The 12:01 AM covid test - who's done it?

BuckeyeMark

The test has to be done three days before sail away.  Who's done their test at 12:01 AM so that it was technically within the three day window and did anyone give you grief about it?  Did you ask the internet monitor/proctor what date stamp you would get?  I'm guessing that if you need the date to be June 23 and it's 12:01 AM on June 23rd that it would count and qualify.  Yes?  I'd like to test as soon as I can - so I know I'm good to go! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

The test has to be done three days before sail away.  Who's done their test at 12:01 AM so that it was technically within the three day window and did anyone give you grief about it?  Did you ask the internet monitor/proctor what date stamp you would get?  I'm guessing that if you need the date to be June 23 and it's 12:01 AM on June 23rd that it would count and qualify.  Yes?  I'd like to test as soon as I can - so I know I'm good to go! 

That is exactly what we do, we have done it twice.  We self test about about 8:00pm if we are negative  we set the alarm and get up about just after midnight so like 12:10am, by the time we set up the test and call in it is about 12:12am she can tell where we are calling from but we ensure she has the date and time that we need, so my husbands goes

first and after he uploads his results, then I call in and do the test it is all done by 1:00am.  It is just one less thing to think to do during the day.  So if we cruise on a Sunday for example we will do the test (antigen) (on Thursday night after we go to bed), we will get up at 12:10am on Friday.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We recently took a proctored test in Venice, Italy...not to "beat the clock" at 12:01, though.  They made sure that they knew exactly where we were and the correct time zone.  I have no idea where *they* were!

which test did you use?  We will be sailing from Civitavecchia on Oct 1 so will need to test when we are in Rome and would like to use a proctored test that works well from Italy.

8 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Remember the time is not when you commence the test but when your results are known. 

Where did you see that?  It would seem to me that the 'test' is performed at the time the sample was taken.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I've done the Abbott proctored at-home test five times.  Two of the times I did them at 1:30 AM and 2 AM.  They weren't done, particularly, to beat the clock; they were done at that hour because I was up and ready to test.  The last tests I've done have given me two sets of test results - one from eMed with a GMT time stamp and one with a local time stamp.  I've never had any issues presenting these results to anyone official.

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

Understand this. That's why I'm doing it at 9am tomorrow morning which is when the drs office opens!!

@BuckeyeMarkis yours an online antigen??

Abbot Binax - I think that is an online antigen.  Second time we've done it.  Lots to commend that.  For one thing you can get that test in a cheap "not monitored version" which means you can PRACTICE the exact test you'll take online.  Very helpful.  And it's very easy to do. They walk you through it step by step.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Abbott BinaxNow

Thx for this info.  It looks like this can’t be shipped to Canada.  Does anyone know of a proctored COVID antigen test kit that I can buy from Canada and use in Italy before embarkation?

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

Thx for this info.  It looks like this can’t be shipped to Canada.  Does anyone know of a proctored COVID antigen test kit that I can buy from Canada and use in Italy before embarkation?

Get the free tests that the government is handing out like candy (five per pack).

Take them with you.

Do a proctored test with one of the Canadian providers.  I have no recommendations as have not researched nor selected one yet in case of need (I am thinking might not be a required test by end of Sep - we shall see).

https://rapidtestandtrace.ca/buy-rapid-tests-in-canada/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=rapid-tests&gclid=Cj0KCQjwntCVBhDdARIsAMEwACkzO9FiYSmc3s74tNzmqWYwUGzsUQ6eDk9tVT2NFiIRksPCh2ZfQysaAnKOEALw_wcB

https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca/Shop

I am not sure which ones I found about a month ago, nor what I thought was best.  Try Google and try out the above.  I do know the one I found sold test kit & testing online, or just one or the other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

We used the antigen tests purchased through aeroplan- from air Canada website.  Excellent. Easy. Acceptable for Princess cruise.

• Thanks 1

I am leaving on the Regal from Barcelona Saturday 8/13.

I want to make sure I have this right-

I can test starting at 12:01am on Wednesday 8/10 is that correct?  If so, I may be able to test before I even leave the US as we leave Wed evening.

That would be a relief if I am correct.  Thanks in advance 😀

23 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've done the Abbott proctored at-home test five times.  Two of the times I did them at 1:30 AM and 2 AM.  They weren't done, particularly, to beat the clock; they were done at that hour because I was up and ready to test.  The last tests I've done have given me two sets of test results - one from eMed with a GMT time stamp and one with a local time stamp.  I've never had any issues presenting these results to anyone official.

Was it easy getting a proctor at that time of night, did you have to wait?  What time zone did you test from?  Thinking of testing before heading to the airport which would be early about 3AM Pacific. 

I am thinking if sailing from Europe and 6 hrs ahead of ET, you could test at 6:05pm ET and that is after midnight in Italy for example so counting from there, you are on the right start date without getting up in middle of night.  

4 hours ago, milolii said:

Was it easy getting a proctor at that time of night, did you have to wait?  What time zone did you test from?  Thinking of testing before heading to the airport which would be early about 3AM Pacific. 

I've never had to wait more than a minute for a proctor.  I did all my tests in the Eastern time zone.  You should be fine testing at the time you mentioned.