Crown issues....will this never end!

suzyed

22 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

We were on the Crown for two weeks (May 14-28) you can read my review.  To keep it short, we have sailed our last 40+ cruises with Princess, but it is now time to either quit cruising (winning right now) or trying other lines.  This was NOT A VACATION and definitely NOT A CRUISE VACATION, when you pay full price for what you are told you are getting and the seller delivers something far inferior why would I spend my money with them again.  And of course the reason why it was so inferior was because of decisions by Princess (or CCL) to give less and charge more.   The Crown had these same propulsion issues long before the COVID-PAUSE, yet they not only did nothing about it, but put the ship back in service knowing that if it was able to limp along, the cruise they were offering would not be delivered. 

Cheated doesn't even come close to what we experienced, and all of the others on those cruises as well.  Princess has been sinking for some time, but now it is like the Titanic - - SUNK.

I agree.  It makes me sick to my stomach. Our daughters paid for all 6 of us to take this cruise as a gift to their Dad for his 70th Birthday....over $12,000!!!

We were stuck on the Coral during the covid "pause" and Princess stepped up and at least compensated us for all the ports and countries we couldn't dock in....and those were unavoidable and unanticipated.  So even with that we booked more cruises "knowing" that Princess does the right thing.  
Once we use our FCCs from the Coral sailing, we will be booking with other cruise lines.  We're done with Princess....It pains me to say that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Being an older ship I suppose you could expect some of those problems from time to time. 

NO.  There is no way you can expect in advance that you would miss most of the ports on a cruise. They took Ketchikan off and replaced it with Icy Strait and as far as I can discern, no one has made it to that point yet.  They did that just to placate us.
We have sailed on the Crown 4 times before without any issues.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I wonder how many of the people on this cruise will continue to cruise Princess or will they say "enough is enough".  We all know the answer - they will continue to sail Princess either because they do not want to bother to seek alternatives or because they don't want to give up their loyalty perks..  If this is the case, why should Princess care.

DON

We are looking to other cruise lines after this year when we use up our FCC from the Coral, before they expire.
Enough is enough!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

These are among the reasons we just booked our first cruise on Celebrity for this August.

Princess, are you hearing all of the pax rumblings!!!

And it will not end until the bean counters decide that a significant number of passengers are really following through on their threats of not returning, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I agree.  It makes me sick to my stomach. Our daughters paid for all 6 of us to take this cruise as a gift to their Dad for his 70th Birthday....over $12,000!!!

We were stuck on the Coral during the covid "pause" and Princess stepped up and at least compensated us for all the ports and countries we couldn't dock in....and those were unavoidable and unanticipated.  So even with that we booked more cruises "knowing" that Princess does the right thing.  
Once we use our FCCs from the Coral sailing, we will be booking with other cruise lines.  We're done with Princess....It pains me to say that.

when is the cruise?

3 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

We have friends boarding the CB today in Florida..he’s an IT pro…curious his take. 

Once you learn his experience, please come back and let us know how it was on the CB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

I wonder how many of the people on this cruise will continue to cruise Princess or will they say "enough is enough".  We all know the answer - they will continue to sail Princess either because they do not want to bother to seek alternatives or because they don't want to give up their loyalty perks..  If this is the case, why should Princess care.

With so many of the loyalty perks having been eliminated recently, this is no longer a factor.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And it will not end until the bean counters decide that a significant number of passengers are really following through on their threats of not returning, 

🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

These are among the reasons we just booked our first cruise on Celebrity for this August.

X would have been our most travelled line except they don't port near us and Princess does. They are similar. Food is outstanding. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Once you learn his experience, please come back and let us know how it was on the CB.

56 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

X would have been our most travelled line except they don't port near us and Princess does. They are similar. Food is outstanding. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Will do.

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Princess changed satellite internet providers in late January/early February, and it's been awful ever since.

I think it has a lot to do with where the ship is located more so than the internet provider. On the Enchanted in the Caribbean (March) it was great at all times of day and night. I streamed my programs from Xfinity & Netflix without any hesitation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I think it has a lot to do with where the ship is located more so than the internet provider. On the Enchanted in the Caribbean (March) it was great at all times of day and night. I streamed my programs from Xfinity & Netflix without any hesitation. 

