoy the Oasis.

Im going to have my first Central Park balcony in September on the Allure and I am kind of excited to see how I like it.  If I want to see the ocean, I just go up a few decks and then.....ocean!  I don't spend much time when I've had a balcony room since you aren't in your cabin much on a cruise.  The only thing I would like about the boardwalk would be if I could watch the aqua show from there or the screen if they show a football game on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DustFSU said:

Im going to have my first Central Park balcony in September on the Allure and I am kind of excited to see how I like it.  If I want to see the ocean, I just go up a few decks and then.....ocean!  I don't spend much time when I've had a balcony room since you aren't in your cabin much on a cruise.  The only thing I would like about the boardwalk would be if I could watch the aqua show from there or the screen if they show a football game on it.

yes that's also why I booked the last boardwalk cabin. To watch the dive show action. On oasis before there were some daytime shows kinda more for kids but I watched. Easy to miss. I want to be where I see what's going on at the dive pool. Not booked until dec

1 hour ago, lulabelle said:

Thank you, it looks like the boardwalk.   Cruising with children, so the boardwalk might work better. It’s. $2,000 more for the 10 of us so that was my issue.  Oh well, want everyone to enjoy the Oasis.

Depending on location of your balcony you may be able to see aqua shows and some ocean.    But Oasis has the purple slide that blocks the view for most.

I think kids would find the BW balconies more interesting than CP balconies.  The kids might watch the Aqua show from your balcony, though they likely would much, much rather  be down in seats in the Aqua Theater.  They may watch people down on BW; more likely they will want to join in the fun.  The kids may not spend that much time on the BW balcony as they may want to be out doing stuff.

So, while I think the BW balconies would suit well, I also would  consider the other ways you might spend that $2000.  If that extra money would allow you to add a memorable experience to your vacation (a special excursion or an extra day pre or post cruise or whatever), changing to the more sedate CP balcony might be worth it.

Edited by Starry Eyes

We loved our BW on Allure. We didn't find it particularly noisy. We were on deck ten pretty far aft, but perfect location to see the AQ show right from our balcony. We loved that we could see the water as well.

We loved it so much that we booked another one, two cabins down from our original stateroom, on Wonder of the Seas in 2023. 

I have heard the CP can get a bit hot.

But I think you can't go wrong with either.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

For a $1000+/- savings I would go to Central Park.     I look at this way, most people don't spend a lot of time in their cabins and that $1000+/- can be spent on many other things.   

Agree

On 6/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, lulabelle said:

Booked 5 cabins on Oasis  boardwalk balcony? I see Central Park is a lot less.  What would you do?

We always book CP since they are almost as inexpensive as interior or OV cabins.

Ocean view is not important to us and we spend most of our time outside the cabin anyway.

Whatever is important to you and what you're willing to spend. 

(Tip: Be sure to keep your curtains closed when privacy is important... LOL)

• Like 1