Verifly - useful or useless?

sarmat1

Going out of NY in a couple of weeks on Magic.  Is Verifly worth the effort?  Are there any separate lines or time savings, or is it just a matter of not having to fumble with a bunch of COVID documentation?

• Like 1

i sailed on the magic a few weeks ago and it seems to take up more time. it just nice to not having to show the papers at the terminal

at the new york terminal, they check the vertifiy once you walk into the building before security

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does it save each and every individual passenger time that you can notice? No

Does it or will it shave time off of boarding all 3000 passengers. Probably about an hour once everyone starts using it.

I would imagine that it is or was a Six Sigma project or a Lean workout that help create this program.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Good to hear.  I’m using VeriFly tomorrow and hope it works that way for me.

They had two people at a station.  One checked Carnival docs the other checked passport to Verifly, literally 2 minutes than done

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Does it save each and every individual passenger time that you can notice? No

Does it or will it shave time off of boarding all 3000 passengers. Probably about an hour once everyone starts using it.

I would imagine that it is or was a Six Sigma project or a Lean workout that help create this program.

Love to see the-math equation…..  From experience, it works, and it works well.

• Like 3

First time using in March in Jacksonville ,it was awful! They really were t very familiar with it yet and the girl doing ours was in training. Took a few minutes, but our friends zipped right thru. Next time in April in Jacksonville, they had someone coming around to see if you were using or not. That went well. Used in June in Port Canaveral,was fantastic, just as Jimbo said. AlwAys carry backup docs just in case.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Corrections
  • Like 2

On the Breeze for Sailabration, they still wanted to see hard docs in addition to VeriFly for verification because the system was knew to them.

On the Vista and Horizon in April, it was "show me the green" on VeriFly and let me scan your boarding pass. Took maybe a minute, if that.

I'm a VeriFly stan.

6 hours ago, sarmat1 said:

Going out of NY in a couple of weeks on Magic.  Is Verifly worth the effort?  Are there any separate lines or time savings, or is it just a matter of not having to fumble with a bunch of COVID documentation?

We used it recently in Galveston, it seem to help us get through the process a few minutes quicker. 

• Like 1

We recently used it on the Breeze out of Galveston in May.  Easy to upload docs and it was a "breeze" (sorry, couldn't help myself - LOL!) going through the check-in process.  I was getting out the hard copies and the person at the check-in desk said to not bother because she already had me checked it.  Easy-peasy.  Looking forward to using it on upcoming cruises.  Hopefully everyone else has had as great an experience using it.   

• Like 1

Well be on the MG in January and we’re planning to use it. Yes, we all still have to have our documentation with us, but if it prevents us having to dig it all out and show it, I’ll gladly do it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s nice not having to pull out all of the papers. It’s minimal effort to make things easier for me on embarkation day so I’ll continue to use it.

Bingo

• Like 1

In my case it was very useful.  Since the restart I've I cruised once without it (wasn't available yet) and once with it.  It definitely saved time.  On the cruise without it, the agent took her sweet time studying our documents to make sure everything was legit.  We even had time to make small talk with the second agent at the table while the first one looked at our documents.  On the cruise with Verifly, the agent asked if we had it, I said yes and showed her my phone, she looked it over quickly, and we were done.  I had hard copies with me just in case but they weren't needed.

I was on the Magic on June 20th out of New York and had a great experience with verifly.  Our embarkation was really fast and smooth - it felt like we just constantly moved through the lines without much stopping and waiting!  I heard quite a few people complain later about how long and difficult embarkation was, which was not our experience at all.  I don’t know if we just got lucky with our check in time (1:00, although we got there around 12:40 due to the hotel shuttle times), or if verifly truly made it easier, but I would definitely recommend it.

It was pretty easy to put the info in...it gave me peace of mind, that if I lost paperwork.....but I still brought the paperwork. I did not save alot of time.... If you do a lot of traveling I would say for sure get it. 

It helps you stay organized.