I think you missed the part where I said I took the same cruise twice.

The first in January, and the 2nd in February.

Both in the Caribbean, where satellite coverage is supposed to be great.

There was a HUGE difference between the two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I am positive they are "listening/reading" all of the passenger rumblings.  But are they "hearing" what we are saying?   HUGE difference.  I have lost trust.  I do not believe in the Princess brand.  It will take a lot of "show me" to get me back on a Princess ship.  Especially with the direction they are choosing (no Grand Princess in North America).  I have a couple of cruises booked.  Will they be my last?  Will they even happen?

At one time, my brother, who knew someone high up in Holland America, asked me if I would switch from Princess to HAL if....he could assign me a 4 star mariner rank.  I turned him down.  Hmmmmm, who would have predicted that Princess would fall so low?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I think you missed the part where I said I took the same cruise twice.

The first in January, and the 2nd in February.

Both in the Caribbean, where satellite coverage is supposed to be great.

There was a HUGE difference between the two.

Puzzling. 🥴

4 hours ago, caribill said:

With so many of the loyalty perks having been eliminated recently, this is no longer a factor.

You can speak for yourself and probably some others but not for everyone on this one.

We absolutely love the free laundry perk and that's what's keeping us on Princess. Lose that and we'll be checking elsewhere.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

You can speak for yourself and probably some others but not for everyone on this one.

We absolutely love the free laundry perk and that's what's keeping us on Princess. Lose that and we'll be checking elsewhere.

That is one of the two remaining good benefits from the past.

we are on the crown Oct. 18/2022 .. 15 days Vancouver to Hawaii and back.. the ship is in dry docks Oct 1 to the 18th ..so I'm hoping all these problems go away ?  I've booked this cruise 4 x and just don't seem she wants me on her.. I notice our cruise is sold out except for suites .. that's a good sign right lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, teh3505 said:

I cannot believe their giving another $100 credit, so the credit is now up to $200.00.  They should offer a full future cruise credit for such a mess.  How do others feel?

Shocked White Guy GIFs | Tenor

uh no. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Loyalty Perks they are disappearing as fast as my wife spends my OBC. 😳
Tony

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

That is one of the two remaining good benefits from the past.

What is the other one? I'm torn between priority tendering and the minibar. Priority boarding is also nice,  and I enjoyed the 10% off on shore excursions on my last cruise--but I'm not planning on taking any Princess excursions on my next.

8 minutes ago, geoherb said:

What is the other one? I'm torn between priority tendering and the minibar. Priority boarding is also nice,  and I enjoyed the 10% off on shore excursions on my last cruise--but I'm not planning on taking any Princess excursions on my next.

Priority tendering.

Priority boarding is only of value if you arrive before boarding begins.

The mini-bar has reduced value if you have the Plus or Premier beverage package. The reduced value that it still has is for the canned sodas which are not an "included" part of either package.

The shore excursion discount is nice, but was not a part of the "good benefits from the past." And, as you mention, very few experienced cruisers take many ship sponsored shore excursions. In any case, that is overiden by the loss of 10% savings on boutique purchases if the item is on sale.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

We’ve booked our first Oceania cruise for September 2023 after nearly 500 days of Princess as our preferred cruise line.

I have good friends who regularly sail Oceania including last April which they said was just as good as before the pause…I cannot say the same thing about Princess. Oceania is more expensive but we’ll use all of the included things such as free non-alcoholic drinks, internet, a couple of specialty dinners and taxes/fees in their cruise fare to make the extra cost worthwhile for a better cruise experience.

I’ve lost trust in Princess’ ability to be truthful & to provide the experiences promised. We’re booked on the same NE/CA cruise in October as you but are close to canceling before final payment due in less than 5 weeks. We’ve cruised Princess 3 times since the re-start but have been disappointed to the point of canceling all of our Princess cruises.

We’re rumbling down the road to Oceania even if it results in fewer days at sea but with a true premium experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3