Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

49 minutes ago, yyzcruising said:

Do you think there will be an Asia -> Hawaii -> YVR/SEA repo after the Dry Dock leading to Alaska?

No

I think it will be like Navigator and run with no passengers to the West Coast USA  for the big Alaska launch.

If Royal did take passengers from Singapore it would most likely be sold in 2 cruises with Tokyo as the turn around port. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Happens more then you realize. I Booked a Repo for this Fall just 6 months ago.

Booked a B2B East Coast repo (Oct/Nov 2002) ~20 days out.

Booked my first transatlantic (May 2005) 10 days out.

Booked West Coast repo (Sept 2012) 40 days out.

Booked my May 2023 transatlantic 29 days out.

Probably had a few more last minute repo/transatlantics. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

No

I think it will be like Navigator and run with no passengers to the West Coast USA  for the big Alaska launch.

If Royal did take passengers from Singapore it would most likely be sold in 2 cruises with Tokyo as the turn around port. 

Anthem is going to the west coast??  Have I missed something?

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Anthem is going to the west coast??  Have I missed something?

A earlier post says this Chilli.

“Just from Captains Corner on Anthem about her repositioning. It looks like she is going on quite the world tour! 

Summer 24 - Southampton, UK

Winter 24/25 - Singapore

March 25 - Dry Dock

Summer 25 - Alaska

Winter 25/26 - Australia”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, springaussie said:

“Just from Captains Corner on Anthem about her repositioning. It looks like she is going on quite the world tour! 

Winter 24/25 - Singapore

March 25 - Dry Dock

Summer 25 - Alaska

Not another Quantum in Australia.

I think it might be time to get in Gavin’s ear .

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Winter 24/25 - Singapore

March 25 - Dry Dock

Summer 25 - Alaska

Is there likely to be 3 Q-class in Alaska or would Anthem replace one of the current 2? 

I guess Anthem would replace one of the 2 in Australia.  Or will we have 3?  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Is there likely to be 3 Q-class in Alaska or would Anthem replace one of the current 2? 

One could replace Navigator in L.A.  ,say Ovation .

Love see Navigator here doing Mare ,Lifou and isle of pines.
Quantum class are to big for those islands , Voyager and Explorer were regulars to those islands.

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

With Spectrum going back into China my guess would be one Q class backfilling Spectrum and not going to Alaska just as Spectrum has never gone to Alaska, leaving two Q for Alaska.

Three Q in Alaska seems excessive and hard to make work embarking on weird days. 

Just a guess on my part. 

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

One could replace Navigator in L.A.  ,say Ovation .

Love see Navigator here doing Mare ,Lifou and isle of pines.
Quantum class are to big for those islands , Voyager and Explorer were regulars to those islands.

Tendering at Catalina on the 3/4 night cruises twice a week seems like it would burn out the crew pretty quickly.

It's one thing to tender Q class occasionally or on longer cruises when needed in NZ but doing it so frequently every few days on a 3/4 rotation doesn't sound like a good plan.

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

With Spectrum going back into China my guess would be one Q class backfilling Spectrum and not going to Alaska just as Spectrum has never gone to Alaska, leaving two Q for Alaska.

Three Q in Alaska seems excessive and hard to make work embarking on weird days. 

Just a guess on my part. 

Papeete port bookings still show Quantum and Ovation visiting April 2025.

Very possible only 2 Quantum’s in Alaska. 

3 minutes ago, springaussie said:

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Just a guess on my part. 

I tend to agree.  
Surely a Q class replaces Spectrum in Singapore.  

On 6/24/2023 at 8:22 AM, island lady said:

Yes, have been to Alaska 5 times.  This last time we had our usual Seward to Seward B2B booked...when it was cancelled due to Covid.  Kept the trip, kept the booked flights, and simply replaced the 2 week cruise with a nice stay in a cabin in Homer.  That gave us 4 weeks to explore. 

Want to book the cruise and land based again, just waiting for RCI to post bookings for 2025 season...which I think comes out in November.  

Your plans sound wonderful!!  🙂 

Our Alaska cruise was canceled in 2021 so mom and I just booked a week's road trip through AAA and had a great time in Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali and Fairbanks.  Wish we had booked longer than a week!  It was great.  Pam and I hope to do a very lengthy Alaska road trip once we retire.  We loved it there.

Right now I think we're leaning on doing another TA (hopefully Allure).  We missed so much last year with Pam's knee issues and our Covid fears onboard Wonder.  But we LOVED our Owner's Suite!  That thing was the best.  Just wish it had been on the starboard rather than the port side of the ship.  Too sunny for us to enjoy much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

I was looking for that info when trying to figure out what was coming back in spring 25 (aside from ovation) and different websites seems to show different things. Is there an official source of truth on those bookings? Some sites only show Ovation.. some show no RC for 25.. and other has the Quantum, Ovation and Brilliance in there.

36 minutes ago, Crism said:

Everything is posted for Spectrum. Lots of short itineraries, a few 7s, and a 9 over Christmas.

Very disappointed with these itineraries. I was hoping for something from Singapore to Shanghai or the reverse. We've done this amazing itinerary that included Viet Nam etc before. These are Japan itineraries which we're not interested in.

Is this it for China or will other itineraries be released? 

• Like 1

Just got confirmation that Freedom is going into dry dock in November/December 2024 (in the form of a cancellation e-mail for my December 7th sailing).

It says: "We’re taking Freedom of the Seas into dry dock for routine maintenance and exciting improvements."

No idea how long it will take as January is blocked out on the website and the first date offered as an alternative after the dry dock is the February 16th sailing...

@Jumping Cruiser you were spot on with your forecast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Very disappointed with these itineraries. I was hoping for something from Singapore to Shanghai or the reverse. We've done this amazing itinerary that included Viet Nam etc before. These are Japan itineraries which we're not interested in.

Is this it for China or will other itineraries be released? 

Disappointing itineraries and very high prices, hope we see another ship sailing out of Singapore.  Anthem?

49 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Disappointing itineraries and very high prices, hope we see another ship sailing out of Singapore.  Anthem?

I would love to see a ship sailing from Singapore in Oct/2024. I will be on Carnival Panorama TP from Singapore to Long Beach mid Oct. I did the reverse in 2019 on Carnival Splendor, and then hopped on a B2B 3/4 day on the Voyager.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 8:06 PM, springaussie said:

Hey springaussie,

Could you pls share the link to the Papeete port schedule?  
I’m wondering why they haven’t released a Quantum April 2025 TP from Brisbane.  Quantum going to Singapore (replaced by Anthem)?

Ship year ‘round in Australia?  
No supporting entries in Darwin’s port calendar. 

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Hey springaussie,

I’m wondering why they haven’t released a Quantum April 2025 TP from Brisbane.  Quantum going to Singapore (replaced by Anthem)?

I don’t think they would have a Quantum here year round to start off.

http://www.portdepapeete.pf/previsions-navires

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Hey springaussie,

Geoff

i think Royal is just keeping the options open with not opening the TP Brisbane to Alaska for sale. 

If Oz gets 3 Q ships 26/26 it will be with the private island opened.

I can’t see Oz getting year round ship for a few years.