Oasis: boardwalk view or park view?

I have a Boardwalk view booked for my daughter and friends in a boardwalk view all the way at the end.  I've seen pics off the balcony and it gives a decent view of the Aqua Theater as well as some good ocean views.  If she likes it, I may give it a try.

Will remember to see what the noise is like @hazeleyes46, thanks for the tip.  Cabin is on deck 10 so hoping it's not terrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

I have a Boardwalk view booked for my daughter and friends in a boardwalk view all the way at the end.  I've seen pics off the balcony and it gives a decent view of the Aqua Theater as well as some good ocean views.  If she likes it, I may give it a try.

Will remember to see what the noise is like @hazeleyes46, thanks for the tip.  Cabin is on deck 10 so hoping it's not terrible.

Let us know as I have thought of it as an option 🙂

47 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Which do you like better and why?

I like the boardwalk because you can see the ocean and feel part of the action while relaxing on the balcony. My dad likes the ‘29” double-wide Central Park balconies because of the ambiance at night. Just don't book a CP on the Wonder. 

We booked the last cabin deck 9 port side on the Oasis (not the suite) for kicks and giggles.  I was happy I did.  Got to see the Aqua Show from the balcony and their rehersals.  Got to see the ocean (sort of).  Lots of activities during the day.  Impromptu dancing from Johnny Rockets staff.  Got to watch the folks climbing the rock wall.

It was a bit noisy but nothing terrible.  Enjoyed the action.

Would I book it again?  NOPE.  Why?  The walk.  It felt like a mile hike to get to the room.  It was fun,  but once was enough.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arubamoose said:

We booked the last cabin deck 9 port side on the Oasis (not the suite) for kicks and giggles.  I was happy I did.  Got to see the Aqua Show from the balcony and their rehersals.  Got to see the ocean (sort of).  Lots of activities during the day.  Impromptu dancing from Johnny Rockets staff.  Got to watch the folks climbing the rock wall.

It was a bit noisy but nothing terrible.  Enjoyed the action.

Would I book it again?  NOPE.  Why?  The walk.  It felt like a mile hike to get to the room.  It was fun,  but once was enough.

lol.  I booked the second to the last Boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure deck 10 for the reasons you mentioned above.  I haven't told my family about the walk yet... 😉

• Haha 2

We book Boardwalk balconies a lot and like them.  We have never had a big problem with noise. We are usually not back to the room until 10:00 or so and by then everything is over at the Aqua Theater.

Our first choice is an oceanview but we don’t have a problem booking a Boardwalk if the price is much better…

We had a boardwalk balcony. Never again, certainly not in the hot, humid Caribbean, in summer. The humidity gets trapped in the enclosed area of the boardwalk, not like an oceanview balcony with cooling ocean breezes - it just makes sitting out stifling hot.

19 minutes ago, zebra said:

We had a boardwalk balcony. Never again, certainly not in the hot, humid Caribbean, in summer. The humidity gets trapped in the enclosed area of the boardwalk, not like an oceanview balcony with cooling ocean breezes - it just makes sitting out stifling hot.

Humid air rises so I’m not sure it gets trapped as you are suggesting.  Maybe it feels hot, but I’ve had tons of ocean view balconies that are way too hot to sit on at points in the day (or all day for half of the cruise).  If anything, there is way more shade for many of the BW balconies.  The CP balconies also have more shade, but I feel like there is less air movement in CP than in the BW.  

All of the balconies have their pros and cons.  I do like the BW balconies in the sense you can see the ocean and you can see a lot of things going on (including some of the shows if you pick your cabin wisely).  The long walk to the back never bothered me as it helps burn off some extra calories I don’t normally consume.  

• Like 3

We've stayed in a Boardwalk room and quite enjoyed it.  It can get loud at night so if you go to bed early, it may not be for you.  But we enjoyed people watching and seeing what was going on on the Boardwalk.  I also liked the fact that you can see the water in the distance.

We have connecting Boardwalk rooms for our next cruise with our kids.  Can't wait.

We have yet to try Central Park rooms.  We did have it booked but didn't make it on the cruise. But when we are considering one over the other, I tend to lean to the Boardwalk rooms just for the fact that you can see the water...and seems more fun than Central Park (although I'm sure those are lovely and peaceful).

Both seem to have pros and cons.

I like BW a bit better for the people watching and Aquatheater.  DH likes CP a bit better for the tranquility and evening music.  Since we cruise fairly often, we try to vary our locations cruise to cruise (OV balcony one cruise, BW on another, maybe a suite, CP on the next, back to a OV balcony).

3 hours ago, 4everAfamily said:

Just don't book a CP on the Wonder. 

What is different about the CP balconies on the Wonder as opposed to other Oasis class ships?

We have not had either a CP or Boardwalk balcony before.  We had the choice of either for an upcoming cruise on the Oasis and I jumped at the CP option (it was cheaper than an interior cabin).  I love the tranquility of CP and the live musicians that play there (quietly) and look forward to enjoying this from the balcony.  I find the Boardwalk too noisy to be sitting out enjoying that balcony.  The CP balconies are also much better located in terms of being in the middle of the ship, so less movement and so much closer to the stairs and elevators.

Neither.  Hated my boardwalk view room.  Can't see water without leaning over the side of the balcony.  View out the room is just a wall of other balconies. Hear the venues open all day and evening.  Have been in CP balconies and feels like totally stagnant air outside, no breeze at all. 

Oceanview balcony  or save your money and go Inside or Oceanview 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I love the tranquility of CP and the live musicians that play there (quietly)

On Wonder the is no tranquility for the CP balconies because of the giant movie screen above. They played movies till 2 am every night. We were on the second sailing and my dad had a CP 29 balcony, which he was excited about, but that quickly faded the first night. 

We have had a boardwalk balcony 10325 which had a nice view of the aqua shows and sliver of the ocean.        We probably would not book one of these cabins again for a couple of reasons:

1.  no privacy if you leave curtains open (DH did not like sitting on balcony and having people looking at you from across the way, he definitely likes his privacy when we are at our cabin/balcony)

2.  noise while trying to relax and read on the balcony was too much (boardwalk game - wack a mole or something similar was very annoying to hear day and night)

3.  When curtains were closed you still have a sliver of light coming in from the movie screen at aqua theater that was on all night.    I didn't have any clips but if I get one of these cabins again I recommend bringing clips to hold curtains into place.

4.   the long walk from elevator, seems like forever after a long port day

5.  the cabin seemed smaller than a standard OV balcony

BW over a CP . I had a BW on my first Oasis cruise several years ago .

I was 5 from the back on deck 9 . I had an ocean view and aqua theatre view.

Noise wasnt an issue for me and if you are mobile the walk is ok.

I booked it for the novelty , but i booked an oceanview balcony moving forward.

That big slide may block some views now .

Allure didnt get the slide yet , so views will be better on that ship .