Who still decorates their cabin and their cabin door?

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Does it harm you in any way that people enjoy decorating their doors?

Disdain for others puts you one up to some....basic psychology.  That's where the term "putting people down" comes from.

I've decorated many times especially for holidays and sometimes you either pass up your number or think its farther away and a sign is easily spotted.  Has nothing to do with memory. I get your drift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Does it harm you in any way that people enjoy decorating their doors?

Not at all. Does not bother me and I don't care.  Just find it funny that people can't remember their cabin number and need this to find their cabin. Never been an issue no matter of how much I had to drink. Maybe I need to drink more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Not at all. Does not bother me and I don't care.  Just find it funny that people can't remember their cabin number and need this to find their cabin. Never been an issue no matter of how much I had to drink. Maybe I need to drink more.

Who said they can't remember their cabin number?  It's not hard - it's a fun decoration that also allows me to spot my cabin from further down the hallway.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy decorating our door and use small magnets with ocean, cruise and travel themes. Its fun to see what others do, too.Some people go all out with battery operated lights!  Im really disappointed. I will be on an NCL cruise at the end of the month, and they don't allow door decorating for "safety reasons"!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Is finding your cabin really an issue?  You know they put numbers on the cabins so you know which is yours.

Yes, I'm illiterate, thank you for bringing out that sensitive issue in a public forum. Never learned to read or write, but I've been adapting in this life...

In all seriousness though, if you must know, not that I owe you an explanation for anything in life, I do suffer from some short term memory loss. I don't always remember my cruise cabin number, or mistake it with my home address number. A 3 inch magnet of my suns smiling face helps me ensure I've reached the right door and not disturbing someone else.  I used a few light barbs to take the wind out of your sails; your intentions were not so innocent. You ought to count your blessings while your memory is 100%, right friend? 

I expect nothing more from a true Cruise Critician. 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Sorry - just did not know that remembering your cabin number was such a problem for some people

It is a DOOR DECORATION!  People do it for fun.  

• Like 3

I LOVE door decorations, some people are so creative and it also helps us locate our own rooms as we can use the other's as markers. I order custom door signs from a shop on Etsy for our cruises, they are cute, help my autistic child (and let's face it the rest of us) find our stateroom and we use them as magnets at home. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

I LOVE door decorations, some people are so creative and it also helps us locate our own rooms as we can use the other's as markers. I order custom door signs from a shop on Etsy for our cruises, they are cute, help my autistic child (and let's face it the rest of us) find our stateroom and we use them as magnets at home. 

And the biggest takeaway......It's just FUN!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We enjoy decorating our door although we keep it small mostly for packing reasons.  We usually pick something for the season or holiday.  I've been dealing with some short term memory loss recently as well, but I've had problems for years finding my cabin without door decor!  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:44 AM, Seville2Cabo said:

Is finding your cabin really an issue?  You know they put numbers on the cabins so you know which is yours.

Apparently for me, it is. 😄

On my last cruise, I removed the door decoration in the late afternoon on the last day and when going back to the cabin after dinner, I passed right by it and my room steward smiled and said "it's back that way". 

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Apparently for me, it is. 😄

On my last cruise, I removed the door decoration in the late afternoon on the last day and when going back to the cabin after dinner, I passed right by it and my room steward smiled and said "it's back that way". 

Sounds like some one was enjoying their beverage package. 🤣🍻

• Haha 2