New testing protocols

MeganGC1983

42 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Not very many islands are requiring testing anymore!  Yay!

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

Yes, which I hope is taken into consideration for the next phase. My upcoming cruise is a 7 day with none of the ports requiring pre testing. 

6 minutes ago, cruisekel1 said:

So if my cruise is titled 5 days Bahamas from Charleston, but my itinerary shows Day 6 we arrive back in port do we need to test? 

NO.  It's a 5 night cruise.  Debarkation morning doesn't count.  Cruising always counts the overnights onboard.  A 7 day cruise literally spans briefly into the 8th day.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Correct.

14 minutes ago, cruisekel1 said:

So if my cruise is titled 5 days Bahamas from Charleston, but my itinerary shows Day 6 we arrive back in port do we need to test? 

Sorry, I misread your question.  No, you don't have to test.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jsglow said:

NO.  It's a 5 night cruise.  Debarkation morning doesn't count.  Cruising always counts the overnights onboard.  A 7 day cruise literally spans briefly into the 8th day.

Oh, good! I'd been wondering the same (though mine's a 5 day out of New Orleans, instead).

9 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 6.44.05 PM.png

This layout of bullets is a lot less confusing than the one that still shows different categories of up to date vs. fully vaxxed. Basically with this announcement they're throwing out "up to date" as a category (except for a few European sailings), which IMO makes sense because by now w/ some people having multiple boosters there's so many possible combinations of eligible/not eligible that A. customers can get confused over, and B. port workers would to have to verify

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I would agree with that.  My wife and I recently had Covid (about 6 weeks ago and non-cruise related).  We both only had a runny nose (no fever, no headache, or tiredness.)  It basically felt like a minor cold.   I would not have even tested had I not been around my grandsons who had it.  I'm guessing that most folks that have little or no symptoms like that wouldn't go test on a cruise.

It was the same way for us about a month before our last cruise. DW had to get a covid test prior to a procedure she was having. She ended up positive with no symptoms. I decided to get tested as well even though I had no symptoms at the time, but had had a scratchy throat for a few days a couple of weeks earlier, which is normal for me at that time of year (February). I turned up positive too. Luckily this happened right after Carnival rolled out the Letter of Recovery protocol, so we got letters from our PCP and were able to skip the test. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisekel1 said:

They should call it a 5 night cruise rather than a 5 day cruise.

• Like 4

On 7/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, shof515 said:

Magic is doing a 7 day Bermuda cruise out of nyc on august 15

When did you get your Bermuda travel authorization Shof? I sail on the August 15 sailing and have yet to get mine... it's been over 2 weeks. 

22 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

When did you get your Bermuda travel authorization Shof? I sail on the August 15 sailing and have yet to get mine... it's been over 2 weeks. 

Bermuda sends the completed travel authorization anywhere from 2 to 7 days prior to sail date

On 7/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, Colorado Cruzer said:

Not very many islands are requiring testing anymore!  Yay!

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

Yeah, I just did a quick tally, and really the only place (right now, at least) in the Caribbean that impacts Carnival is St Kitts, I believe.  And Bermuda (technically not in the Caribbean...)

These are the Caribbean (-ish) ports that still require testing for fully vaxxed, AFAIK, from that noted website:

Anguilla (no unvax allowed entry)

Bermuda (no unvax)

Guadeloupe (generally no unvax)

Haiti

Martinique (generally no unvax)

Montserrat (no unvax)

St Kitts & Nevis (no unvax)

St. Vincent & Grenadines

I believe Mexico has relaxed all test req'ts for fully vaxxed (and maybe unvaxxed), along with Belize, Honduras (unvaxxed need a test), and most other Central American ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm late to the party, but happy to here this news, although it won't help me until our 5 day cruise in Feb 2023, but still praying it will be lifted for our 7 day cruise in Oct 2022. 

Edited by mouche
  • Like 2

Carnival, along with Royal, NCL, Princess etc are part of a voluntary organization called CLIA. It is very likely that all current and upcoming changes to covid policies are a direct result of agreements reached through that organization. If that is accurate, then expect most  cruise lines to be following the same patterns, or close to them

CLIA's mission statement is "Our team is proud to provide a unified voice for the global cruise community, which offers travelers the best way to experience the world by supporting policies and practices to advance a safe, secure, healthy and sustainable cruise ship environment and promoting positive travel experiences for the nearly 30 million passengers who cruise annually."

https://cruising.org/en/about-the-industry/about-clia/leadership

Sad to see Bahamas got added to the list of testing still required

* BAHAMAS, BERMUDA, CANADA, AND GRAND CAYMAN: Pre-cruise testing requirements remain in place for ALL guests on ALL itineraries which include Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, and Grand Cayman. Fully vaccinated guests traveling to Bermuda and Canada can take either a PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing, or an antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing, in order to comply with destination regulations.

2 minutes ago, cruisekel1 said:

Sad to see Bahamas got added to the list of testing still required

* BAHAMAS, BERMUDA, CANADA, AND GRAND CAYMAN: Pre-cruise testing requirements remain in place for ALL guests on ALL itineraries which include Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, and Grand Cayman. Fully vaccinated guests traveling to Bermuda and Canada can take either a PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing, or an antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing, in order to comply with destination regulations.

Where did you find this? On the Bahamas official site, it says that if you are fully vaccinated you do not have to test.

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

• Like 1