Is Carnival Allowing Saving Deck Chairs Now?

JT1962

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What if when you leave your chair you take a pic with your phone of you in your chair, getting a time stamp.  That way if anyone moves your stuff before the required time, you can prove you were only gone so long.  Just a thought....

Go for it, nobody will stop you from taking that selfie.

Or care if they moved your stuff. Just a thought....

Hmmm.... it seems that people's attitudes are changing.  People aren't putting up with a lot lately.  I wonder if that has something to do with the increase of fights on ships, fights at Disney World because you aren't going to cut in front of me.  I'm not even going to sweat the small stuff.  I always find a chair even if it isn't in a prime location.  Not worth the hassle.  JMO

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What if when you leave your chair you take a pic with your phone of you in your chair, getting a time stamp.  That way if anyone moves your stuff before the required time, you can prove you were only gone so long.  Just a thought....

What if you just use the chair for as long as you'd like to use it. And when you're done using it, even if you're just going to eat at the buffet and cool off in the A/C for 30 minutes, you remove your belongings from the chair so others can use it. Just a thought...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

What if you just use the chair for as long as you'd like to use it. And when you're done using it, even if you're just going to eat at the buffet and cool off in the A/C for 30 minutes, you remove your belongings from the chair so others can use it. Just a thought...

That would be the mature attitude to the situation.  Unfortunately many are members of the me society and they don't care about the consequences of their actions.

• Like 2

Carnival should offer a deck chair package on sea days for the lower deck pool area ($$$). Comes with one free drink a day. The upper deck can be on a first come basis park your b... all day if you desire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

I was trying to think of a way that someone could go get their lunch from lido, be gone from their chair for 15 minutes and show they were gone for only 15 minutes.  A couple people on this thread indicated that issue had happened to them.  Just a thought...😀

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

My fear exactly.... With my luck the second I moved someone's ***** they would show up and start a fight

This...especially in todays world where everyone is mad about something and very quick to start something over these little life issues.  If a chair is that important and you want a certain area then get up early and get your pick.  If you choose to wait until later than take your chances and waste a lot of time policing and waiting on others to show up or not show up (strange way to spend your vacation imho). Its almost like there are those that go searching for a chair situation just so they CAN start something, guess they are that type and want the world to know it.  

Or, do what many of us do and get a balcony/or suite, guaranteed outdoor real estate with chairs/loungers...works great every time and no one can remove your stuff!!!

On 7/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, darinb1345 said:

This is why I hate sitting on the pool deck. Too much drama for my vacation. 

Totally agree.  We don't lounge anywhere near the pool area.  More room to spread out, line up with the sun, etc.  We usually end up near the waterworks to cool off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

My fear exactly.... With my luck the second I moved someone's ***** they would show up and start a fight

This...especially in todays world where everyone is mad about something and very quick to start something over these little life issues.  If a chair is that important and you want a certain area then get up early and get your pick.  If you choose to wait until later than take your chances and waste a lot of time policing and waiting on others to show up or not show up (strange way to spend your vacation imho). Its almost like there are those that go searching for a chair situation just so they CAN start something, guess they are that type and want the world to know it.  

Or, do what many of us do and get a balcony/or suite, guaranteed outdoor real estate with chairs/loungers...works great every time and no one can remove your stuff!!!

If it's really a problem and so many people want to get up early and put their stuff on a chair then maybe Carnival could start up a Lounge Chair reservations system put it on their App.   

The reservation system could open up in the morning, they have an on-line map you choose your position, reserve it and then the staff put a card on the seat.  You show up and someone is in your seat you show them your phone........................😀

36 minutes ago, M&A said:

If it's really a problem and so many people want to get up early and put their stuff on a chair then maybe Carnival could start up a Lounge Chair reservations system put it on their App.   

The reservation system could open up in the morning, they have an on-line map you choose your position, reserve it and then the staff put a card on the seat.  You show up and someone is in your seat you show them your phone........................😀

In the "olden days" of my cruising career - the first cruise we went on had something like this.  We walked onto the deck and a steward came up to us, had us pick a location we wanted to sit, took heavy wooden loungers and put our name on them and inserted a card into a slot built into the top of the chairs.  He then would bring out a cushion when we went to our chair in the a.m.  No fights, no hassle.  Chair was ours for the week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

In the "olden days" of my cruising career - the first cruise we went on had something like this.  We walked onto the deck and a steward came up to us, had us pick a location we wanted to sit, took heavy wooden loungers and put our name on them and inserted a card into a slot built into the top of the chairs.  He then would bring out a cushion when we went to our chair in the a.m.  No fights, no hassle.  Chair was ours for the week.

Had to be on your two Home Lines cruises back in the 80's since it obviously wasn't on the Big Red Boat on Premier.

This is why I book the biggest balcony I can. No need to fight for loungers when you have them right outside your room at all times. 

I do understand that not everybody can get those cabins for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 6

I don't think I've ever even tried to get a lounger near the pools.  For me, it's the worst area you can choose if you want to relax.  I always end up on a lounger on the side decks of a ship.  Rarely ever full, and nice and quiet.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mz-s said:

So you’re just going in to get a plate of food. Who would drag all their stuff along and worst of all then wander around deck (or two or three) looking for a chair carrying a plate of food and a drink.

4 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

So you’re just going in to get a plate of food. Who would drag all their stuff along and worst of all then wander around deck (or two or three) looking for a chair carrying a plate of food and a drink.

I’m saying if you’re not using your chair the courteous thing to do to your fellow cruisers is make the chair available.  I do understand that common courtesy is no longer common and it’s all about me me me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2022 at 10:41 PM, robc1972 said:

if nobody sits there for 15 minutes then the seats are fair game, put your stuff down, return the towels as yours and you are ahead of the game.

I think 15 minutes is a bit short.  I don't reserve chairs.  But if I did, 15 minutes is not enough time to jump in the pool, go get a snack, or do a quick run to the room.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, mz-s said:

It's not as complicated as you're making it. You don't have to sit there with a stopwatch to be able to tell when a chair is in use and someone just went to the bathroom vs. a chair hogger that's had their towel there since before breakfast.

Can you share your simple secrets.  Because my chair would look the same whether I am getting a snack or taking a three hour nap.  

17 minutes ago, thunderingherd11 said:

Can you share your simple secrets.  Because my chair would look the same whether I am getting a snack or taking a three hour nap.  

Simple really, if there's just a towel rolled up in the middle of the chair - high likelihood that towel has been there unattended for hours. I really should be charging for these simple cruising hacks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

WE were on Carnival Dream, and some person? placed cable ties on three chairs with backpacks looped thru the cable ties.  Whew....some people.

I saw that on Sunshine in the Lido restaurant. They were saving an entire row of tables so their group could play cards. It was during a slow time between meal service so I didn't say anything to them. Had I seen them during the lunch or dinner rush it would have been a different story.

I can't help but think if people need these things reserved for their exclusive use they should hire a yacht for their vacations like the folks do on Below Deck.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

I can't help but think if people need these things reserved for their exclusive use they should hire a yacht for their vacations like the folks do on Below Deck.

A family of 4 tips around 60 per day.  On Below Deck, the tip is around 6,000 per day.  Of course on top of the price difference between a private yacht and a cabin on Carnival.  

This is one of the reasons I booked a room on the Horizon in the Havana area. Hopefully its a much less crowded and has less chair hogging. I'll find out in October.

My last cruise (with celebrity) I felt like a cork bobbing in the water. I couldn't move because so many people were in the pool on the main deck. The pool experience wasn't relaxing or fun.