Mystery Dinner Theater

Our group did it on Jewel a few years back.  The murder took place in a lounge; we were then moved into a space for the dinner and clues to try to solve the mystery  (sorry, can't remember the names of the venues).  The crowd quickly became disinterested and very loud.  I was trying to follow along but couldn't hear anything.  Pretty disappointed.

At least the dinner was good!

4 hours ago, BlueBayouAZ said:

Has anyone done this activity? It sounds interesting to me. I guess it is only offered on 7 day or longer cruises and is held in a specialty restaurant.  

We did a few years ago and had a blast!  It was in Giovanni's.  The storyline was cheesy but hilarious with audience interaction.  Food was outstanding as was the wine which the waiters refilled constantly.  We were barely able to walk straight by the time it was over.  🙂

I have not seen Mystery Dinner Theater offered on Oasis or Quantum Class.     

We have only seen it on Radiance Class - Serenade, Jewel, etc.    

We purchased on cruise planner under entertainment pre-covid.

Each time it was held in Giovanni's - they would shut down Giovanni's for the 2 +/- hours.

Food was always great, cheap wine but plenty of it flowing.

• Like 1

We did the Dinner Theater on Serenade pre-Covid. It was a lot of fun. They sat everyone in 4 long tables in Giovanni's. Each table was a team. Our table did not win.

I do not drink wine, so they brought me many of my drink of choice. 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rockmom said:

I haven't seen it make an appearance in the cruise planner since the restart after Covid.  

I’m hopeful that it will be offered on or 9 night cruise in February. It’s on the website in the things to do section.  I had not seen it before. 

FB46FB97-6C77-432D-BD6F-EEBF273435B0.jpeg

On 7/6/2022 at 10:51 AM, BlueBayouAZ said:

Has anyone done this activity? It sounds interesting to me. I guess it is only offered on 7 day or longer cruises and is held in a specialty restaurant.  

We did it but not on the ship.We were in a port overnight and the cruise ship people were pushing going to an on land restaurant.Mybwife did not want to go but I convinced her and it was great.I had the opportunity to speak to one of the actors afterward.I told him that I hoped to see him on Broadway one day.He told me that he was a member of a theatrical group in Ohio.

Went to one on land a long time ago run by a company that tours the US running them. It was at a Maggiano's (Italian chain with really good food IMO) and had a great time. We even won. Our prize was jars of their branded pasta sauce and some gift cards, lol.

I've also been to a really low budget one that was laughably bad.

Not sure if I'd do one on a cruise but when done well they are a lot of fun.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, George C said:

We got it at a discount since they had trouble filling it up, agree food was good , wine wasn’t.

We did too, 30% discount I think . But this was years ago, not sure if they still do discounts 

Not as a Dinner Theater but Carnival does this as one of their signature activities.  I did this years ago.  They partnered with Hasboro and did a game called "Get a "CLUE!", a real life version of "CLUE".  At the intro, you met all the characters, they set the scene, and you were given a file to keep track of your clues you gathered by going to certain activities.  At the end of the week, they had a big reveal and whoever got it got some cool prizes!