John Heald's Cruise Schedule Announced July 6

6 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Ecstasy - Oct 10 is final voyage?

Yes, it's October 10.

Also, Mr. Heald's cruise on the P&O Iona is a NON working vacation.  He won't be doing any of his regular Brand Ambassador duties for Carnival that week.

And thanks, Carolyn, for the post.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Yes, it's October 10.

Also, Mr. Heald's cruise on the P&O Iona is a NON working vacation.  He won't be doing any of his regular Brand Ambassador duties for Carnival that week.

And thanks, Carolyn, for the post.

i don’t know why he would want to post the ship and sail date that he’s vacationing. There will almost certainly be some folks or “super fans” who worship him who will now run off and book that same cruise just because they know he will be there. And undoubtedly they will seek him out to go chat and talk about Carnival with him. Some vacation that would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, djcass4199 said:

I don’t know why he would want to post the ship and sail date that he’s vacationing. There will almost certainly be some folks or “super fans” who worship him who will now run off and book that same cruise just because they know he will be there. And undoubtedly they will seek him out to go chat and talk about Carnival with him. Some vacation that would be.

I don't know either, but that's the person Mr. Heald has been since I've known him. Being on a P&O ship will help. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djcass4199 said:

i don’t know why he would want to post the ship and sail date that he’s vacationing. There will almost certainly be some folks or “super fans” who worship him who will now run off and book that same cruise just because they know he will be there. And undoubtedly they will seek him out to go chat and talk about Carnival with him. Some vacation that would be.

Why in the world would he even want to take a cruise?  Constant reminder of work..at least it would be to me.  

5 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Why in the world would he even want to take a cruise?  Constant reminder of work..at least it would be to me.  

He apparently likes to cruise and he admires the ship.  And his current position as Brand Ambassador doesn't take him on cruises very often these days, just a few weeks a year.

17 hours ago, djcass4199 said:

Yup, I personally don't understand the fans. He was on our Mardi Gras cruise last October, as it was the christening cruise. Nice enough for sure but would I book a cruise just to see him? Or want to have my picture taken with him? Um, no. But that's just me.

• Like 5

On 7/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, djcass4199 said:

i don’t know why he would want to post the ship and sail date that he’s vacationing. There will almost certainly be some folks or “super fans” who worship him who will now run off and book that same cruise just because they know he will be there. And undoubtedly they will seek him out to go chat and talk

about Carnival with him. Some vacation that would be.

People "worship" him?   Why?   Thats kinda sad, really.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sunkey1 said:

Yup, I personally don't understand the fans. He was on our Mardi Gras cruise last October, as it was the christening cruise. Nice enough for sure but would I book a cruise just to see him? Or want to have my picture taken with him? Um, no. But that's just me.

Yea.. I don't get it at all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F27TW said:

For that matter how many other cruise lines have a "brand ambassador"?  I've never understood why someone puts in so many hours answering what are often stupid complaints.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, groundloop said:

how many other cruise lines have a "brand ambassador"?  I've never understood why someone puts in so many hours answering what are often stupid complaints.  

I don't think any others do, though it might not be a bad idea for some.

Mr. Heald answers those complaints because someone has to.  The complainers can either scream at him or one of thousands of service reps on the ships and on land.  He often says, after Carnival or one of its employees does something that a passenger doesn't agree with, to blame him.  That can be a useful deflection at times.

11 hours ago, groundloop said:

For that matter how many other cruise lines have a "brand ambassador"?  I've never understood why someone puts in so many hours answering what are often stupid complaints.  

Some of them I believe are trolls. People with nothing but time on their hands and want to see if they can get featured on JH's page.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:46 PM, Badfinger said:

I worked at guest services onboard cruise ships being screamed at by passengers 42 weeks a year but I still love cruising. Quite the different experience! I bet that is part of why he isn't cruising on Carnival though. That might be too much like work for a vacation. I would not sail on a ship I worked on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Some of them I believe are trolls. People with nothing but time on their hands and want to see if they can get featured on JH's page.

I firmly believe Carnival needs a dozen JH's. The guy should not be responding to a dozen FB posts and probably a hundreds of emails a day. Yes I do know that he has someone who helps him.

I work in IT and Microsoft and other large companies will often have what they call MVP's who contribute to discussions, answer questions and act as brand ambassadors when the companies message fails to properly project their marketing decisions etc.

The group here is very good at answering questions and there are TONS of smart people here but sometimes people want to hear it from the camels mouth. Take for instance the thread last month about kids club, hours, meals etc.

But these people don't even need to be paid. Look at what Matt does for Royal. That is a brand ambassador. I enjoy his videos and don't even really cruise Royal.

17 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I firmly believe Carnival needs a dozen JH's. The guy should not be responding to a dozen FB posts and probably a hundreds of emails a day. Yes I do know that he has someone who helps him.

I work in IT and Microsoft and other large companies will often have what they call MVP's who contribute to discussions, answer questions and act as brand ambassadors when the companies message fails to properly project their marketing decisions etc.

The group here is very good at answering questions and there are TONS of smart people here but sometimes people want to hear it from the camels mouth. Take for instance the thread last month about kids club, hours, meals etc.

But these people don't even need to be paid. Look at what Matt does for Royal. That is a brand ambassador. I enjoy his videos and don't even really cruise Royal.

John is John, his spot at CArnival is unique, there is no career path to it, nor will it be filled in the same way once he leaves.  All that said, I have never heard of Matt….

18 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Look at what Matt does for Royal. That is a brand ambassador. I enjoy his videos and don't even really cruise Royal.

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have never heard of Matt….

I've heard of Matt.  I read his blog and sometimes watch his vlogs.  He is NOT a Royal Caribbean employee, merely a satisfied customer.  He rarely talks about any cruise line other than Royal, and can come across as sounding like a fanboy at times.  But mostly he's on point, and many of the tips he supplies can be applied to other cruise lines.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I worked at guest services onboard cruise ships being screamed at by passengers 42 weeks a year but I still love cruising. Quite the different experience! I bet that is part of why he isn't cruising on Carnival though. That might be too much like work for a vacation. I would not sail on a ship I worked on.

I remember all your informative posts over on the NCL board.  Good to hear from you again.  Are you still with them, or have you moved on?

On 7/7/2022 at 6:10 PM, F27TW said:

Because they think if they brown nose him he will give them free stuff.  People are always asking for things like, "It's our anniversary can you send us a bottle of wine?" etc. So dumb.

• Like 1